Wells Fargo Bank / got fired

1 CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 209-625-8306

i was fired few days ago, wells fargo claimend that i failed to follow procedure when i reversed a fee to wells fargo employee, i was promoted to assistant branch manager and i was told that it was part of my job taking care of customer and treat employees as customers too. i was never sent to managemen traininig, never got the tools to do my job; i was interview by a human resource consultant and she recomended no termination do to she noticed i was not trained correctly and it was not my intention to violate any company policy. after the HR consutant went back to her office, the HR manager decided that i should get terminated anyway.
Few days later my manager called me in to the conference room and with tears in eye gave the news that i was terminated and he said that it was not fair, that theres other people that have done the same or worst but they only got a warning and they still working for wells fargo bank.
I dont understant, not having no management training at all, never had a complaint in my files, never got a warning before and why i was let go!!! and didnt have the chance like others did.. two of wells fargo branch managers have gave me the advice to hire an attorney and file a complain with the estate labor. i'm not sure what's the best thing to do first.

Comments

• Sb
      10th of Apr, 2009

I too work at Wells and find that there is a significant lack of training. Our department has little training and I continue to be told that there are things I should know even though it was discussed one time and not put into practice for months or a year plus.
    Regardless, on your situation. The company has a policy towards terminations which includes warnings etc. Your employee handbook outlines what the actions are and, in this case the company did not follow their policies and ignored their own practices. The promises in the employee handbook have been considered contracts in some courts as they are promises of what will be delivered and how issues are dealt with by the bank while you work their. Essentially, what they did can and has been construed by some courts as a breach of contract.

• Pa
      25th of Feb, 2010
    Wells Fargo Bank - Phone calls
    Wells Fargo
    California

Why does Wells Fargo have to call every 15-30 minutes every day even late in the evening. They are just asking questions for more business, and telemarketing. Is there a way to stop this.

• Wr
      15th of Apr, 2010

Man... I am in the exact same boat. I was fired less than a year ago for an online transfer I did for a customer to another customer. I talked to my HR person and it seemed like the decision was already made before I had a chance to explain myself. They said they would do an investigation and a day later, I was terminated (with a few others - I might add). I am seriously looking for lawyers right now because I didn't realize how much it would impact my career until I started looking for jobs. I just felt disrespected! Over 5 yrs of service, no warnings, virtually perfect customer service, always achieve sales goals, promoted multiple times, clean record, and then... BAM!@!@!@! I swear, middle mgmt tells you to do one thing, and when it comes and bites you in the ###, nobody is there to back you up.

• Au
      6th of May, 2010

I also feel for all of you guys. Wells Fargo loves to fire people. There are people working there that are gamers and dishonest. it seems like they love to let go of the honest people. But when those honest people mess up just once its "see you later". I got let go for accidentally opening an account under my bankers sign on. I told them it was accident however they still said it was against policy. after 4 years one mess up and ur gone wow!!!.

• Te
      23rd of Oct, 2010

I agree. I was terminated yesterday. I was meeting my sales goals and i receiving awards and incentive pay, was promoted 3 times. I was making outbound calls to sell debit cards and was getting very good at it. My manager always gave me praise for stepping up for the bank when we were short solutions. Then on 9/15/2010 i was told be a outsider to stop making outbound calls because there was an investigation going on about me giving people debit cards without there consent. Dint think to much of it because it was a lie. I was more shocked that he would not tell me why he left wells but will tell me this. I tried not to think about it. Then yesterday 10/21/2010.i was in the board room with my manager and her manager and an investigator over the phone telling me i ordered debit cards for customers without there consent. I was shocked because i have never done that i have always followed the rules and to lose my job over a debit card stupid. I will not be receiving my incentive WHICH WAS GOING TO BE 1600.00 THE BIGGEST ONE i had ever achieved. This is a bunch of bs. I worked there for 3 yrs I feel like i was put under the bus. something big is going on and they throw me under. i could believe it my desk was right next to my managers and i told her my every sale and we were like best friends. until yesterday i was falsely accused for ordering 5 debit cards to 5 different people in the same region might i add. This is what they told me and they would not give me any proof there was no claim #s. I asked to call these people myself. Nope they had made up there mind. And I agree with you they keep the people that will do anything to meet there sales goals no matter if it falls into gaming issues. The manager is the one who sees it and lets it happen.

• 1a
      5th of Nov, 2010
    Wells Fargo Bank - Outrageous Overdraft Fees
    Wells Fargo Bank
    Post Office Box 3488
    Portland
    Oregon

I wrote a check and my account was short by $3.05 (some ATM charge I forgot about). Wells Fargo Bank bounced by check AND charged me $35.00 NSF fee. Talk about GREEDY and will not reverse the $35.00 charge.

• Ka
      5th of Nov, 2010

I have only been with Wells Fargo for a year and I have had some weird things to happen with my account and overdraft fees. Its seems as though I get charged overdraft fees at least once a month. Then it gets reversed due to an error on the bank how do you explain that. I am in search of a better bank now.

• Gr
      21st of Nov, 2010
    Wells Fargo Bank - Bill Pay not Posted
    California

Bill Pay customers at Wells Fargo Bank receiving false balances. Say you have a payment(s) being processed today, it will show Paid in the bill pay field but not posted to your account nor shows in pending = false balance. You spend a little more, 2-5 days later it's posted, skips pending, possibly drawing you negative. Cha Ching... WFB is dancing. Customers need to RUN from this establishment.

• Up
      10th of Mar, 2011
    Wells Fargo Bank - Froze My accounts
    Wells Fargo
    New Jersey

Wells Fargo bank is the worst bank there is. I honestly do not know why people is still bank ing with them. I filed chapter 7 bankruptcy and they froze my accounts taking everything. The trustee had nothing to do with it. They didn't even ask if the money was exempt. Now they won't release my money til the trustee tells them too but the trustee didn't tell you to freeze my money. WORST BANK EVER!

1st of Apr, 2011
    Wells Fargo Bank - Employee improper immodesty
    Wells Fargo bank
    Wyoming

We were in the bank today and the woman employee with whom we met had on a push up bra with cleavage exposed. Proper modest attire needs to be enforced. Thanks.

• Hi
      1st of Apr, 2011

Now, where is this bank? lol...

• De
      2nd of Apr, 2011

are you kidding me? THIS is a complaint?

• Sc
      12th of Apr, 2011

WHAT WAS THE COLOR OF THE DAY??????

Wells Fargo Bank - drained my checking account of $2000.00
    California

I was a customer of Wells Fargo for 22 years. with the recession came a difficult time in paying off credit cards...they drained my business account of every penney without a warning. If you are looking for a bank and are a small business, DO NOT choose Wells Fargo. We have had MANY problems over the years with overcharging, etc. but have been too lazy to change banks...what a mistake!!

Wells Fargo Bank - immoral
    California

Just trust me...NEVER USE WELLS FARGO BANK...they will screw you whether you are a new or an old customer like me!!

• Co
      11th of May, 2011

Wells Fargo is the anti-Christ.

• Mw

td bank all the way

• Co
      11th of May, 2011

Really. You must work for W(t)F.

• Op
      11th of May, 2011

I don't want to screw old customers.

• Ca
      8th of Jun, 2011

Worked for WF for 14yrs. They recently started doing fingerprint check in regards to some stupid SAFE registeration required by Fed Gov. They fired me and refused to pay unemployeement. Not sure how to handle this issue