Weight Watchers / cannot cancel membership!

I joined Weight Watchers under the Tenn Care partner's Program. It's funny how I was able to speak with a live person to join, but now they say my only option is to leave a message for them to call me back to cancel, yet they never do! They tell me I cannot speak to anyone about canceling, that this department that only takes messages, is my only choice! I also had a complaint about how I was treated on the phone, as well as at my first meeting, but as you may guess, there is no one willing to take my call about that either!

Beware!

Comments

29th of Jun, 2007

Funny, I am having issues canceling my 'hassel free cancellation' monthly pass. This is posted as it transpired... start at the end.

Clearly, they are only concerned about their 'bottom line'

----- Sarah K Wrote -----

Truly, you do not expect me to go to the landfill and rummage through the garbage. That being said, I will be contacting my credit card company, the Better Business Bureau, and my states' Attorney General's Office.

-----Original Message-----
    From: Weight Watchers Monthly Pass
    To: s@.com
    Sent: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 8:48 pm
    Subject: Re: Monthly Pass Cancellation [#18514785

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for contacting WeightWatchers.com.

The pass you received is a valid Monthly Pass which can be used to attend meetings. That being said, it needs to be returned in order to receive a refund.

Refund Instructions

If you would like a refund for your next subscription month, return your unused Monthly Pass card to us by postal mail within 7 days from receiving it. Please send your Monthly Pass card to the address below and include the following, if applicable:

* Full Name
    * Contact information (street address, telephone, and e-mail address)
    * Pass ID Number (located on the Monthly Pass card)
    * Reason for cancellation

Sincerely,
    Meredith
    Customer Service Associate
    www.weightwatchers.com

Get recipes for success. We'll deliver delicious low POINTS® recipes to you every week. Sign up now!

--Original Message--
    From: s@.com
    Date: 6/29/2007 6:34:38 PM
    To: cancelmonthlypass@weightwatchers.com
    Subject: Re: Monthly Pass Cancellation [#18514785

My mailed monthly pass has already been taken out to the trash. I have not been to a Weight Watchers meeting since May 22nd. Suffice it to say I do not wish to be billed trough the beginning of August. I thought that this was supposed to be a no hassle cancellation, as that is how it is advertised. Please advise.

Sarah K

-----Original Message-----
    From: Weight Watchers Monthly Pass
    To: S@.com
    Sent: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 3:26 pm
    Subject: Re: Monthly Pass Cancellation [#18514785]

Dear Sarah,

Thank you for contacting WeightWatchers.com. As per your request, we have canceled your Monthly Pass subscription.

Our records indicate that you have already been billed for your next subscription month and have been sent a new Monthly Pass card for that month. Your prepaid term is the end of your next subscription month and your Monthly Pass subscription will expire on 8/2/2007. You will have full access to Weight Watchers® eTools as well as access to unlimited meetings until this date.

If you do not wish to continue to use your Monthly Pass subscription beyond 7/2/2007, you are entitled to a refund for next month as outlined in the refund instructions below.

Refund Instructions

* Full Name
    * Contact information (street address, telephone, and e-mail address)
    * Pass ID Number (located on the Monthly Pass card)
    * Reason for cancellation
    * New Monthly Pass card

Weight Watchers North America
    Attn: Monthly Pass Refunds
    PO Box 307
    Jericho NY 11753

After your Monthly Pass subscription expires, it will automatically become a FREE registered user account. You can log in whenever you want and enjoy the free features found on the site. In addition, you will continue to receive our newsletters and announcements. If you would like to opt out of this service, please unsubscribe.

If you subscribed to Weight Watchers On-the-Go™, your account was canceled along with your Monthly Pass subscription and will expire at the same time.

Sincerely,

Date: 6/29/2007 1:06:53 PM
    To: CancelMonthlyPass@weightwatchers.com
    Subject: Monthly Pass Cancellation

30th of Oct, 2007

I as well have had issues trying to cancel my account with Weight Watchers. I canceled the day they billed me for the next month and they will now not refund my money. I'm extremely tired of getting these pre-typed form letters and am unable to speak with anyone halfway alive. Funny that they will only communicate through email.

