Wellwatchmd / Unknown charges on credit card

United States Review updated:
4.8
I was checking my credit card and there was an amount charged from WellWatch, MD for $59.00. I never purchased antying from them and never head from them. I checked out their website and never remember visiting in. In addition, when I attempted to log in with one of my usual member names, it did not register. I did contact my credit card company and they are disputing and investigating the charge. Since I had since other complaints on this company I wanted to add mine
Kl

Comments

Mi
  15th of Dec, 2008
they did me the same way, i ordered a "free" bottle of ACAI Berry weight loss pill, with only to pay for shipping and handeling, $2.95, then two weeks later they charged $89.31 and then $59.00 the next day. This web-site Well Watch MD is a total scam! They need to be reported. I would report them if I knew how!
Me
  28th of Dec, 2008
same thing here...ordered the 'free' bottle of acai berry pill and charges totalling 130.00 showed up on my cc...I tried to contact them, but to no avail...
Kj
  28th of Dec, 2008

WELLWATCHMD - unauthorized charge
Princeton
New Jersey
Phone: 18005916383

After being suckered in to purchasing Celebrity Sexy Teeth from a pop-up add on my local radio station's web sight, (which I still haven't received since ordering on 11/10/08) when you clicked on the section that said "collect your special gift for being a valued customer". You could choose from $25.00 Wal*Mart, Target or gas card gift card, they automatically signed me up for "premier program offers", which I immediately cancelled at https://secure.ionlinecart.com/autoorder/autoOrderCancelQuerySave.do
Now on Dec 4, 2008 I have a new charge on my card of $59.90 from WELWATCHMD. I never signed up for any of this, I just thought I was ordering teeth whitener! I know better, but these web sights are SCAMS. Now I have to waste time calling credit card company, getting in touch with the company that put the charge on my account, etc.
Wa
  30th of Dec, 2008
I also bought a bottle of ACAI pills for 4.95 shipping and now have a charge on my account as well how can we stop these people
Fr
  6th of Jan, 2009
This same thing happened to me on December 4 2008, somehow I was charged $59.90 for no reason. I dont know how to contact them to see about getting my money back. Does anyone have any info on this?
Ol
  11th of Jan, 2009
your story happend to me exactly the same way. thank you for your complaint. somebody has to close Celebrity Sexy Teeth web site. the web site is SCAM.
Er
  20th of Jan, 2009
Well i have the same complaint, wellwatch took money out of my account, something like 59.00 and i never heard of them and they need to go to jail for scaming people out of their money.
Ea
  22nd of Jan, 2009
Just got the same charge on my card!!! Seriously this is ridiculous isn't there someone out there that can stop this stuff from happening?!
Ta
  23rd of Jan, 2009

WELLWATCHMD - Deducting money from my Aussie credit card
WELL WatchMD
Bundaberg
Queensland
Australia

I recieved a Aussie credit card statement mid December and this WellWatch MD had deducted $45.36 dated 21/10/08 from my card I rang Aussi straight away and told them that I did not even recoginise this company and to dispute the ammount. So Aussie sent me a dispute form and I filled it out and returned it to them, Only to ecieve another statement on the 23/1/09 with a second ammount deducted by this company. So I get on the phone again yesterday and ask what the hell is going on only to be told that they are waiting for this company to acknowledge this dispute( the 1st one ) and that I have to fill out another dispute form for the now 2nd ammount that has been deducted from my card. This is becomming a JOKE. I was told until such time as this dispute is resolved that there is nothing I can do but keep paying. I am absoutely discusted in the bank Card system where the can't even abide by your wishes for this garbage to stop.This company should be prosecuted and should deffinately not be allowed to TRADE at ALL!
Ta
  23rd of Jan, 2009
At Least if people let other people know about these shonky companies we might stand a bit of a chance to get rid of them.
Da
  30th of Jan, 2009
Like so many others, I have also been hit with this unauthorised charge. Initial charges made mid Decemeber and reported immediately to my Credit Card agent. Further charges made in January, reported again CC agent.

A little investigation has helped though. WellWatchMD are a Princetown, New Jersey based outfit and can be contacted on 1-800-591-6383, although you will have to endure a long pre-recorded message on answer. Calling from UK, I was really happy about that - NOT.

It seems that WellWatch MD are in some way connected to Barton Publishing (a web-site I did visit) and pop-up during the time on Barton's web-site. I was advised by WellWatch that I had agreed to (or more specifically not opted out of) a 2 week trial on WellWatchMD, which unless cancelled becomes a regular monthly subscription charged at what ever rate for no product!

