Wendy Skinner Photography / Disgusting

United Kingdom, England, Berkshire Review updated:
Wendy skinner photography
Very bad experiance with this photographer. My friends big day was almost ruined. The photographer is rude, she was overbearing to the extent of pushing people out of the way and upsetting guests. As well as other things the photographer then posted these private moments all over the internet despite an agreement that these pictures were personal and therefore could not be used for commercial use. Very unprofessional.
Approach with caution. Customer service is non existant.

D  3rd of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Wendy photographed our wedding, we had a small wedding at a registry office but the photos she took were beautiful. She really captured the day well.
She is very friendly and funny and had everyone laughing. She even got my 5 year old neice to smile which was a miracle.
We look forward to her next visit - to photograph our honeymoon baby in 4 months time!!
A  9th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I agree with the original of this review. Had a very bad experience with this photographer. Pictures I agree are nice, but the attitude and customer service is really bad. I think it's horrible that the photographer would use photos without permission. She was actually a guest at our wedding before she evan started her company and we were not amused with her behaviour especially as she was not there to take pictures, she completly took over. Since then she has put pictures up without permission. I'm glad someone had a nice experience because we certainly did not and as I say she was a guest!
A  9th of Feb, 2009 by
I also have had a bad experience with this photographer. At the time fantastic, great shots, charming very nice, however all is not as it seems. Having taken the shots she then posted them all over the internet to promote her work. I understand that photographers need to boost their portfolios however I think this is wrong without the subjects permission, a simple mistake that you would think could be sorted very quickly but the photographer will not remove them and infact keeps adding them to more websites. Some people like their privacy and do not want their private moments seen by all. The photographer took the photos, yes but that does not mean she can do with them as she likes. I will make sure from now on that any photographer I use will not betray me in this way again. I would not recomend this photographer to anyone that does not want to be posted everywhere. A shame because unlike the other negative posts I found her to be very nice at the time. I just don't like the aftertaste so to speak.
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
These posts have all been made up by the same person or members of their family. Wendy's hobby is photography and does not have a photography company or make a living from it. It is a hobby that may in the future be something to fall back on. These posts have been fabricated in order to be malicious and spiteful because of a falling out between friends who now think they can gain something by registering on various sites with several different identities and making out they employed her services. There are no photos on the Internet without the owner’s permission, there is no customer service as no company exists. Wendy has done several fantastic photos shoots free of charge for friends and family and these are done by word of mouth. This 'friend' has even emailed her pretending to be a prospective customer but of course she doesn't take bookings professionally. If you choose to read this petty childish behaviour posted by an ex-friend and her family then please enjoy it for the laugh that it is and treat it with the contempt it deserves as they are pretending to complain about a company and service that does not exist.
D  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I complete disagree with Angel235 comments. Wendy has done amazing photos for me (met her through her facebook group). Not only did she do them completely free but she spent hours making arty versions of the photos.
She is very nice and I love her photos. I think it is very sad that her friend has treated her like this.
N  11th of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Just a few things guys. Stumbled across this and you all need to think about what you are saying and doing.

This is a review site tinkerbox, not somewhere to attack people and make accusations which may or may not be true or false. Yours is not a opinion but a personal attack. Both tinkerbox and flyby attack someone in particular. The other reviews are just that, they are a opinion of a company not a specific person.

Speaking of the company issue. I typed the name in, which has it's own website with booking and enquiry forms and a link to the facebook page which has a cost breakdown. That is a company. A company which is charging for a service.

It seems to me the only person fabricating a story is the accussed and their "Friends". Also it's clear to me that these reviews are not the same person, the language and way they are written is nothing like each other. Plus it's wrong of you to accuse someone of that just because of some falling out. People have you got nothing better to do!!

Also just a note when you do a search on the above a photo.net conversation comes up in which the photographer actually admits what the original and further complaints are talking about although which one she refers to I don't know only they will know that and that is dated december so this has been rocking on for a while.

Also the negative reviews do not refer to a photographer in particular just the company, they never name the photographer it is the positive reviews that do that. How is joe bloggs to know if it is one or several, you guys have actually by leaving these attacking reviews on the negative comments made the photographer look like a liar and a fraud.

Hope you guys sort this out and it's a good idea not to attack people in writing and not to air your dirty laundry for all!!
D  13th of Feb, 2009 by
VegasPhotographer, yes you are right there was a discussion on photo.net but that was last year and there are no photos of these people on the internet yet this seems to be continued.
All the photos that I have on the internet at present belong to me and I have written permission from all people in these photos.
If you like my photos then I am more than happy to put you in contact with anyone of my previous clients.
N  18th of Feb, 2009 by
Reading this I got really confused. Not about the original complaint or further complaints which hopefully as the photographer states is sorted for the sake of all the wedding couples involved. Sometimes wires get crossed and these things happen. What really stuck out to me about this is the fact that it is stated that there is no company and hence no customer service and yet as has been pointed out there clearly is a company with a website etc.

