WellWorX Sporting Club / Consumer Harassment

Memphis, United States Review updated:
Do not join this club!!!

They look like a good club and they advertise a lot promoting their club.

However, beware... once you join you will never be able to stop your membership.

Been trying for over two years to get them to stop billing me for a membership that was appropriately cancelled with proper notification and NO pending contract stipulations.

THIS IS NOT A ISOLATED CASE...it is happening to a number of people that have cancelled their membership with the club.

Tried to rectify...however, they will not return calls and will not respond to any attempts to try to resolve the issue...they just keep the bills coming with collection threats.

Even went to the club in person and they would not let me see the individual responsible for this. Was told I would have to leave a message and they would get back to me. Never Happened !!

Reader BEWARE !!
More WellWorx Sporting Club Reviews
Bi

More WellWorX Sporting Club Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Al
  22nd of Dec, 2008
There are much better gyms in Memphis. Check their rating with the BBB.
Me
  8th of Jan, 2011
I had a contract with them and canceled with no problem. Couple years later joined again and when I canceled, again, I had no problem. The cancelation procedure is clearly written on the contract you sign on the front page and you have to initial it when you join so if you can read you should know how to cancel. You simply pay them what you owe, turn in your cards, send a certified letter saying you want to cancel. We are members again, for the third time now, and I have no idea why people keep complaining about the cancelation policy. Maybe they can't simply read what they signed and follow the procedure they agreed to follow when they joined? It's plain and simple and that's that.
Js
  15th of Feb, 2011
A group of us members were talking about some of the bad things we see on the web from complaint sites. Then we looked up all the other gyms in the area. WellWorx has a "no rating", all other gyms have an F also. There was one with a D-.
There is no facility within 100+ miles where you can get all that WellWorx offers. PERIOD. It's a 50 year old facility, but they just renovated pool area and are starting exterior projects. After 50 years you are going to ruffle a few feathers, but I know they have hundreds if not thousands of current happy members. I have been one for 7 years.
Js
  15th of Feb, 2011
WellWorX members Unite! We will stand by our club! My friends have cancelled with no problem. I think some of these complaints are more a problem of people not paying their bill or forgetting to cnacel so they get billed for months before they correctly cancelled.
Eg
  17th of Feb, 2011
My family has been members of this club for years and they do a great job. The ownership is always around and ready to respond to any issues. I will say, I don't always get my way but I always get listened to and I believe this Christian based ownership has the highest level of character I've ever seen in a health club. I have heard inside the club that if you don't pay your bill that they expect you to pay it. It appears that some members in the past feel you should'nt have to follow procedure and pay your bills. The club constantly has new things being added, and upgrades being made which can only be made if the club get's paid by it's members. This club has anything and everything to offer from tennis courts, racquetball, basketball, new pools, gymnastics, swim lessons, zumba, yoga, etc..I love the staff of WellWorX and I love WellWorX!
Va
  3rd of Jun, 2016

WellWorX Sporting Club - Don't waste your money
WellWorX Sporting Club
www.wellworx.com

Past member that will tell you that you can find much better gyms than this. They look good; however, the management at this place has a lot to be desired. Tried to get issues rectified with my membership and they just refused to listen or respond. Tried to get them to resolve by contacting the Better Business Bureau and they just said so what! Look at the other complaints on this board about them and just Google them and read other reviews and you will see a clear pattern. Do your research and make sure you read all the fine print in the contract you sign. Don't waste your money, go to a good club. There are plenty out there.