BEWARE! If you use the program, just don't expect anyone to help you with billing inquiries! Pathetic customer service.

Sara.

• Pa
      1st of Nov, 2007

I am trying to cancel my monthly pass. Please help!

• Kr
      8th of Nov, 2007

I signed up with weight watchers in July 2007. I called the 800# asked to have my membership cancelled in August the very next month. I went to one meeting in July and have been billed every month until this month (Nov.) fortunately because I didnt have the funds available. Funny how finally it was cancelled because of that reason and wasn't cancelled when I spoke to your very unprofessional operator in August. I called today and asked to be refunded since I was being charged $39.95 for the past 3 months and never attended 1 meeting. The rude lady I spoke with told me she is noting my account that I will most likely not be refunded which I think is absolutely ridiculous. Why should I not be refunded? The membership was supposed to be cancelled and this is not my fault that weight watchers has uneducated people employed. I need a refund. This is very unfair and horrible customer service.

Kristie.

• Le
      8th of Nov, 2007

I have been trying to cancel my monthly pass for two weeks I hope you can help me my address is 25665 w. bridge st in Chanahon ill 60410 I got my purse stolen and had to cancel all my credit cards. Please email me back if you can help me.

• Ca
      28th of Dec, 2007

I want to cancel my monthly pass to weight watchers,I will come backin about 8 months. loved the program but I am haveing hip surgery. please e-mail me when you have canceled it.

monthly pass # is W306468 31-Dec-2007

Carol minard

• Br
      10th of Jan, 2008

I am seeing now there is a dark side to Weight Watchers. I joined the online program, so if I can't use the web site then I can't make use of my WW membership. I am now on my fourth email trying to get my technical problem resolved, and third email trying to find a telephone number or human being to address my concerns - if I can't use the web site, why should I pay for it?

The emails are like something out of the twilight zone. In the first one I outlined my problem - which was that the Original points tracker (in which you keep track of your points) did't work. They send me an email with about 15 questions which I answer. Then they send me another email with about 20 questions, some of which they have already asked me and I have already answered, the questions don't relate to my question, my computer or my software (which they asked me in the previous email) Then, I get another one that tells me I should go ahead and use the Original Points Tracker until they can figure out how to solve my problem!!

The same thing happened when I contacted the WW subscription email contact address. They sent me form emails that had nothing to do with what I asked them, and two of them were the same emails I had received from tech support.

Come to find out WW is owned by WW International which is a huge, multinational corporation which is not even a member of the Better Business bureau and has an unsatisfactory rating with them for the very things that are being discussed here. See this at: http://search.newyork.bbb.org/reports.aspx?pid=44&page=1&id=21583

Here is the information from the better business bureau with all their corporate information.

11 Madison Avenue, 17th Floor

Fax Number:
    (516) 390-1795

Website:
    www.weightwatchers.com

Yes, I lost weight as long as I stuck to the plan, and I did learn to eat right. But this is a nightmare, a dark side: You can't ever get out.

• Sy
      14th of Jan, 2008

Please tell me how I can contact wt watchers to cancel my membership.

• Mi
      24th of Jan, 2008

I need to contact W.W customer service. Some how I am being charge this moth a fee for something. I need to clarify what is going on. I am very concern and upset that money is being deducted from my credit card. I canceled my plan in November so nothing should be charged anymore. Please contact me or I may need to take legal action.

2nd of Feb, 2008

Please cancel my monthly pass.

I joined WW in Seattle, Washington. A week later I came to Arizona and cannot use my monthly pass as they are a separate franchise. I will be joining here.

I have just received my first months pass in my forwarded mail (from Seattle) and will send it back today.

It seems to me that there has to be an answer for those that are traveling between states.

