Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo
Shorewood
Illinois
Phone: 000-000-0000
I did not chose Wells Fargo, I had a Washington Mutual loan that was sold. I lost my job and contacted Wells Fargo as soon as I knew I was going to have problems. I applied for HAMP on the day August 15th 2009 that it was supposed to have started. I have been told 100 different stories and excuses every time I call as to where we are at on this, what to fax, the same old story everyone else tells. They had me on a forebearance I didnt sign up for and even told me to send it back unsigned and request the HAMP again. I could go on and on. I finally contacted FHA because I have an FHA loan. Wells Fargo told me I qualify for NOTHING even though FHA thinks I do and acccording to the guidelines for HAMP I do. Also, why wasnt I offered a partial payment throught FHA? They can't answer that! They would rather take my house. I am technically 2 payments behind. So an FHA representative is in the process of contacting them. In the meantime today, after I made the 3 payments they insisted I must make, that isnt good enough. They will start foreclosure Jan 12 if I dont turn over 4000.00!!! Which doesnt even add up to the amount I am behind! Is ANYONE GOING TO STOP THESE BANKS THAT HAVE TAKEN BAILOUT MONEY AND NOW ARE STEALING PEOPLES HOMES??? I think I am going to call the States Attorney on Monday. Heres the kicker. Today after I received the letter, pay by Jan 12 of else, I called and told them I know I qualify for HAMP and that FHA will be calling them, they once again told me I qualify (I think because FHA is going to call) and to fax the documentation. WHO IS REGULATING THESE BANKS???? I am going to contact everyone I can think of and expose the fraud that is going on. The same story is told time and time again. What is it going to take to regulate and hold these banks accountable for their actions?
Complaint comments Comments (12) Complaint country United States Complaint category Mortgage Companies

Comments

N  18th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
CORRECTION! THAT WAS NON COMPLIANCE/HAMP.
N  1st of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
WOW I am going through the same exact thing with Wells Fargo. They Suck.
A  6th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
We also qualified for HAMP but since our loan isn't freddy or fanny, we were told "our 'private' investor isn't participating in the HAMP" program. Kicker - Wells Fargo is my "private investor". Why couldn't they just say "as the investor on our loan, we are not participating in the HAMP program - only for freddy or fanny mae"? Instead they are trying to save face and mislead their customers, while keeping up their PR.
And after being in this process for one year, late on two payments, going through a 3 month reduced payment forbearance - our loan balance no long qualifies us for HAMP. They just shot us out of the ballpark. We've paid them over 42k in '09 while waiting for a solution, they in turn destroyed our credit, and will probably take our home. Lovely!
N  12th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
OMG ... I AM GOING THROUGH THE SAME THING WITH WELLS FARGO, THEY ARE TERRIBLE . I STARTED THIS PROCESS LAST JUNE 7 MONTHS AGO, STILL NOTHING, STILL FIGHTING . I WAS TOLD I QUALIFY FOR HAMP AND WAS RECENTLY TOLD THERE SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM, WELL AS OF TODAY JANUARY 11 2010, I WAS TURNED DOWN . WHAT THE HELL . OH AND I EVEN MADE IT TO THE OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT OF WELLS FARGO . THAT HASNT EVEN HELPED ME . GET THIS I DONT QUALIFY BECAUSE I AM NOT BEHIND ON MY PAYMENTS (YET) .

