Wells Fargo Auto / auto finance

United States Review updated:

In 2007 my husband and I got a car from a dealership that was financed through wells fargo. Before we signed the paperwork we informed wells fargo that we were going overseas for a few years with the military. They told us we could take it with us as long as we had our first payment made. A couple days after the first payment we called to have them fax the paperwork so we could take the car (this is the day before we fly). They then said we had to make six months worth of payments first. So we put the car into storage with my brother and gave the company their name and address so they knew where the car was. Six months later my mother in law starts getting harrassing phone calls. I call them from overseas and they tell me that our payments are up to date and there is no problem with the account. This process goes on for 4 months. Then we hear nothing. Almost a year later a repo guy shows up and threatens my mother in law with jail and violence if she doesn't produce the car. I call again from overseas and wells fargo tells me they can't find my account. They take my information for the 7th time and say they will call me back. I hear nothing, This goes on for almost another year. This whole time they are sending my payments back to my bank and not accepting them but not telling me this. Finally they threaten my mother in law and actually scared her. So I called them they finally found it and said it was up for repo because I never made a payment. I was tired of their crap so I voluntarily surrendered it in 2010. 6 months after we get back into the states, they call my mother in law again and this time threaten to have my husband and myself arrested when we get off the plane and have our children taken away. By this time they have had the car almost 9 months and have already sold it. I told them they had the car and they left us alone. Now two years later they are calling my husband at work and saying he owes $8000 left on the car. But yet we haven't heard from them in two years. They even told his boss that he refuses to talk to them but we haven't heard from them once. Isn't there something I can do about this?

Comments

• Al
      30th of Aug, 2008
    Wells Fargo Auto - Unauthorized withdrawl
    Wells Fargo Auto

Wells Fargo claims that we authorized a withdrawl via phone to take over $350.00 out of my account. I have a family of six and in no way have that amount of money just sitting around. I did not authorize such an act and do not know what to do.

• Je
      16th of May, 2010
    Wells Fargo Auto - Consolidation scam
    800 Walnut Street, Des Moines, IA
    Pace
    Florida
    Phone: 515-326-8897
    www.wellsfargo.com

Wells Fargo uses confidence tricks to lure consumers into debt consolidation loan.

J.S. London, an ex-WFAF employee of Pace, Florida used confidence tricks to lure a consumer into signing a loan contract.

• Ga
      25th of Apr, 2012

"This whole time they are sending my payments back to my bank and not accepting them but not telling me this."

Why didn't you notice the funds were not withdrawn from your account for almost three years?

• Fa
      25th of Apr, 2012

Being overseas I would look online and it would show the payments were coming out, however the finance had given us the wrong account number so 2 weeks later the money was being sent back to me.I never thought to check for a deposit from them and when I talked to wells fargo our account didn't have any notices about the money being sent back.

• Ga
      26th of Apr, 2012

The balance would have been much higher than what you expected if the funds were redeposited. Your story is total ###.

• Ho
      28th of Apr, 2012

Who are you to kick a person while they are down? Really? I don't know how to help you, but it is illegal for a debt collector to contact you at work if you tell them not to. Also, it is illegal for them to tell your husband's boss anything pertaining to your debts. It is a breach of privacy. Threaten them with a lawsuit and I bet they stop.

• Ho
      29th of Apr, 2012

According to the FDCPA rulings, you cannot divulge any information to a third party concerning debt collections. Also, if you as a debt collector are instructed to refrain from contacting a debtor at his or her place of employment you must cease and desist. I work at a financial institution. YES IT IS!!!