Wells Fargo / Auto Finance / auto finance

1 Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:

My mother bought a van and my girlfriend acted as cosigner. But immediately, Wells Fargo switched the buyer and cosigner. So now, my girlfriend has a $30,000 van on her credit and is unable to even get a new credit card. We faxed the original contract to Wells Fargo 3times (once from within the bank) and they claim that they can't change the buyer/cosigner status because the underwriters are the one's who changed it. This is interesting especially considering that WELLS FARGO UNDERWROTE THE CONTRACT. This is like someone saying that because they wrote a word in pencil with their right hand that they can't erase it with their left hand. Ridiculous!! That's just the beginning. Then they took a payment out late, so they could charge her late charges, and keep saying that she's late because she didn't pay the late charges. NOT TRUE. I was there and listened to several conversation where the representative told her that if she paid said amount that it would take care of the late charges. But later another rep said that it didn't.

The problems my family has had with this company could fill an encyclopedia. But I won't do that here. Most lately, my mother gave them the account number to the wrong account (her checking, not the savings she normally used for them) and not only did they not recind the payment after she call them and told them not to take the money, but they debited that account 4 more times. Now, my mother is over $700 down with the bank and the bills that were to be paid with that money are behind.

This money hungry- leach of a bank has left my mother out in the cold without a blanket. They have also hurt my girlfriend's credit and we may never be able to buy a house when we are ready. How can companies like this do all this to so many people without repercussions? Where's our due process? We should all get together and sue the pants and underwear off these people. I'll post another comment later with an email address that people serious about sueing Wells Fargo can write to. Think CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT. It's the only way we can help ourselves.

Ta

Comments

• Te
      14th of Jan, 2008
    Wells Fargo / Auto Finance - Scam and cheating!
    Wells Fargo
    Omaha
    Nebraska

Here is an e-mail address that you can write to if you would like to get involved in starting a class action lawsuit against Wells Fargo Auto Finance. Feel free to express ideas and share resources (law information, good lawyers, etc). Wells Fargo has been sued numerous times and often settle out of court. Let's make them pay for what they've done to us. Let's work together to do more than just complain!!

14th of Jan, 2008

In case the send e-mail link doesn't work, the e-mail address I am talking about is: suewellsfargonow@cox.net.

I agree.

• Je
      17th of Jan, 2008

I have an auto loan through Wells Fargo, and when I went to purchase my SUV (2000 Ford Explorer) I was told by Wells Fargo that they would not approve my loan unless I agreed to purchasing a warranty from the dealership for $1,000.00 added to the price of my used SUV.

I am constantly receiving harassing phone calls at home one time the called every hour on the hour from 8am to 9pm, 7 days a week. I was also told that they do not have a "grace period" for the auto payment it is due when it is due and I should stop being a deadbeat and make my payments on time.

This has to stop!

• St
      25th of Jan, 2008

I have had the same problem with Wells Fargo Auto Finance up here in Canada. When my son purchased his truck , we were led to believe that he was the purchaser and I was the co-signor. That all changed when due to some bad luck in the way of employment he happened to miss a payment. The next thing that we knew was (according to WFargo), I held the loan and he was the co-signor. After that they have never left me alone with all of the harrassing phone calls and threats. Some type of class action should be brought against them as they are causing a lot of stress in peoples lives.

• We
      2nd of Apr, 2008

This happened to us and my father inlaw. We also use to pay online and in November they shut off our account online. We called Customer service and they said their was an issue with my husbands social. So then we had to mail payments and they always were late. Wells fargo sat on them so they could do that because I would mail at least 10 days early. We also have a grace period to that never gets honored. We can pass laws in Congress easier than trying to get all the matters cleared up through Customer Service at wells fargo. They are rude and they never let you talk to a manager. Yet they can call15-20 times in one day harassing you. I am all in for a class action lawsuit. They are just a bunch of scammers. I am trying to get my complaints out on all of these "I hate Wells Fargo sites".

15th of Apr, 2008

We are having several prombles with wellsfargo we bought two cars one day we co-signed for our daughter and they switched names around it went in our name first. Are second car they wont accept the car insurance sent to them for months and just keep billing money and demanding it when we dont owe it and so so rude. We need help soon.

