Wells Fargo / secured cc deposit not returned

1 Key Largo, FL, United States Review updated:

I was approached about obtaining a secured credit card while banking at my local branch. No, i did not inquire about the card, i was only making a checking deposit. The card wasn't even to me yet when i decided not to obtain it. In the local branch, i was told that it was already being processed and that i should call to cancel as soon as i received it. I did so, never activating the card and at the very end of the conversation (Well past the process of closing the card) i asked about the funds for security being deposited back into my account. I was very upset when the girl on the line said that it would take 30-60 days to receive my "security" on a card i'd tried to cancel from the beginning. It has now been 60 days since the funds were taken from my account so i called again. Today, i find out that the first girl never closed the account????? Another 30-60 days??? There was absolutely .. Absolutely no doubt that we were well past the closing of the account when i became upset about the time involved in receiving my secured funds. (Do you agree? Yes. You can never get another secured card .. No problem.. Way past the point of agreeing to the closure of that credit card..Way) i honestly believe that the first "representative" maliciously failed to close the account. In fact, when i started the phone process today, the first person said there was no such account number (Card number). Yes, i was very upset since i tried from the beginning to decline this card, but listen to the recording and see if this account was not very obviously closed during that conversation. I should not have to wait another 30-60 days for my funds to be returned to me.

Fr
Jul 31, 2015

Comments

• Th
      31st of Jul, 2015

"I honestly believe that the first "representative" maliciously failed to close the account"

Why do you believe it was malicious?