I THINK WE SHOULD ALL MAKE A COMPLAINT TO EVERYONE WE CAN, NEWS, BBB, FEDERAL GOVERNMENT, HELL OBAMA HIMSELF . THEY ARE TAKING MONEY FOR THESE PROGRAMS AND NOT PUTTING IT WHERE IT BELONGS . THEY ARE STEALING THE MONEY .
A  24th of Jan, 2010 by    0 Votes
My husband and I are going through the same thing. He lost his job and we applied for the HAMP in April 2009 before we got into trouble. We went through the trial period, no problems, sent in all of the requested paperwork etc. On
Dec. 11, 2009, we received the final Step 2 of 2 Home Affordable Modification Program documents spelling out our terms, etc. signed and sent them back and Wells Fargo received them on Dec. 14, 2009. Sometime between Dec. 14 and Dec. 30, 2009 some ### negotiator reported that our home was vacant and the nightmare started. We have talked to at least 30 folks at Wells Fargo (I call everyday) telling us all kinds to stupid thing, nothing makes sense. But never admiting to their error. You know this isn't a hard job, it is pretty simple, you apply, determination is made that you qualify or not, if you do qualify all the paperwork is sent in, it is processed, new terms are put in place, move on. These folks make it sound like they are doing something so special and they aren't. And they think that we, as homeowners don't understand what we are doing. I hate being treated like an idot. They are just stressing out good hard working people who are trying to save their homes. It would seem to me that we should be able to get some kind of class action suit together and show those ### that they can't screw with honest folks.
D  11th of Feb, 2010 by    -2 Votes
Does anyone understand that Wells Fargo has millions of loans and that you're loan is not on the top priority regardless of what you may think. Wells Fargo was not prepared for the HAMP and HARP programs and are trying everything they can to get through the stupid homeowners that apply for these programs. First of all, I'm sorry to hear about your job, but you should have never bought a house that you couldn't afford then or 20 years from now. You should have enough money in the bank to afford any and all bills when/if you lose your job or get a cut in pay. You shouldn't blame someone else, especially Wells Fargo, for your problems that YOU obviously can't fix. You should be thankful that you were even qualified or looked at for help with your loan. Your loan is under an investor that has strict guidelines that you may not even be able to get out of. One suggestion, look over your original documents and educate your on your loan. Don't blog about how bad your company is, it adds fuel to the fire and makes you look desperate and sad.
A  16th of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
Luckily we have not lost our jobs but our mortgage was recently switched to Wells Fargo without us being notified. We make our payments every month by the end of the grace period and they still call us multiple times a day looking for the payment. I agree these banks need to be stopped they dug their own hole and they should not be bailed out. Funny we never had an issue with our mortgage before and we were told my Wells Fargo that NOTHING has changed with our mortgage it is still the same as it was with the previous bank. We are starting to look to refinance which we were really hoping not to since we would like to sell our home maybe within the next 2-3 years.
A  10th of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
Absolutely unreal, 8 months ago I enrolled, same thing about outside lender, still in review. I can go on and on. I pulled myself out of the program today, and my acount is showing 2 months behind, due to their "trail program" which i completed 5 months ago. They are totally screwing your credit if you get in this so called government backed program. They take your payment put it in a suspense fund and then actually apply the money when they see fit, and making money off of it! Also they so not report to your credit agencies. Good fn luck getting a different loan or trying to refinance, given wells fargos lack of reporting you will not qualify! Regardless of how many people have applied it is their responsibility as a loan servicer to provide their consumers with information on the situation. No one there can give a straight answer and it is extremely frustrating. I plan to speak to my state legislature, and whomever else will listen. If you are in the same situation I strongly suggest you do the same!!
N  19th of Sep, 2010 by    0 Votes
We had a nightmare with WF and I wish I had the money to hire an attorney to close them down. After all I have read surely there is enough legimate paperwork there could be a class action lawsuit to reimburse all the money everyone has been out plus all the pain and suffering it has done to people.
A  6th of Apr, 2016 by    0 Votes
They are still making errors in 2016! I have had to sign and submit the FINAL modification package to them 3 separate times as they "made errors" on the paperwork. Each time I asked if they were going to be taking payments from my authorized bank withdrawal on the specified date and was told NO, they would take the first payment when the modification was completed through their settlement department. Next letter I get, yes, you owe all those payments, over $4K and they don't add up to the amount they were supposed to be taking all along. As of April 2016 the modification was approved, and they still haven't taken a payment per the instructions on the modification. I can't wait to be able to refinance completely to get away from this horror show. My health has been affected by the super stress this caused.
A  31st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
This must be Wells Fargo's policy. Now in 2017 Nothing seems to have changed for the better.
A  7th of Aug, 2017 by    0 Votes
My quest for a mort. mod. has been dragging on for 5 yrs., now. The problem began when my mother insisted on keeping her house in her name, even though she lived with me, so when she was diagnosed with Alzheimer's, she was not entitled to Medicaid. We had to pay for her care, out-of-pocket. Then, my husband lost his job. I asked for a mod., b/c we couldn't afford to pay a care facility for my mother, plus our mort. WF turned me down based on my hardship letter- they said I had too MUCH of a hardship. I retained a lawyer, and he hired a retired mortgage banker to prepare a mod. application, after my situation improved. I never heard from WF, and when questioned, they said that they "misplaced" the application.
When my attn'y told them that they violated Federal law by not giving me an answer, I got the VIP treatment. They assigned me a Home Retention Specialist, who applied for a HAMP loan in my behalf. I was turned down. I expected to then be considered for an in-house modification.
But, without even letting my attn'y know, WF's attn'y went to court and got a date for foreclosure. If we hadn't noticed it in the newspaper, we wouldn't have known. I paid the retired mort. banker to prepare another application, according to Federal guidelines, 37 days before the foreclosure. WF sent a letter saying that they would not read my application and were going forward with the foreclosure. Why do they insist on foreclosing, when I've been a position to pay for the house? Between my husband and I, our yearly income is now $100, 000.00 yr., but they refuse to consider anything but foreclosure.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree