Wegmansthe lack of care

To all employees of wegmans: i will always believe that one day, your store will close, and wegmans will go to some other place, the policy that concerns me the most is the fact that you cant / arent allowed to show any kind of caring and be allowed to give a hug or any kind of affection. I am betting very deeply, there will come a day, when wegmans closes and they go out of business because the employees walked away and got tired of dealing with cold hearted people. Great way to keep a business going. And the really screwed thing is they are seen as " a great place to work at"###. The day is coming where a employee will go postal and kill or stab a management person. And thats just the beginning

Comments

• Hu
      Oct 16, 2012

I work at the same Wegman's as you do. They have no problem with us showing affection with our coworkers, the problem is someone was recently fired for sexual harassment and that person(most likely you) is claiming that they have a no hugging no affectionate policy. The point is the person who he was being "friendly" with asked him to stop. He kept trying to get her to go out with him after work, sent her text messages, ect. It went so far that she had to get a restraining order and that person(most likely you) was fired. You can show affection, but you cannot force yourself on a person when they say no and back off, that my friend what you did is sexual harassment.

•   Oct 16, 2012

Physical affection in the workplace is inappropriate. Period.

•   Oct 16, 2012

When it comes to hugging in the workplace, the act may become less of a kind gesture and more of a liability. According to a survey by staffing agency The Creative Group, seven in 10 executives interviewed said embracing co-workers in a business setting is inappropriate.

"The thing about hugging in the workplace is that if it makes anyone uncomfortable, there can be legal ramifications, " says Donna Flagg, workplace communications expert and author of "Surviving Dreaded Conversations." "And because of hostile work environment and sexual harassment suits, innocent hugging is always vulnerable to being construed as something else -- that is, something not so innocent."

• Hmmm, Brenda was biitch slapped in the office.

•   Oct 16, 2012

Booty slapped maybe, but never slapped.

Oct 18, 2012

I DONT WORK AT WEGMANS, THAT SHOULD CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION.

Oct 18, 2012

like i said, I NEVER WORKED FOR WEGMANS!!!

Oct 19, 2012

you really have no idea as to what happened and i wont waste my time with a ignorant person

Jul 21, 2014

I work for Wegmans and am currently being harassed. I've brought it to the attention of management and they immediately responded and have done a great job so far dealing with the situation. Pending the outcome of the investigation of course i would have to say its been fair and impartial so far. I look forward to working for wegmans for many years to come. As to the original poster describing no affection allowed and what a terrible atmosphere it is that is just not true. We have a great and playful affectionate atmosphere except one that took it too far. I've never enjoyed a job more.

• Re
      Feb 29, 2016

Today i went to wegmans in wikes barre, pa. to purchase red leaf lettuce. Both the regular and organic were old limp and brown Wen i asked the older woman in the produce department about it she shrugged her shoulders and said "oh well..", abruptly turned and waled away. She turned so quickly that I couldnt see her name. She did not attempt to find fresher lettuce or anything. Very rude.

• Mi
      Apr 30, 2016

I have been on a strong narcotic for years, however whenever I try to have it filled it is never in stock and needs to be ordered. After all that the pharmacy still doesn't have it right and they have to give me one dose. I don't know if they understand that I can end up in the hospital for withdrawal symptoms. This is extremely dangerous and overwhelmingly a problem. They don't offer solutions that would be helpful. I'm going to have to take my business elsewhere if this continues!

• Mi
      May 03, 2016

I go to the Tilghman Wegmans and have found too many Private label products and not enough of the national brands. I do not care for the quality of most of Wegmans private lable products. The Kashi Pizza seems to longer carried as I found out today from a rude employee. Speaking of rude Betty in the coffee stand is not up to Wegmans standards but her 'assistant' Patty sure is...