weight loss nutra / Fraud; charge and no free sample

1 3609 North 29th Avenue, Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-440-4397

My son ordered the "ten day free trial "of this product through their web site. They did not provide the product until two weeks had passed. He called and told them to cancel the order the day he received the "ten day free trial product" in the mail. They said he had to go to a web site to cancel and that the web site address would be emailed to him within two hours. They did not send the web site address. The next day, he checked and the company had charged his credit card. He called again to cancel, ask for a refund of his money and complain that the email was never sent. They refused to refund the money, claiming that there is no obligation to actually supply the product prior to, much less ten days prior to, charging the client's credit card. They claim that despite not receiving the product for the "free trial" within ten days, you must call within ten days to cancel the product or they can charge you. He has returned the "free trial" product and did not use any of it. When I called, they claim they are not a corporation but refuse to provide the name of the owner of the company and they refuse to provide a refund of the charges. The name of the person who claims to be the manager is Stanley Baker and he claims not to have a name, telephone number, or address for anyone above him, supervising him, paying him, or owning the company. This company is clearly engaged in fraud. They suck people in with a "ten day free trial" offer and then charge the person's account priot to providing the "ten day free trial" knowing that people will expect to be able to have the free trial prior to the time that their accounts will be charged. This is a scam of the worst magnitude and these people are just flat out thiefs.

Comments

• Re
      22nd of Nov, 2010

I to just ran into the same situation. My husband talked with someone who claimed to be the manager and he constantly was giving away free trail products to him. My husband said point blank are you going to refund our money or not they would not directly answer the question. I am trying to find a way to complain to the better business bureau about this as well. I found the information on face book as an advertisement and I will also be notifying them to have it removed as it is a scam. I received the product on a Friday 6 days after ordering it, I saw a pending charge to my account for $87.00 I called the company and asked why, she told me it was only pending and as long as I called on a certain date I would not be charged, except that this certain date was on a Sunday and they are closed so Monday morning the charge went through. I am disputing this with my bank as it is a credit union and they are really good about charges that shouldn't be there. Buyer Beware for sure on this.

• Af
      23rd of Nov, 2010

I wish I had read these complaints prior to being sucked into the free trial. I have had the exact same experience with no relief in sight. An expensive lesson learned. Shame on me!!!