• Ed
      26th of May, 2008

I am a retired person that has been raked over the coals by Wells Fargo. My idea is to contact your local TV station, your congressman and keep posting on the internet. Wells Fargo is the reason banks need oversight. They are the worst predators. If you are wealthy and do business with them they are great. Otherwise they rip you off beyond belief. They refuse to work with you no matter what you offer unless it is under their terms.
    I am in contact with the banking oversite commission,
    my congressman, Governer in the state of New Jersey and members of the Three Presidential campaign. If everyone that has this problem do this and has proof, we will be heard. Wells Fargo is the worst lo life banking institution.

• Ti
      16th of Oct, 2008

let get serious and start a class action lawsuit against Wells Fargo Auto finance.. If you go to google and type in Wells Fargo law suits man alot of people have and are sueing them as we speak. I even found a website where they are they to start a class action lawsuit with there Balboa insurance company charging people when they have insurance already and about all these people have provided proof of coverage to Wells Fargo and they always say they havent receive it because they want to rip off the consumers

• Ni
      4th of Nov, 2008

Lets please start a class action lawsuit against them. I'm tired of them calling me and harrassing me about payments that I haven't missed. I had one smart assed female call me today to tell me I had missed two payments in a row and when I told her that I hadn't missed any. She ran her mouth saying that this wasn't Wells Fargo debt and it wasn't her problem. A month ago, I had another smart ### call me saying I had missed a payment and when I gave him the check number and date the check was written, he called me a liar. So I had some few choice words with this person and was hung up on. Last winter when I was laid off, I was paying my car payments directly to the local branch and getting receipt. When I started doing that, the calls started stating that I had missed a payment for the month before. I went through my receipts and found that months payment. I would then take it to the branch and they would fax that receipt it. This went on for about a week and each day was a different month they claimed that I had missed and I produced a receipt each time. I then opened up a bank account for them to withdraw my payments from that account with that sole purpose in mind. They would take the payments out on the due date and less than 3 days later, a call would come stating that I had missed a payment. That went on for about 5 months and after that, I put a stop to that method of payment and they still took payments out of that account when it had been emptied and closed by myself. I had to repay them almost $800 in payments and overdraft fees on a closed account. So I'm pretty sick and tired of their bullcrap and willing to participate.

• Fo
      23rd of Dec, 2008

I am sorry to hear of this. Unfortunately, it is common in relation to Wells Fargo Auto Finance. I am a former WFAF Area Sales Manager and have seen this before. This company is crooked. I'm sueing them myself for various EEOC violations, including disability accomodations.

They are embroiled in numerous lawsuits, so I recommend you obtain an attorney and go after them ASAP! Most likely, they will settle out of court to avoid media problems. Go to your local media outlet and see if they have a consumer complaint segment for TV.

• Gr
      3rd of Feb, 2009

Does anyone know of a government agency I can file a formal complaint to about Wells Fargo?

• Ni
      12th of Mar, 2009

I have been working for this company in 2006, got hired in June has a WFAF area sales manager and got kicked out just 6 months later, I was working hard in my assigned territory, wich had been left over before, to increase business and I signed up all the dealer's possible in the territory. I was never able to get any commissions has the goals to reach where just impossible and unreasonable to meet. I did however raise significantly the figures the last month before getting kicked out. The reasons why I got kicked out I never understood. The only thing in my mind his the DRM just did'nt like my personality. I did'nt like him either, has he made me so unconfortable when we would visit customers together has he would be rude and unrespectfull with people we would meet. This guy's name was J-M Desrochers, I hope he gets kicked out has well, for unfair reasons has he did to me. I loved my job and did not deserve what he did to me . But I think he does.

• Mi
      11th of May, 2009

If they are not treating you fairly in collecting a debt. You can complain here: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

They will not go after specific complaints. However if they see a trend in complaints from various people they will go after them and put a stop to it.

As for me, I have asked them continuously to stop call me at work to collect, they have my cell and home phone numbers. They refuse telling me that they will call whatever number they want. THIS IS AGAINST FEDERAL LAW and they don't care. They flaunt the law whenever they can. Here is the law: http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre18.shtm

All this and we as citizens are paying their bills..