"there is no customer service as no company exists. Wendy has done several fantastic photos shoots free of charge for friends and family and these are done by word of mouth"

The photographer herself, I presume wendy is the photographer states

"If anyone has any comments or questions about any of this then I ask them to please contact me at info@wendyskinnerphotography.com.
If you like my photos then I am more than happy to put you in contact with anyone of my previous clients".

I think each individual has to make of these complaints as they see fit but the real issue here to me seems to be the the fact that one minute this is not a company but someone who just takes shots for friends but clearly this is not the case as the photographer herself has shown. Very concerning. Unless of course the photographer has put up a website etc and taking clients but free of charge as stated above in which case hire her now, but I very much doubt that. It is very confusing and misleading and worrying that someone should advertise for clients through a website etc and then claim not to be a company so that no repurcussions can come back to them. Very very strange indeed.
N  21st of Feb, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I felt I should write something, I recently contacted Wendy with regards to myself and my friends wedding. I loved her work but was put off by the negative reviews regarding using pictures without permission including the ones on this site. I found her to be very upfront about the situation. However things then took a turn with the whole company/non company situation which further concerned me. I have contacted Wendy to say we felt too many niggles and found to many discrepancies to persuade us to hire her for the wedding but would like in the future to hire her for other shoots. I found her to be very gracious and she offered to help me find someone else to do the wedding, I thought this was fantastic. Part of me feels guilty because she comes across very genuine and nice but that is conflicted with the above. Although we will not use Wendy for the wedding, we feel someone more rooted in the profession with more experience would benefit us we will be using her for other occasions in the future. Everyone has misunderstandings and from what I can see Wendy is a nice person who is trying to set up a company. In time I think all the issues above will be sorted and she will shine through. When that happens we will be first in the line to have pictures with her. I advise anyone who reads this and is concerned to contact Wendy, as I say she is very nice and understanding. Her photos are wonderful.
N  2nd of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Hi, I know it's none of my business BUT.. I just wanted to say one thing about the issue of the photographer posting the photos on her website.
Whether she's a hobbyist or a business, as a photographer, she owns the copywrite to all the photos, and she can use the photos as part of her portfolio and to promote her own work UNLESS there is a written contract/model release that says otherwise. As a client (a person being photographed), you have rights too... the photographer cannot use your photos for commercial purposes without a model release. "Commercial purpose" means she cannot sell your images, or use your image to sell products.
BTW, I don't know the photographer or the client.. I am just an amateur photographer from NYC who just came across this page at complete random (while searching for something else).

N  11th of Mar, 2009 by
Personally I would never hire a photographer who

a)claims they are and then not and then are a company.

b)Puts up pictures without permission. I find it very hard to believe that someone would leave bad reviews just for the sake of it. These photos may now have been removed but not immediatly, i presume hence the complaints, and frankly should never have been put up without consent. It's called being curteous.

Also I have to say that the original complaints were worded in a way that could not be deemed as targetting a specific person and were factual rather than personal however further comments supporting the photographer are actually nasty and aimed at specific people without any form of proof. No way would I hire anyone who behaves like that.
N  19th of Mar, 2009 by
Its just wrong, why would anyone want to ruin something so special. Such a shame.
As a potential client who came by the photographer in a search I then liked the website. Decided to do a specific search in which this pops up. I also would never hire anyone who could behave in such a way. Photographers are not cheap but I will certainly pay extra for someone who regards their customers more than what this photographer does. This may all be resolved but having read this and other reviews and sites in which the photographer is very derogatory towards clients/friends I have been put off. If someone can do this to a friend who, as the photographer stated on another website paid for the photographer to attend their wedding in Mauritius what is to stop her behaving like this with anyone else. I get the feeling that the negative reviews are not by the same person and this concerns me as well as the company/non company issue, clearly Wendy Skinner photography is a company. Very sad and I feel so sorry for the poor couples who had to endure such insensetivity. Hopefully this is all sorted and I for one am grateful to those that have come forward as it has stopped me from making what could have been a very upsetting mistake.