Thank you for taking care of this matter. My Pass ID# is M4398457

5th of Mar, 2008

You are all ###s. Why is it so hard for you to follow simple instructions? I have been in WW many times, and cancelled online successfully every single time, without any problems. That said, if you really are contacting WW, and they really aren't helpful-dispute the charge with your bank/CC company. VERY SIMPLE.

And, for those of you that are posting your addresses, names, monthly pass numbers and so forth--who do you think you are providing this information to? This is a complaint board for WW. Do you think WW is trolling this site looking for people to help?

I mean, seriously people. Take some personal responsibility and stop acting like petulant children.

• Na
      20th of May, 2008

I never activated monthly pass and cannot get a refund. They keep asking me for the same things over and over. It is a scam. I contacted BBB and they are still playing games. I think a class action suit is in order. I wonder how many people have not received their refunds because they couldn't keep up with WW's BS.

16th of Jun, 2008

I have had the same issues. I've been getting charged for 3 months and had no idea. I only wanted a 4 month $60.00 membership ... now it is going on for months after it should have ended. They seem to think this is okay business practice. It's terrible.

I have filed a complaint with my bank to dispute the charges and to stop any transactions from WW.

Very very bad business practices and terrible costumer support.

• Be
      28th of Jun, 2008

I would like to cancell my monthly pass as soon as possible. My PASS
    I would like to cancell my monthly passs as soon as possibel.My Pass ID#:M4125266: Valid End Date: 18-Jul-2008.

• Fo
      11th of Sep, 2008

I want to cancel my monthly pass to Weight Watchers. I like the program but I'm pregnant. I'll be back, as soon as I can :) please email me when you have my account cancelled.

Monthly Pass # is W673126

19th of Sep, 2008

I have attempted on several occassions to cancel my weight watchers account, as I have never accessed the online website nor attended any meeting with the exception of the first and only one in October, 2007, only to have my bank account charged once again. I have spoken to actual people quite a few times between the months of may through september and am continually assured that my account is NOW cancelled. Sure enough, the following month i find new charges to my bank account and again speak to someone who tells me there is no record of my calls to cancel. My account number is W379819. I would for once and for all have this account cancelled and my bank account left alone. I expect a credit for the months of July, august, sept and october as these are the only cards I didn't throw away since they kept coming in the mail despite the fact that I was under the impression that my weight watchers account was cancelled.

7th of Oct, 2008

Ditto to all of the above. WW on line is NOT user friendly, and I must conclude that after all my attempts to get help on line - ZERO. I tried to get info on WW program on line, but had to give a credit card to access the system. Voila, instantly billed. After much back and forth with WW and the credit card company, Weight Watchers reluctantly credited me for "shipping and handling"! Some friendly system.
    Considering the cost of the products they sell, the frequently re-doing of programs and all the other accessories, one can only conclude that WW is PRIMARILY a program to make money, and secondarily a plan to lose weight.

They are difficult to deal with.

• Je
      23rd of Nov, 2008

I have reached my goal in weight watchers, but upon trying to cancel my monthly pass, I find they don't recognize my user name, even though it is plainly typed there in the site. I want to have my monthly pass cancelled immediately!

• Go
      28th of Nov, 2008

Please cancel my monthly pass and reeimburse my bank account for the month of December. Thank you,

• Ww
      3rd of Dec, 2008

Weight Watchers has the worst website I've ever tried to use and worst customer service I have ever had to deal with. Okay - that's not true. Its the third worst.

Their web pages took over a minute to load. It could be my connection, but I didn't have any problems with any other pages at that time. I wanted to cancel my membership after 3 hours (because I didn't have all effing day to wait for page loads) and I got charged $45. Seriously?!?!? $29.95 sign-up fee and $16.95 for the month?

So, I want to talk to a human being and no, you can't find one telephone number on the entire website. Email is the best you can do. All I have for them are expletives and bad juju.

Now I have to take this issue to my bank to have them deal with it. Totally annoying.