• Ne
      10th of Jun, 2009

I 100% agree I have had NOTHING but problems with this company. I am in Canada first of all. I recently received a pay out letter from them stating that if I paid x amount of dollars by a certain date that they would discharge the lein against my car and once they have confirmation that the lein is discharged that they will mail me a package with the signed ownership, bill of sale, a copy of the lease agreement and a paid in full letter. I paid the amount in full prior to the date even though I didnt' agree with the figure in the first place since it was much diffent only months ago. I paid it to simply get rid of these scammers. Now they want more money from me and that figure is changing by the day. They appear to not be regulated here in Canada but there are actions that you can take. Talk to your member of parliament, and consumer reporters for tv stations in your area there is definately a pattern here where the public needs to know. You can also talk to the corporate registry to discharge your lein based on written documentation received. ALWAYS DEMAND EVERYTHING IN WRITING FROM THEM

• Wh
      28th of Sep, 2009

I too have a problem with them, last year I refinanced my car with them. The sales man in bollingbrook illinois called me everyday and brought my paper work to my house for signature. The only reason I refinanced with them was because he said he could get my property refinanced via wells fargo. Well that did not happen and he dropped off the face of the earth. I also have a wells fargo cash on demand acoount and a wells visa late last year I was given a credit increase and then taking it back claiming it was a mistake, did not bother me but that was bull...! Now they have charged me a $30.00 annual membership fee and the dam account is closed, due to late charges being charged every month and when I call they call themselves telling when to send my payments via bill pay through my bank, like I dont know that sh..! They are charging bogus fees, because the wells fargo csr justed phoned me and i told her about the $30.00 fee and she had never heard of the sh... either. My credit score has decreased and i am pissed, it took me seven years to pay off my debt and save for my property. I just cant believe this is happening to me

• Wa
      12th of Nov, 2009

Bought Auto, paid faithfully, lost job, made arrangements, Wells Fargo broke those arrangements 3 times, , refused to make any other arrangments, now is trying to repo my vehicle, telling me they will report it stolen.

29th of Nov, 2009

Hello! I am a resident of Washington state and I have been having serious issues with Wells Fargo since day one. First I had a bank account with them and opened a secured credit card account with my own money now they say that I owe that money because it was not my money that I used. They had continuously harassed me until I finally got fed up and withdrawn any money I had in my account and transferred to a different bank. Years, later I went to a dealer to purchase a car. Closed the deal with the dealer and for a year of making on time payments until the point where the next year came around. Boy, it was a terrible mistake in doing that because all of a sudden I had notice from my employer that they were in the process of laying off some of the employees. Of course, I was caught in the middle of the layoff list. Lost my employment and began collecting unemployment benefits. Regardless of the being unemployed I had notified Wells Fargo Auto Finance of my employment situation they tried to offer me ways of reducing my auto payments.
    Unfortunately, they gave me every excuse on why they could not approve me for refinancing the loan on the vehicle. So months have gone by and I continued making my payments as scheduled. Now, 9-10 times in a day I have been getting constant phone calls from their finance department inquiring about my payments. When you are 2 days late on the payment they hound you like a dead beat. When by law you have a 10 day grace period. The late fees are absolutely ridiculous and outrageously high to the point they keep tacking on. I have had enough of their harassing phone calls. I had spoken to one rep and explained what happened and that I have schedule a day when a payment was going to be made. He agreed to the arrangement but did not bother to document it on my account like they were supposed to. Therefore, I received another phone call from the same department 10 minutes later and that rep stated that you may spoken to that other rep but there is no notes on your account regarding the agreement. I have also experienced problems with the vehicle since day one that I got it off the dealer. Of course, I notified the dealer and Wells Fargo Auto about the problems but they did not care at all. They expected me to fix it even though; I would not be able to make my car payment because of the repair cost. I am still unemployed and it has been now 11 months out of a job. I have been trying to make every payment as much as I can.
    I have been struggling to pay my other bills, but no matter what they still call and hound you like a dead beat. One time this lady from Wells Fargo Auto Finance who is so STUPID and called my house at 5:30AM in the morning when apparently she did not realize the time difference but left a message on my answering machine with her name and number. How stupid is that? I called Wells Fargo and told them that some stupid lady had the nerve to call me at 5:30AM. That is strictly against the law.
    I even told them numerous of times that if they continued to call me 10 times on day I will file harassment charges and a serious lawsuit against them if they did not stop. Eventually, they still did not listen and this lawsuit for harassment will happen along with other class action lawsuit will be against them for causing me a lot of stress related health conditions that they have caused over the past few months.
    All of you out there whom are having problems with Wells Fargo Auto Finance should contact your state Federal Trade Commission's office and Attorney General's office from there they will be able to tell you what you should do next. I agree, with enough people involved with their complaints against Wells Fargo Auto Finance should be enough to put them out of business and as for everyone’s accounts with them should be considered paid in full. Wells Fargo will be the one wanting to settle. I will contact the media about what they are doing as well. I will tell you when I get done with them they will think twice about messing with the wrong people. You should know your rights against these types of Collections law.
    You can look them up and you would really be amazed in what you may find.

