Wells Fargo Home Mortgage / mentally challenged mortgage dept.

1 PO box10335Des Moines, IA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866 234 8271

This is the most incompetent, careless and dishonest company that I have ever dealt with! I got divorced in 2004, and my home was given to me. However, Wells Fargo not only turned me down for an assumption under my own name, they issue me refund checks that both myself and my ex-wife have to sign. They completely disregard court orders. I sent my divorce decree NINE times, and NINE times they lost it. I had to hire an attorney to force them to re-issue my escrow refund in accordance with a four year old court order! What's worse, is that Hurricane Ike struck and damaged my home while all of this was going on Sept 12, 2008. My insurance company made a settlement check to me and Wells Fargo. After speaking with several people, all of whom make up rules as they go along and have different answers for the same questions, I am back to square one. I had to re-hire my attorney because the exception department at Wells Fargo Home Mortgage says that they have lost various pages of my disaster package. I have wasted almost two months dealing with these idiots, and I am in danger of being sued by my contractor because they are never going to give me my money. I am forced to live in a home with ceilings and walls that are on the verge of collapse, windows covered by boards, mold growing in the attic insulation-the list goes on and on. I cannot believe that Wells Fargo shows such little regard for people who give them business. Every day I try to reason with these people and am told different stories, lies, and no one seems to know what is going on. For an industry that is in trouble, Wells Fargo has to be THE WORST representation of humanity next to Osama Bin Laden! Why is our government bailing out ### like Wells Fargo? We should have let them collapse so those people would have to work minimum wage jobs and live check to check like a lot of us. I guess I got victimized by Hurricane Ike once, and now Wells Fargo Home Mortgage is making the suffering even worse for me and others around the Houston/Galveston area. I am speaking with a reporter from the local Fox affiliate station, and have posted a large sign on my property letting the rest of this devastated neighborhood know that Wells Fargo Stole My Insurance Check. I look forward to suing them for the incessant misery that they have perpetrated on my family.

Comments

• Ro
      16th of Apr, 2009

You go man. I have been in a modifcation since Feb 2009. Everytime I call to get an up date I am told the same thing. No news yet. Your loan hasn't been assigned to anyone yet. How long does it take to give a loan to an assigned person? I keep telling them that it has been months and you keep saying that my loan information is still laying on someones desk and no one cares one way or the other if it is ever assigned to anyone. Basically that is the answer I get. I wonder if any of them is in the same boat as we are? I hope their paperwork is still laying around waiting on someone to pick it up and look at it.

• Up
      26th of May, 2009

Oh, don't worry... I have been in this loan modification process since Sept. 2008!!! I kid you not!! I have been transferred to more negotiators than I can count and nobody cares. Nobody. I am transferred and everyone has a different answer or a "just wait". I am told the same thing time and time again. Then I get one person who seems to know what they are talking about and I can never talk to them again. I feel hosed, taken advantage of and just get angrier every day. It is now almost June and I still have no resolution!!

• Lo
      30th of Nov, 2009

They are many companies that are legitimate and can help homeowners stop foreclosure and keep their homes.

Mortgage Assistance Group is one of those companies that holds an "A" rating with the BBB and has help over 500 homeowners keep their homes.

They give a discount to the homeowners who have been scammed and treat each client with respect and dignity.

You can reach them at 623-486-4505 and at www.mag-az.com.

Thanks and good luck,

Randy D.

P.S. If you know someowner they can help, They will pay a $100 referral!

29th of Mar, 2010

Wells Fargo was not interested in helping me gain a modification. They lost paper work, they miscommunicated, sent me to fax numbers that were not correct and when I called (several times a week) to make sure they got it, I would have to resubmit and go through the same innane process. I sent a full information packet which was certified and notarized. Wells Fargo says three months later that they did not get some piece of information but couldn't tell me what it was. At one point one representative told me to take 10, 000 dollars down to the bank immedately to pay on my mortgage. I called back to get paper work that would protect me and the new representative said "'Oh no, we don't want you to pay yet, wait for the modification to be complete." Wells Fargo's final letter stated they rejected my request for a loan due to missing information-none was stated. I called the Wells Fargo President's five star customer service center in San Francisco and Mr. Jake Frahm stated, "My manages do not like to see social security disability as income." even with sufficient income to cover the loan. The Fair Housing ruled in favor with Wells Fargo-why because they had no record of any of my information. A Class Action Suit is in order against Wells Fargo. They have learned to play the game by a bumbling communication network that they are not held responsible for.

• Ks
      9th of Feb, 2011

Going through it now with them. I just got the assumption paperwork today. They said to fill it out and send a check of $14 or $15, and it takes 30 days to get an answer for my request. They did give me the run around for 3 days. I just got laid off and won't afford to make the next month payment, so hope they hurry it up. If not, may have to foreclose on the house. You would think...they would want to save there investment. I'm trying to get help before its to late. And they act like they can't help you...uhhhh

• 3k
      18th of Mar, 2011

God help me. I just initiated the process of assuming a home loan with WF. The home was first purchased in 2001. I got divorced 3 years ago and was awarded the property. However, within 3 yrs I agreed that I was to finance the home in my own name and release my ex of all liability. That time has come and I am at their mercy. I am not on the loan at all, but I have been paying, on time, through automatic debits for 4 years now. My score is merely in the 600 range. Of course, as far as the credit bureaus are concerned, I don't get any credit for paying a monthly $1200 mortgage for the last 48 ms. If I don't qualify, my ex will post foreclosure and my 3 kids and I will be out on the street. If anyone believes in prayer, lift us up. You all are in my thoughts as well.

• Ta
      17th of Oct, 2011

We were kick out of our home in March 2011, while we were sending payments to Wells Fargo. They sold our mortgage to freddie mac in 2009, but still recieved payments from us...Now we are stayin with relatives next door. Right now the property cant be sold because it has no septic tank because my inlaws gave us permission to use the one on thier property and also the property line has a building/shop on it...So we are waiting to hear about our property...I feel we should get it free and clear because no one else can buy it and they cant sell it. We have been under a lot of stress and i have become physically ill from all this...And my son has also felt embarrassed from this. If anyone has a similair story, let me know...It is a shame that all this happened, but they gave us the run around and sold our property and still accepted our payments...I just want my home back. I dont want to be greedy, but the fact remains that the property should of never been financed with no septic and property line on a structure...We lived in this home for 11 years and i feel that it would be best to just give us our home for the pain and suffering we had to endure the last 7 months...