Wellpoint / Unauthorized charge!

WI, United States Review updated:
As a new new subscriber to the Medicare part D drug coverage I had been ordering a very expensive medication through their "preferred mail order pharmacy". After several months with no problems they sent a bill for a significant amount several weeks AFTER the monthly order was: placed, received, and paid for with a credit card. Their phone response to my inquiry was that the price had increased between the time of order and shipment (about 2 days). I checked with the manufacturer and that was not true, although retailers can charge what ever they want! (read "whatever they can get away with") I don't know about every state but here it is called "bait & switch" which is illegal. I told them no less that 5 times to send me a written explanation which they never did. Strangely, the billing for the following months was at the original price. After 4 months of them sending the same bill they resorted to charging the amount to my credit card. This, of course, is unconscionable, unethical, and ILLEGAL! In every phone call (which I made sure they were recording) I pointed out that if they did that I would take legal action. (Obviously I had the credit card company put the matter in dispute and remove the charge.) About 4 weeks after I sent a strongly worded letter as a precursor to legal action I got a call on my machine that they were canceling the charge. BUYER BEWARE! These people are either crooks or idiots. (It goes without saying that I am no longer a client).

Comments

To
  5th of Feb, 2008
Yo please stay from this company name shoppers service or surplus they are rip off.. they charge my checking acct. For 39.95 without my permission... my acct charge twice.. I'm in a process getting a lawyer. Please stay away.