Wells Fargo Accounts / bank reversed a credit and i'm overdrawn!

Prescott Valley, AZ, United States Review updated:
I used a $13000 balance transfer from American Express and deposited into my Wells Fargo Credit Line. On 12/20/2007 the funds showed on the Credit Line as "available". I used WF's online system to transfer that money to my WF Checking Account. Again, the funds showed as "available" in that account. I transferred those funds to my WF Stock Brokerage Account, and of course, they showed as "available". On 12/24/2007 WF REVERSED the credit from my Checking Account and also removed the credit from my Credit Line. They did not contact me nor send me any notice of their actions. Those actions caused my Checking Account to become $7000 overdrawn, and they charged me 3 separate Overdraft Fees of $34 each. I immediately called a representative who said she would "investigate" the matter, but she never contacted me. I called again (on 12/24) and that representative also told me she would "investigate". I spoke to a manager who said he would "investigate". To this day (12/31/2007) no one has contacted me, and now a Bill Payment has been rejected and I have no funds available to me. What do I do now? My Credit Line and my Checking Account are useless since that $13000 has "disappeared". WF is the ONLY bank that I have ever been overdrawn with, and only because of their absurd practices. Please don't give them the privilege of using your money, there are a LOT of great banks out there. (I filed a complaint w/the BBB today... let's see what happens...).

Comments

Cr
  19th of Jan, 2008
$13,000 balance on a credit card??? Maybe you should try PAYING your debt.

File in small claims court. Bring PAPER proof: contracts, communications, transactions

the BBB has ZERO power