• Vm
      7th of Oct, 2010

I agree 100% percent on everyone's complaint, They are so crooked that I do not know how they even got my loan for my car but what I do know is that for everytime I tried to get some answers the either gave me the run-around or spoke to me like I had a tail between my legs, I finally had someone to send me a copy of all of my payments, and the year that the tried to tell me that they had provided me with 2 deferrement payments, not only had I made payments but I was making 2 sonetime 3 payments at a time, then I realize that they were not oly applying my money to what they wanted to apply it to but they took most of my money and placed it against my percentage yet once again I never fianced my car with them they are definitely crooked and scandalous

31st of Oct, 2010

FOUND ONE CLASS ACTION AT THE LINK BELOW FOLLOWED BY THE CONTENT OF THE ARTICLE:

Wells Fargo collateral protection insurance - Lawsuit FiledA class action has been brought on behalf of a resident of Carlyle, Illinois against Wells Fargo over the practice of obtaining and charging borrowers for unnecessary and unauthorized collateral protection insurance (CPI).

The suit alleges that Wells Fargo Financial Illinois, Wells Fargo Auto Finance, Inc, , and Wells Fargo Financial Acceptance Illinois, Inc. violated the Illinois Collateral Protection Act, the Illinois Consumer Installment Loan Act, and the Illinois Consumer Fraud Act.

LakinChapman attorney Rob Schmieder represents Hardin and her fellow class members. "Collateral protection insurance is insurance coverage purchased unilaterally by a creditor for protection against loss of or damage to property serving as collateral for a loan. Under Illinois law, lenders can only purchase this insurance and bill borrowers for it under very limited circumstances and following strict notification and disclosure rules. Our lawsuit alleges that Wells Fargo has systematically engaged in the practice of obtaining CPI and billing borrowers in violation of state law and without the required notice."

Schmieder explained that Illinois law only allows lenders to obtain CPI and charge borrowers if the borrower fails to provide evidence that the property used as collateral is otherwise protected with insurance coverage. Based on the experience of Hardin and other consumers, this lawsuit alleges that Wells Fargo has systematically engaged in the practice of unilaterally obtaining CPI at the borrowers' expense even when the borrowers have provided evidence of other applicable insurance coverage.

In addition, the lawsuit alleges that Wells Fargo failed to notify borrowers that it had purchased CPI and that CPI was not required if the borrowers could provide proof that they actually had insurance on the collateral at the time.

"By failing to provide this legally required notice, Wells Fargo deprived borrowers of the opportunity to avoid charges for this insurance, " Schmieder said.

Brad Lakin, the Managing Partner of LakinChapman, said, "Class action lawsuits are a powerful tool to protect consumers from unfair business practices. While it would not be worth an individual consumers' time and expense to bring a lawsuit over what might be a small amount of money in an individual transaction, consumers can join together in a class action to recover their damages and stop companies taking advantage of their customers."

LakinChapman regularly represents consumers in class action litigation. Those seeking more information may contact the firm at classaction@lakinchapman.com (consumers), or (800) 851-5523.