Weed-A-Way / Questionable billing

7595 Danbro Cres.Mississauga, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
3.75
Phone: 905-858-3100

I contracted with Weed-A-Way to fertilize my lawn, during the period [protected].
At the beginning of each season I pre-paid for the season. About $240/year.
In November, 2007 I moved.
I received numerous invoices and phone calls, but explained to the salespeople that I had moved, and no longer had responsibility for the property.
In September, I received a nasty letter from Carol Mahoney, who I believe runs this company, saying i owed them over 100 dollars, and the debt had been sent to a collection agency.
When I contacted the company, Carol Mahoney would not come to the phone; the receptionist simply saying, the debt's been sent to a collection agency, so too bad.
I would recommend NOT dealing with a shady company.

Comments

Aw
  24th of Jan, 2009
I had a very similar problem and I can not stress enough not to use this company
They will not return calls or repsond in any way.

A. Whyte
Oakville
Th
  26th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
These guys are right. This company screwed not only me, but my neighbour. They did applications we did not ask for then billed us and said if we didn't pay, we'd be sent to a collection agency.

I quit last year and they kept showing up when I was at work and doing my lawn anyway!

Who does business like this???????

I will never trust a lawn company again because of Weed-A-Way.
Ry
  20th of Mar, 2009
I THINK WEED-A-WAY IS A GREAT COMPANY AND I THINK IF YOU READ THE LETTERS THEY SEND YOU YOU MIGHT UNDERSTAND HOW THEY OPERATE IVE BEEN A SATISFIED CUSTOMER SINCE 1996 AND I HAVE A GORGEOUSE LAWN!
Xg
  3rd of Apr, 2009
Agree Disagree -2 Votes
Ryan must be a friend of the owner. Hope you at least got paid for your comment?
Ha
  15th of Jan, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Weed-A-Way has poor customer service. Their product does not remove weeds, my lawn was full of weeds by the end of the season. When I attempted to voice my complaints to Carol Mahoney she yelled over my voice and refused to listen to me. They continued to come and respray my lawn after I asked them to cancel the service. My advice is to stay away from weed-a-way!!!
El
  19th of Aug, 2013
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
They seem to be a company that only cares about the money that ends up in their pockets. The owner Carol Mahoney and her husband treat their customers like garbage and also their employees too. I am not surprised by the comments listed and I am very positive that the comment made by X-grass, he or she was paid to post it. Besides what kind of company fires their staff by text message! Anyone who gets a call from Weed A way for service, just tell them off and hang up the phone!
Ya
  3rd of Sep, 2014
Poor customer service. Weed a way called me in January 2014... I said during our conversation they have it on record that I am not happy with the service and not happy with the price they quoted. They still came out in April and now they are charging me for the two visits. Over $100! This is a big scam and they need to be stopped and taken to court!
The lady saying she's the owner is so rude and and she hangs up on people. Very unprofessional. Stay away. I'm calling global news about this company.
  15th of Feb, 2016
I receive fake invoices from this company. I once called them to ask for the quote and now I get invoices asking for money. Please stay away from this company, the owner is fake.
Fr
  3rd of May, 2016
My parents have been the victim of this company unfortunately. My father has not provided the consent for the services this year. The receptionist mentioned that they have my fathers conversation recorded that he gave them the consent. Where as when my father got the services last year he paid in full to get the services done. This year he did not want the services this year and they left them a bill still of saying they sprayed the garden and then left a bill on the door. However from what we know that they did not do services without being paid in advance. Now I am stuck and don't know what to do. I have left so many messages and the receptionist is a very rude and ignorant lady and kept putting me on hold when i would call back. Disrespectful lady and someone her age you would expect her to be more kind and give customer service since people are investing in there company. Now i am confused and dont know what to do PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME WHAT CAN MY PARENTS DO? Thank you
Na
  15th of Jun, 2016

Weed-A-Way - unethical billing practices
Weed-A-Way
Ontario
Canada
weedaway.com

WORST BUSINESS PRACTICES!! STAY AWAY!! We used them in 2011 and the service provided was ok. In 2012, they incessantly called but we no longer wanted the service as we were considering re-landscaping the yard. In 2013 the calls started to come again and once again we went out of our way to let them know not to come as we did not want the service. We called back many times to ensure they did not come again. However, they decided to come anyway without consent and without permission. They billed us for the "services rendered" and then proceeded to take us to collections because we didn't pay for something we NEVER wanted. I even tried to call them after all the questionable ethical behaviour to sort it all out to which they yelled at me and proceeded to hang up on me. If you call to cancel apparently you need to get a cancellation number from them. ENSURE YOU DO THIS or they will insist you never called them to cancel the services. The business practice of this company is TERRIBLE!! I see below that we are not the only ones that this has happened to. Buyers beware!!
La
  15th of Jun, 2016
I wanted to contact you personally and let you know I was disappointed to hear that we lost your business. We at Weed-A-Way take tremendous pride in providing the best service to our customers and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. Although we try to cover all the bases, we aren't perfect. We obviously let you down, and apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you. No one in the industry can match our dedication to providing you with a beautiful lawn and great service! Throughout the year we send out several letters, statements, invoices that note very clearly your service continues from season to season please contact the office if you wish to discontinue. The reason the service continues is to maintain a healthy lawn. You are not locked in a contract for life ... all you have to do is simply contact the office and let us know you no longer need the service and the account is cancelled, or simply ask the moment you sign up that you do not want automatic renewal on your account and we could have the account cancelled after one season, We try to offer many different options for our customers, so that this does not happen Complaints about lawn care usually centre on a dispute about what services were to be provided. In many cases, agreements with lawn care businesses are made over the phone which can lead to miscommunication, please contract our office so that we can work together and come to an agreement!