Wells Fargo Financial / unsolicited phone calls

For the past few days, my workplace has been receiving phone calls that hang up when you answer--about 5-10 a day. I finally got so fed up with it that I star-sixty-nined the number--[protected]. 'Andy' answered at Wells Fargo Financial. I told him we'd been getting these hang up phone calls from this number; he asked the number and my name. When I told him who I was, he said, 'We're not looking for you.' and hung up on me!!

I called back and spoke to Andy again. I said 'You just hung up on me.' He said, 'No, we're not looking for you.' I said 'That's fine, but I need to speak to your supervisor.' This guy literally laughed at me and said 'Absolutely not.'

I was stunned, and he started to try to hang up again and I literally yelled into the phone 'No no no! This is a business, and I don't know WHO you're looking for, but this is a business phone number and you are harassing us. If you continue to do this, I will call the police. GOOD BYE!' Then I hung up on HIM.

It is incredible to me that a business with as big a name as Wells Fargo doesn't care about the kind of reputation jerks like Andy give them. I certainly won't EVER do business with this company. And I'm not even who they were looking for!

Di

Comments

• Vi
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I have a complaint, this company is calling me at least 10 times per day.This makes no sense, I answer the firrst call explain when I will make the payment. I was told the call will continue until the payment is made. This is harrassment, not customer service. I can't believe a corporation this large would allow their customer service representive to conduct themself in this matter. Wells Fargo Financial is a horrible company, their cash on demand card is a joke. This just another way to keep you in debt with ridiculous interest rates. I will be e-mailing our Attorney General in Missouri, this can not continue.

• Me
      15th of Jul, 2009

Wells Fargo Financial is a company that is third-ier at best. DO NOT do business with these people. DO NOT, I repeat...do business with these people. Disrespect, harrassment...all from Mumbai.

• Ju
      29th of Sep, 2009

I agree. I cannot believe that a global bank would allow their customer service people to behave in such a manner: intimidation, threats, rudeness, disrespect (even to our 8 year old who happened to answer the phone), condesention, the list goes on. BTW: if it makes you feel any better these people have the IQ of a carrot. Toady when they called (from Oregon), my husband answered the phone and when they asked for him, he told them, "well, he's not here right now, said he was heading to Oregon". They were so stupid they didn't even get it. WF should overhaul their whol employee system and train these people in etiquette. I think seriously they were raised by wolves in a cave somewhere in Afganistan (btw: Afganistan doesn't even HAVE wolves so what does that tell you???).

3rd of Feb, 2010

sounds like just your typical collection person looking for someone skipping out on payments.