Weed Eater Rotary Lawn Mower / Extended Service Plan rip Off

1 East Dundee, IL, United States Review updated:

We purchased a lawn mower from WalMart. They conned us into their extended service plan. The lawn mower didn't work so we returned it for another--the next one worked for approximately one week. When we tried to have it fixed again, we did not have the receipt 'proving' we had the extended service plan. They said we would have to go through the manufacturer. We called the manufacturer and they said they have nothing to do with Walmart, as they are their competitor. They told us to go to Walmart. We call the store and speak to a manager. He says they can not do anything without the receipt. Apparently, once you purchase an extened service plan, you must hold onto the receipt with your life or they will not honor it. They do not mention this at the time. The plan is not on record. The manager said they only way they could possibly look it up is if we know the exact day we purchased it. He then proceeded to hang up on us. We had already been down that road and was told to go to the manufacturer--so, it's an endless pass the buck and in the meantime we have a useless lawn mower. This company is pathetic!!

Comments

• Hm
      7th of Jun, 2011

I understand this, I bought one last year it had been 13 months since I purchased it. Walmart cant take it back because it was over 1 year, so I am having to go through the Weedeater waranty company which is not helping, I dropped it off a week a go a a repair place, they inform me its my problem because I broke it. Seriously? I also bought the 2 year service plan but walamrt cant help me they said till the 2 years is up on the weedeater waranty. I am at my witts end.