WELE Radio 1380 am / Refund for a misrepresented trip

1 Ormond Beach, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 386-677-4122

I paid for a trip to Mexico with a choice of locations. I was then turned over to a travel agent. One of the qualifications is the purchaser is 21-70. I am 73 yrs. old. I do not qualify. The biggest thing is that WELE is happy to take you money, make the trip sound like a great deal and when you find out the truth of the matter. No calls returned. No refund available.

I am due $175.00 plus $65.00 to redeem my certificate and $13.00 for a redemption fee for certificate.

The latest thing is they want to trade this trip for another.

There are several of us involved in this scam.

I would advise that people stay away from WELE.

They have a 30 day redemption rule but your lucky if you can get the package within that time.

Comments

• Li
      20th of Aug, 2008

I agree completely some one has to shut down wele radio, they are ripping people off in this area, and running out of people here and have expanded to radio stations in Southern Florida. Please some one stop them. They have ripped me off, still waithing on a refund from purchases I made 6-19-2008 that I returned the same day. All they do is give you the runaround if they contact you at all. I have filed complaints with the Ormond Beach Police, BBB, Seniors vs. Crime, and last night with Action 9. The ony time you can call wele is if you want to make a purchase. I have never delt with a company like this one. STAY AWAY !

• Gr
      27th of Aug, 2008

I agree too. I got a Holiday Inn stay with 2 Disney tickets from them in February. We are still trying to book it. Everytime we give the RIP OFF VIP Travel Insentives three dates they come back and say sorry choose three more. Not to mention we paid 65 dollers to WELE and paid their RIP OFF Fee, we had to pay another 100 dollers to VIP SKAM. We told them enough is enough, you pick our dates, and they said sorry we can't do this. You have to plan a vacation and now that the kids are back in school, it looks more and more, WELE skammed us again. Hey Doug, do us a favor and move your skam somewhere else. The new stations will catch on.

• Br
      30th of Aug, 2008

Obviously WELE is not selective in ripping people off, everyone seems to be treated equally when it comes to taking their money for misrepresentation. I purchased a package in April paid for it promptly and recieved it in the mail within a couple of weeks. It included a trip to Cancun, Mexico and a couple of cruises that supposedly all you had to pay were the port charges and taxes. I tried to book the trip to Cancun and discovered then that the Airfare was not included, how was I supposed to get there, SWIM !! I specificaly asked the girl at the desk if airfare was included and she said yes, not only yes but that it was all inclusive, ANOTHER LIE !! The 7 day carribean cruise also besides the port charges and taxes had an additional $29.95 per person per day surcharge, this was not diclosed when the package was advertised. Of course you dont find all this out untill after you pay the redemption fee which they now claim is non-refundable ! However before I submitted my claim for a complete refund I made a copy of their policy off of their website and it stated a FULL REFUND if submitted within 30 days. Well my package was returned to me saying that the redemption fee was non-refundable, so again I took the package into the station pointing out their policy from their website and the girl at the desk resubmitted it to management for an exception that was June 2 . On July 12 I returned to the station . Now they cant find my package, no surprise there ! They finally agreed to refund my money and told me I should see it on my credit card within a few days, that was three weeks ago!! I strongly believe that its time to involve the States Attourney's Office, what the hell it cant hurt and after all it is an Election Year !!!