welwatch / fraudulent charge on my account I made no purchase

Two transactions - one for $2.67 and one month later a transaction for $42.18 appeared on my credit card. As I am in Australia my bank also charged overseas transaction fees. I made no purchase nor received goods from this company. My bank is saying that the company is registered with MasterCard secure and that the company says they attempted to authenticate the transaction (which I strongly believe is incorrect) and as I was not a member of MasterCard Secure my bank will not refund the transaction but I have the option to pursue the matter and the bank will send it to their Fraud operationsw Area. I intend to do so.

Comments

Do
  29th of Dec, 2008
welwatch - Credit Card Charges
Barton Publishing

I purchased and downloaded an article on line from Barton Publishing for $19.95, and found a $1 charge from welwatch on the same monthly statement. I did not really pay attention and then found that for the next two months I received a $29.95 charge from Welwatch. I have advised my Credit Card Co that these charges were not authorized and I received no service. Obviuolsy somewhere in the small print for Barton they have a hooker that signs you up. This is deceptive practice. BEWARE!

Jo
  11th of Jan, 2009
welwatch - unauthorised charge
welwatch

I purchased a health product from Barton Publishing for $19.95 on 12th Dec 08.
On 30th Dec 08 Welwatch made an unauthorised charge of $29.95 from the same credit card.
I see from your website that I am one of many.
Jon.
England.

Jo
  28th of Jan, 2009
welwatch - charged for nothing
Barton Publishing
Australia
BartonPublishing.com

I ordered a publication from BartonPublishing.com, paid and as yet have received nothing.

Welwatch have charged my credit card $47 for zilch!

Ch
  6th of Mar, 2009
welwatch - billed without knowledge
welwatch
Charlotte
North Carolina

I was checking my banking and there was a charge for 29.95. I have not recieved anything from them but I did get a charge.

Am
  5th of Apr, 2009
welwatch - charged debit card
Welwatchmd
2518 S.E. 20th Place
Homestead
Florida
alanskya@bellsouth.net

I unsubscribed from this company the same day that I signed up. After reading about this being a scam, I cancelled. Today my debit card was charged $29.95
Thanks,

Amy Cruz

Po
  1st of May, 2009

Unauthorized payments from my credit card