Wellwatchmd / Unknown charges on credit card

1 Review updated:

I was checking my credit card and there was an amount charged from WellWatch, MD for $59.00. I never purchased antying from them and never head from them. I checked out their website and never remember visiting in. In addition, when I attempted to log in with one of my usual member names, it did not register. I did contact my credit card company and they are disputing and investigating the charge. Since I had since other complaints on this company I wanted to add mine

Kl

Comments

• Mi
      Dec 15, 2008

they did me the same way, i ordered a "free" bottle of ACAI Berry weight loss pill, with only to pay for shipping and handeling, $2.95, then two weeks later they charged $89.31 and then $59.00 the next day. This web-site Well Watch MD is a total scam! They need to be reported. I would report them if I knew how!

• Me
      Dec 28, 2008

same thing here...ordered the 'free' bottle of acai berry pill and charges totalling 130.00 showed up on my cc...I tried to contact them, but to no avail...

• Kj
      Dec 28, 2008
    WELLWATCHMD - unauthorized charge
    Princeton
    Phone: [protected]

After being suckered in to purchasing Celebrity Sexy Teeth from a pop-up add on my local radio station's web sight, (which I still haven't received since ordering on 11/10/08) when you clicked on the section that said "collect your special gift for being a valued customer". You could choose from $25.00 Wal*Mart, Target or gas card gift card, they automatically signed me up for "premier program offers", which I immediately cancelled at https://secure.ionlinecart.com/autoorder/autoOrderCancelQuerySave.do
    Now on Dec 4, 2008 I have a new charge on my card of $59.90 from WELWATCHMD. I never signed up for any of this, I just thought I was ordering teeth whitener! I know better, but these web sights are SCAMS. Now I have to waste time calling credit card company, getting in touch with the company that put the charge on my account, etc.

• Wa
      Dec 30, 2008

I also bought a bottle of ACAI pills for 4.95 shipping and now have a charge on my account as well how can we stop these people

• Fr
      Jan 06, 2009

This same thing happened to me on December 4 2008, somehow I was charged $59.90 for no reason. I dont know how to contact them to see about getting my money back. Does anyone have any info on this?

• Ol
      Jan 11, 2009

your story happend to me exactly the same way. thank you for your complaint. somebody has to close Celebrity Sexy Teeth web site. the web site is SCAM.

• Er
      Jan 20, 2009

Well i have the same complaint, wellwatch took money out of my account, something like 59.00 and i never heard of them and they need to go to jail for scaming people out of their money.

• Ea
      Jan 22, 2009

Just got the same charge on my card!!! Seriously this is ridiculous isn't there someone out there that can stop this stuff from happening?!

Jan 23, 2009
    WELLWATCHMD - Deducting money from my Aussie credit card
    WELL WatchMD
    Bundaberg
    Queensland
    Australia

I recieved a Aussie credit card statement mid December and this WellWatch MD had deducted $45.36 dated 21/10/08 from my card I rang Aussi straight away and told them that I did not even recoginise this company and to dispute the ammount. So Aussie sent me a dispute form and I filled it out and returned it to them, Only to ecieve another statement on the 23/1/09 with a second ammount deducted by this company. So I get on the phone again yesterday and ask what the hell is going on only to be told that they are waiting for this company to acknowledge this dispute( the 1st one ) and that I have to fill out another dispute form for the now 2nd ammount that has been deducted from my card. This is becomming a JOKE. I was told until such time as this dispute is resolved that there is nothing I can do but keep paying. I am absoutely discusted in the bank Card system where the can't even abide by your wishes for this garbage to stop.This company should be prosecuted and should deffinately not be allowed to TRADE at ALL!

Jan 23, 2009

At Least if people let other people know about these shonky companies we might stand a bit of a chance to get rid of them.

• Da
      Jan 30, 2009

Like so many others, I have also been hit with this unauthorised charge. Initial charges made mid Decemeber and reported immediately to my Credit Card agent. Further charges made in January, reported again CC agent.

A little investigation has helped though. WellWatchMD are a Princetown, New Jersey based outfit and can be contacted on [protected], although you will have to endure a long pre-recorded message on answer. Calling from UK, I was really happy about that - NOT.

It seems that WellWatch MD are in some way connected to Barton Publishing (a web-site I did visit) and pop-up during the time on Barton's web-site. I was advised by WellWatch that I had agreed to (or more specifically not opted out of) a 2 week trial on WellWatchMD, which unless cancelled becomes a regular monthly subscription charged at what ever rate for no product!