N  26th of Mar, 2009 by
How sad, I would be so upset if that had been done to me. Those poor couples, Theres always two sides to a story but I just feel so sorry for all the couples. Hope this is all sorted now.
D  22nd of Sep, 2009 by
I think she is rude, ignerent and very in your face! after being 'bullied' at work you never would of thought she would bully! I STRONGLY ADVISE YOU TO KEEP AWAY!
A  18th of Nov, 2009 by
this person was invited to my friends wedding as a guest, she took photos and then posted them on her site making out she was the 'offical photographer' she never asked for permsiion and took ages to take them off her site when confronted by my friend who was distraught. horrid horrid
D  22nd of Nov, 2009 by
I am so shocked at these comments,
I would have to completely disagree with what some people have said. Wendy is the friendliest, nicest person ever.
She did wonderful pictures for us. She did our engagement portrait and will be doing our wedding.
From the start she was very informative and formal. She has even had us sign a contract and discussed with us our options as to whether or not we were happy for her to use pictures she took for public use which was all written in to the contract.
She had told us that there were negative reviews on the internet but that didn't matter to us as we love her work and trust her.

I think if you have genuinly had bad service from someone you should contact them to resolve it, not slag them off on the internet.
I find it hard to believe these comments as clearly the photos she has on the internet have approval of the people in them due to comments made on them (facebook).

I look forward to her photographing our wedding and have decided to change my mind on her using them publicly. I will be happy for her to use a select few if they are as great as the engagement ones.

Shame on you negative people
N  1st of Dec, 2009 by
After reading these reviews I was so upset to hear that other couples have also been through the same trauma as my husband & I.

Our personal wedding photos were posted all over the internet on various bridal websites & on the photographers own business page on facebook. We were distraught to find out that a guest at our wedding would behave in this way. After asking for the photos to be removed we have had nothing but verbal abuse and claims that we had given permission for our photos to be used. Allowing a person to have wedding photos on their facebook page after being a guest at your wedding (which we were perfectly happy with) is completely different to them being posted on websites advertising a business.

Its great to hear that others have had a positive experience with this photographer as your wedding day is so precious, as are the memories & photographs from your big day.

My experience unfortunately has been absolutely awful and I would definitely NOT recommend Wendy Skinner Photography under any circumstances. Approach with caution!
N  2nd of Dec, 2009 by
Avoid, Avoid, AVOID!!!

Good photos but as someone said previously in another review; non existent customer care & ill mannered. No respect for clients wishes what so ever. Untrustworthy!!! Don't fall for the nice act... it doesnt last!
N  23rd of Dec, 2009 by
To say I am heartbroken reading these reviews is an understatement, To think that so many other people have been through what we have with this photographer is soul destroying. I would not wish this on my worst enemy. The memory of our day has been shatterred by the constant emails, threatening and abusive behaviour of the photographer and her underhanded tactics.

Just to let you all know she no longer works under Wendy skinner photography but another name which has enabled her to continue to use pictures without people knowing.

I am sick of this whole fiasco, it has made me physically sick and we are now undergoing a legal battle to stop this once and for all. I am disgusted by this person and the way in which she has not only treated us but obviously alot of other people. I am just sorry I did not write something sooner as I may have been able to stop some of you using her.

I advise everyone to seek legal advice and keep all her rude and abusive correspondance as well as documenting where and when she has unlawfully used your images.

In our case Facebook as well as other sites have been fantastic and I can not thank them enough for constantly having to remove our pictures. They have been superb, although as she hides albums and changes her company name etc it can be hard to keep a track on your photos because this girl just never gives up and can see no wrong in what she is doing. I also think it's great that not everyone has had a horrible experience but they seem to be a very small minority.

I just think the whole thing is disgusting. All we have ever received is abuse and that we are in the wrong for not wanting our pictures all over the internet. Never once have we received an apology. Not only are we taking legal action but several of our guests are because she has used images of their children which she refuse to remove. In a day and age when this is such a sensitive subject you would think someone would care more about plastering pictures of children on the internet, unfortunatly this is not the case with this photographer.

Please please do not be fooled by promises of "Respecting your wishes" and "a high standard of customer service" it's non existent all that Wendy Skinner cares about is herself.

I do not feel that we should be ashamed of ourselves as one person has put, this is a opionions page and we are all sharing our experiences negative and positive. Unfortunatly it seems the majority of comments are negative, thats down to the photographer not the individual!!
N  8th of Jan, 2010 by
I am also going to be seeking legal action... this has been such a horrible ordeal and I really cant wait to finally put an end to it. This photographer is absolutely relentless and will not take no for an answer. I believe she has changed the name of her company to Flutterby now. She'll probably continue to try and cover her tracks by hiding albums and trading under different company names. Steer clear is my advice!