Given what has happened to me, I would urge anyone to contact WellWatch MD, to ensure that your "subscription" is cancelled, otherwise you are likley to encounter repeats month after month until it is finally cancelled.

The Credit Card connection must be through Barton Publishing - doubtless disguised as something else, nevertheless I have no recollection of opting into (or for that matter out of) any subscription and continue to dispute the charges through the CC Agent.
Ed
  4th of Feb, 2009

WELLWATCHMD - billed
well watch md
Eastlake
Ohio
Phone: 440 942 2919

I got charged $29.95 on 02/03/2009 from wellwatchmd I have no idea what this charge is for. Never used this service.
Ro
  9th of Feb, 2009
this is a wellwatchMD phone number in NJ
call fast and cancel and then
let's go after them !

800-5916383

I have to go to my bank and block them and
Bartons today, just how I wanted to spend my valuable time, the ### !
Rob
Pa
  20th of Feb, 2009
I have been ripped off for $45+ each month for last 6 months.
I rang 001118005916383 on 21/02/2009 and cancelled .
I've received an email confirming cancellation but will have to wait for next months statement to confirm cancellation.
Paul Wright
Sarina QLD
Wh
  26th of Feb, 2009
I noticed an unauthorized charge on my credit card from this company. I had no idea what is was for. Well, as it turns out, I had recently purchased something from Barton Publishing and they include a FREE 2 week trial from WellWatchMd. This charge appeared only 2 days after my purchase from Barton and was only $1.83, but it prompted me to go look at me emails.

So, if you have purchased anything from Barton check the email you have received and chances are that is where the charge is coming from. The customer service rep from WellWatchMd was very friendly and reversed the charge and canceled the subscription that I had never signed up for!

Hope this helps others.
Ke
  26th of Feb, 2009
I can't believe this! This is serious crime here. Like everyone else, the same has happened to me, over $100.00 in 2 months deducted from my credit card after simply buying a couple pages about a natural cure for gout. Obviously Barton Publishing are in bed with wellwatchMD, of course my bank are investigating for me, but meanwhile what do I do?? And will they reimburse me??
Kellie

WELLWATCHMD
North Sydney
New South Wales
Australia

CHARGES OF $aust46.76 ( $us29.90)appeared ON MY CREDIT CARD. I contacted the bank and they advised that the total amount of my commitment to WellwatchMD was approx $285. I dont know if that was US dollars or Australian dollars. I had not heard of WellwatchMD. To make it worse, it was a debit card that hade no credit left, the bank debited the last 2 months and also charged overdraft fees of total $75, so that was cost of $158 Australian for what????. The Bank today cancelled my card due to fraudulent use and said they would waive the $75 overdraft fee. That is still $83 for what????.

The WellwatchMD charges happened after I had requested of Barton Publishing a Health report which was expensive due to the exchange rate & considering had to download, took forvever to print and not bound. I havnt got around to reading the content. But I have to accept that charge of AUST $59.98. I did download that one.

The only way anyone could have got hold of my credit card number is from Barton. I have contacted Barton and am awaiting on a reponse.

Today I thought I would Google WellwatchMD and see who they were and absolutely amazed at the amount of people who had charges on their cards and for what??

I had always been so careful with Ebay and dealing with overseas persons in China and US and never once had a problem, I hadnt used this specific card so never looked at it when it came in as it is summarised on the reverse. Only did I look when I got a letter from the Bank re the overdraft fees..
Ro
  4th of Mar, 2009

WELLWATCHMD - Improved Customer Support
WellnessWatchersMD
Princeton
New Jersey
Phone: 800-591-6383
WellnessWatchersMD.com

Hello, I am with WellnessWatchersMD. We are honestly not trying to scam anyone. If you feel that you have been signed up and/or charged erroneously, or would like to cancel your subscription with us, please contact us via email at support@wellnesswatchersmd.com or by telephone at 1-800-591-6383 and we will resolve your issue. I assure you that these are both working points of contact. Thank you!
Jo
  5th of Mar, 2009
i too was charged 1.83 after a purchase . nothing was ever said about this charge so when i called wellwatchermd i spoke with robert ext 382 he said they we credit it back but made it clear that it WAS ONLY 1.83 so it shouldnt be a big deal so i asked him to pay it of course he said no but i was insured it would be creditied. will not deal with them any more.
Ch
  6th of Mar, 2009
I have just realized this scam as well, i was only charged twice so maybe i got off lucky, but i just got off the phone with the company, (i sued the number above) i told them i had canceled the subscription through the email i was sent and was still charged and they are going to refund the money to my account. i will be checking to make sure. hope that helps.