Given what has happened to me, I would urge anyone to contact WellWatch MD, to ensure that your "subscription" is cancelled, otherwise you are likley to encounter repeats month after month until it is finally cancelled.

The Credit Card connection must be through Barton Publishing - doubtless disguised as something else, nevertheless I have no recollection of opting into (or for that matter out of) any subscription and continue to dispute the charges through the CC Agent.

• Ed
      Feb 04, 2009
    WELLWATCHMD - billed
    well watch md
    Eastlake
    Ohio
    Phone: [protected]

I got charged $29.95 on 02/03/2009 from wellwatchmd I have no idea what this charge is for. Never used this service.

• Ro
      Feb 09, 2009

this is a wellwatchMD phone number in NJ
    call fast and cancel and then
    let's go after them !

[protected]

I have to go to my bank and block them and
    Bartons today, just how I wanted to spend my valuable time, the ### !
    Rob

• Pa
      Feb 20, 2009

I have been ripped off for $45+ each month for last 6 months.
    I rang [protected] on 21/02/2009 and cancelled .
    I've received an email confirming cancellation but will have to wait for next months statement to confirm cancellation.
    Paul Wright
    Sarina QLD

• Wh
      Feb 26, 2009

I noticed an unauthorized charge on my credit card from this company. I had no idea what is was for. Well, as it turns out, I had recently purchased something from Barton Publishing and they include a FREE 2 week trial from WellWatchMd. This charge appeared only 2 days after my purchase from Barton and was only $1.83, but it prompted me to go look at me emails.

So, if you have purchased anything from Barton check the email you have received and chances are that is where the charge is coming from. The customer service rep from WellWatchMd was very friendly and reversed the charge and canceled the subscription that I had never signed up for!

Hope this helps others.

• Ke
      Feb 26, 2009

I can't believe this! This is serious crime here. Like everyone else, the same has happened to me, over $100.00 in 2 months deducted from my credit card after simply buying a couple pages about a natural cure for gout. Obviously Barton Publishing are in bed with wellwatchMD, of course my bank are investigating for me, but meanwhile what do I do?? And will they reimburse me??
    Kellie

WELLWATCHMD
    North Sydney
    New South Wales
    Australia

CHARGES OF $aust46.76 ( $us29.90)appeared ON MY CREDIT CARD. I contacted the bank and they advised that the total amount of my commitment to WellwatchMD was approx $285. I dont know if that was US dollars or Australian dollars. I had not heard of WellwatchMD. To make it worse, it was a debit card that hade no credit left, the bank debited the last 2 months and also charged overdraft fees of total $75, so that was cost of $158 Australian for what????. The Bank today cancelled my card due to fraudulent use and said they would waive the $75 overdraft fee. That is still $83 for what????.

The WellwatchMD charges happened after I had requested of Barton Publishing a Health report which was expensive due to the exchange rate & considering had to download, took forvever to print and not bound. I havnt got around to reading the content. But I have to accept that charge of AUST $59.98. I did download that one.

The only way anyone could have got hold of my credit card number is from Barton. I have contacted Barton and am awaiting on a reponse.

Today I thought I would Google WellwatchMD and see who they were and absolutely amazed at the amount of people who had charges on their cards and for what??

I had always been so careful with Ebay and dealing with overseas persons in China and US and never once had a problem, I hadnt used this specific card so never looked at it when it came in as it is summarised on the reverse. Only did I look when I got a letter from the Bank re the overdraft fees..

• Ro
      Mar 04, 2009
    WELLWATCHMD - Improved Customer Support
    WellnessWatchersMD
    Princeton
    WellnessWatchersMD.com

Hello, I am with WellnessWatchersMD. We are honestly not trying to scam anyone. If you feel that you have been signed up and/or charged erroneously, or would like to cancel your subscription with us, please contact us via email at [protected]@wellnesswatchersmd.com or by telephone at [protected] and we will resolve your issue. I assure you that these are both working points of contact. Thank you!

Mar 05, 2009

i too was charged 1.83 after a purchase . nothing was ever said about this charge so when i called wellwatchermd i spoke with robert ext 382 he said they we credit it back but made it clear that it WAS ONLY 1.83 so it shouldnt be a big deal so i asked him to pay it of course he said no but i was insured it would be creditied. will not deal with them any more.

