Weider Fitness / Terrible place

Today 3/23/09, I purchased a Weider Weight System, Pro 4950 from Sears. I get the $599.00 system home and during the assembling process I find that one of the major weight support bars was incorrect. One of the two bars was short. I called the company, went thru this long process trying to explain what my problem is and during the packaging process the wrong part was put in the box. Trying to explaining that without this part the system is useless. The best they could do to ship the correct part is 7 to 10 days. So now I have this useless system sitting in garage for 7 to 10 days maybe longer. An according the woman on the phone there is bad weather on the way and it may take longer. My wife calls to see why it is going to take so long for them to correct there mistake. After 3 attempts to reach someone (the stupid press a key to reach a department no one answers customer service number) we needed to go thru there the sales department. The woman on the phone says some B.S about the economy and it could not be shipped any sooner. We still cannot figure out what the economy has to do with them shipping a part they have in stock. My economy is not that bad that I spent money $500 + on there product. So the woman said she was going to put my wife on hold to see what she could do. Then click phone was dead. We waited 20 minutes for a call back since the company rep had our phone number and contact information. Nothing. So my wife calls back and talks to a male rep. He said he is going to transfer her to someone else and click the phone was dead once again. Never heard back from them. If my wife or myself lost a call we would call back. But not at the Weider company. Needless to say I will never purchase any of there products again. If I did not have 75% of the equipment put together and have to drive 1.5 hours to sears I would just take it back. Whatever happen to customer service. Companies these days don't care about the customer. Once they get your money they don't know who or care who you are.

Ha

Comments

17th of Feb, 2010

Harry,

My name is Jesse, I recently came across across your review here and wanted to apoligize for the problems you've had in getting the part in a timely matter. I wanted to see what I could do to remedy this bad experience for you.

Please email me if your interested.

Thanks