Wells Fargo Dealer Services / title release

United States Review updated:

I had paid off my car and was told it would have the title be mailed to me in 10 business days...to my surprise...no title...so i've called, and called, and called all told it was released days after i'd paid off my car...now at 33 days after being paid off all they can send me is a notorized lien release piece of paper coming from california in regular mail-just like my title. do you think it'll come..i don't ...i have to wait between 48-72 hours before the notorized paper will be released, then another 10 buisness days for it to arrive in the mail..i wont hold my breath. this is my first car that i've owned and i will never ever get a loan from them ever again. nor will i promote it with my family...horrible, terrible, rude doens't even come close to the describing how i've been treated by their representatives...and if that's their reps...then i'm so sorry. i hope they fail miserably...

J3

Comments

• Lo
      30th of Apr, 2012

I am having the same problem right now. I paid my vehicle off 2 months ago. Did you get the payoff letter from them?

• J3
      30th of Apr, 2012

I finally did but 12 days after I called repeatedly. There are definately not going to be my choice of loan options ever again. i'd rather go without a car than go thru them again. it comes regular mail so be on the lookout. it will not have any special labeling or anything. in fact when i opened...it didnt even look legit. oh the woo's of Wells Fargo! Never again I tell myself.

• Lo
      2nd of May, 2012

Finally got the title today. They had my address wrong all along!

• Dc
      26th of Nov, 2012

Paid my car off two years ago. Was told they had mailed the title when I called about not receiving it. Thought maybe it had come in and I misplaced it but then we had the same thing happen with the title to a boat that we sold to someone. No title again. It took over 90 days for them to get us the boat title for the new owner's finance company. And we never got the one for the car. So I call recently and am told they can send me a release of lien and that it will take 10 business days. What a crock! No choice at all to expedite it!

• Un
      29th of Jan, 2013

They electronically sent my title to another state. They had no explanation why, despite confirming my current address repeatedly on several occasions and specifying it to the title release department, it went to an address I hadn't resided in for two years. Seeing all the complaints about their practices, I made a point of confirming the correct address every step of the way. Yet, as if to screw me one final time, they managed to get it wrong. They are trying to resolve the problem, but these incompetent bureaucrat-wannabes can't seem to get it right. That's right, they are not even smart enough to be real bureaucrats. I never got the pay off letter that they claimed to have sent twice (after confirming my address each time). It must have also gone to the wrong address, too.

• Mi
      31st of Aug, 2015

They are scammers and screwing people left and right, the ones that want to pay off their car early they dont want you to. They have every excuse in the book.