Mar 06, 2009

I have just realized this scam as well, i was only charged twice so maybe i got off lucky, but i just got off the phone with the company, (i sued the number above) i told them i had canceled the subscription through the email i was sent and was still charged and they are going to refund the money to my account. i will be checking to make sure. hope that helps.

• Sc
      Mar 13, 2009

In response to Improved Customer Service. SCAM! Is the word you know you are doing to people. Sure after calling you're legit number and complaining of never subcribing to this service, do you now send a refund form which has to be filled out then faxed, then processed and later mailed a refund check. For a charge that was never authorized in the first place!!! I ordered celebertity tooth whitener just like another customer here and never subscribed to this service. In fact had not even seen this companies name until it was wrongly debited a subscrition charge. I'm just glad it was not for more money like others here have been taken for. I attend to report you to the BBB and would advise anyone to not purchase anything online that pops up!!!

• Ve
      Mar 17, 2009
    WELLWATCHMD - unauthorized credit card charges
    South Dakota

I had a chrge of 1.83 on 3/3/09. Two weeks later I had another charge of 30.95. I have never knowing authoriozed this company to charge any of my accounts. I had purchased some teeth whitener and this was sneakingly included with that offer. It was made to be understood as a charge for the whitener and not something else entirely. I want my money back and will go to my back to cancel my card. it is crap that these people can do this!

• Ar
      Mar 23, 2009

We ordered a "free" product but were charged on our credit card, the usual $59. However, when we called Wellness WatchersMD they fixed the problem immediately. A credit appeared on our credit card account within 3 days as advertised. Be careful on this one though, it turns out to be a foreign charge from the US and you will have a foreign transaction fee.

• Ri
      Apr 20, 2009

I've had the same problem with Wellwatch. Ordered a teeth whitener from IONLINE order and was billed a monthly membership fee (? to what, I have no idea) by Welwatch. I was not satisfied with the tooth whitener, returned it, received a refund from IONLINE but continue to be billed a monthly membership by Wellwatch. Obviously, this is a customer rip off, but what is really upsetting is that other merchants (like IONLINE) are cooperating in the scam. I'm currently disputing the charge with my credit company. One more instance that makes a web customer not want to order ANYTHING over the internet!

• Gr
      Apr 21, 2009
    WELLWATCHMD - fraudulant credit card charge
    barton publishing
    [protected]@bigpond.com.au

Since purchasing a health remedy in September 2008, from barton publishing, I have had credit card payments of approximately $32.35 AUD taken each month without my authorisation.

Yours faithfully

Graham van Heemst

• Wh
      Apr 23, 2009

Pretty much the same story only mine was a lip plumper and you had to click a star to get the product for "free". First, it wasn't free, it was a rebate, second you had only 7 minutes to complete the order, which was a lengthy process. As soon as I clicked submit, I regretted my order. As the order was rolling up the screen I saw just a momentary flash that I was enrolled in WellWatchMD. I went on-line within 24 hours to cancel both my order and my membership. The order, Ionline said, was already shipped. Hmmm, how convenient. I left a note for my postal carrier that I was refusing any order from Ionline or Wellwatchmd.

After a month, I did receive a refund from Ionline, but I did get my credit card company (Chase) involved.

I called WellWatchMD [protected] and they cancelled my membership and are crediting my account (I should see that within 2 to 3 days) and got a confirmation number.

Yes, I believe the order practice is HIGHLY unethical, but with a little persistance they were cooperative in crediting my account. Probably due to a lot of complaints.

Bottom line - if you have any doubts about a web-site, don't order the product. I learned my lesson.

• Hm
      May 09, 2009
    WELLWATCHMD - unauthorized charges
    online
    New Jersey

I continue to be charged $19.95 per month for what I do not know. The description is WELLWATCHMD. I have tried calling the telephone # shown-- [protected] --but the recording says something about applying for a car loan. How can I get this charge removed and stopped?

• Ca
      May 15, 2009

the same thing happened to me i am a poa for my 72 year old mother which by the way has no teeth and celebrity sexy white got her debit card number some how and they have took 54.98 and 2.99 and29.95 out of her bank account has a debit.I in return went on line to cancell this account that she said she had and then went to the bank they told me she probly in the past ordered something from a company and that company sold her debit card number to a nother company so in turn it made my mothers bank account over drawn and i had to pay over draft charges and still i am waiting on the bank to see if they can get the company to pay back the money so all together we are out 104.00 dollars and never got anything !Just seems crazy that this can happen and these places get away with it.Dont give your debit or credit card out to any one because you may end up like my 72 year old mother .

• Ca
      May 20, 2009

I WAS CHARGED $ 49.95 US ON A PRODUCT I DID NOT PURCHASE...WHAT IS THE US AUTHORITIES MOST SPECIALLY THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY DOING...SLEEEPING...HAVE YOU NOT HEARD THIS SCAM BEING PERPETRATED BY THIS MICKEY MOUSE COMPANY WHICH HAS BEEN GOIN ON FOR A LONG TIME. I CALLED THE COMPANYS NUMBER BUT WAS ALREADY CLOSED. CAN SOMEONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY MALPRACTICE / SCAM...ITS NAME IS WELLWATCHMD

May 27, 2009

I've been trying to cancle this ivorybrite and cant get through to any one

May 29, 2009

I ordered Teeth Whitener and when it was delivered by postman he wanted £16 customs charge so i declined and it was sent back unopened. I have repeatedly emailed ionline for a refund but they do not reply. Wellness say they cant help and i dont have a phone number that i can phone from the UK!

• Ej
      May 29, 2009

I too have been scammed by this same. I don't have the contact information to get it to stop. If I call my credit card company will they be able to stop all of this?

• Mb
      Jun 11, 2009

I've been scammed by Barton Publishing and WellnessWatchers MD as well. I originally ordered a "booklet" from Barton and a month later noticed an unauthorized charge on my Visa of $9.95 from Barton Publishing and $29.95 from WellWatchersMD who I hadn't even dealt with. I immediately contacted Barton and they said they'd cancel my unauthorized subscription to whatever it was, which they did. However, nothing was done about the WellnessWatchersMD charge and it has now appeared on two more Visa bills. I've been away and missed seeing last months but just noticed the newest charge on my latest June invoice. I called the number mentioned above and they guy said that all he could do was refund two of the three fraudulent charges.

I encourage everyone who's been scammed by these frauds to contact their bank AND credit card to report this matter on both companies. It wouldn't hurt to print out these complaints and others that are also on the net to show to the bank so we can get their credit card privileges revoked.

I should have know this was an unscrupulous, criminal company by the way they wouldn't let me simply purchase the one item I did want, but instead kept a long series of confusing pop-ups appearing.

Jun 16, 2009

I also bought from Barton and that was a joke the so called book was one page of nothing! I called WelwatchMd and told them to take my name off of their list and not bill be again they gave me a confirmation number I just hope it is legit. I am also calling my credit card company to make sure they do not charge again. Both of these companies are total scams. Joyce

• Gr
      Jun 16, 2009

Stop your card now. I have just stopped mine for same reason.

• Ho
      Jun 23, 2009

I have not authorized a charge to my credit card to Wellwatchmd, do not know who, what when or where they received my information to make charges to my account. The charges were $29.99 and later I find a 2.99 credit. There's nothing safe to browse in the tech world. Thanks, another lesson learned for the day.

• Da
      Jul 02, 2009

Same thing with me. I contacted WELLWATCHMD by "live chat" and discussed this with someone. I got the charges stopped, but as to the theft of all those funds, the responses were "thank you" or "glad I could help you today, " etc.

I accused them of being criminals and suggested this guy find a better line of work.

Don't be afraid to call them criminals, because that is what they are. I contacted "Barton Publishing" as well and told them they were criminals as well as a few other things.

I don't expect to ever see any money come back from these fraudsters, and I am not afraid of any of them, since they are probably just punks operating out of their mother's basement.

David H.

Jan 17, 2010

him use this photo, him was in all the web with many web.becarful.now his email is robert.[protected]@yahoo.com, him trying to sell to me a book, lol stuped

Jan 17, 2010

him is the guy are you looking for his name is robert moore, i dont if is tru or no email is robert.[protected]@yahoo.com.cell phone is +44 [protected].becarful with him, him is so smart.no to smart because i have his number a email.

Jan 17, 2010

and if any body seee this guy let me know him took for me $4500 dolars for my account in bank of america.and they dont do nothing for me.name francis hook or francis bentley hook email [protected]@yahoo.com, him say him help some church in nigeria, or him is going to teling you a history like i am construction oil man, loos my papers and i need your help send me some money for western union.thanks.