We do not recommend anyone to get wedding services from Cathleen Logue (Shriner). We had such a horrible experience. She was uninvolved, unprofessional and not personable.
I wanted to order flowers for my parents and his parents to honor them (boutinneires and corsages) so I called Cathleen to get them ordered. We were very hurt by the fact that she told me on the phone, "I strongely don't recommend getting flowers [boutinnieres and corsages] for the parents and grandparents" and "had it been an expensive yacht party, I would have recommended it." That comment was unsolicited and very unprofessional. That went over the line. I took it as an insult. I found nothing wrong to honor my parents and his parents who have raised us all these years. Without them, we would not be here. That comment insinuated that our wedding meant nothing and it was not "worthy" to have flowers for the parents. It didn't matter what type of wedding we were having, we were entitled to honor our parents regardless.
There was also lack of involvement and we paid her a lot of money. She didn't come out to help us arrange the tables and set up things on the day of our wedding and she did not call me on the day of wedding to ask if I needed anything and how was everything going. I went out of my way to call her and when I did call her, there was not any enthusiasm in her voice. It's my wedding day and I would imagine the wedding coordinator/minister would be excited.
There was also lack of guidance. There wasn't a checklist for when things were to be accomplished (i.e., a timeline). My family and friends chipped in to help us along the way. Diane, the owner of the reception site, personally sat down with us on Saturday the day before the wedding to offer guidance even though she did not have the time to do so and it was not her job. I had no idea we needed a cake topper and a cake knife/server (that it was not offered by the caterer, I just assumed it was since Cathleen never mentioned to me to get those supplies). These things don't come to me naturally because I've never had a wedding before and that's a reason to hire a wedding coordinator so that I can have guidance. I was so busy doing ten thousands things at once that I totally forgot the most important thing. I was so lost and overwhelmed and was so stressed out on the day of the wedding. My husband, Diane and her staff and myself spent a good half of the day getting everything ready which was really her job!
There was lack of communication. I had to email her to find things out. I had to communicate with Diane even though I wasn't supposed to. It was her job to communicate with everyone (vendors). I was shocked when she asked me when Meredith Wade would be coming out to take pictures- I thought that her your job to coordinate everything. Instead, I felt that every responsibilty was dumped on me. I was completely overwhelmed and really didn't want to have the wedding at that point.
Cathleen was extremely unprofessional. Some examples include:
1) She asked me what was on the menu because she had forgotten.
2) She did not recognize me and my husband when she walked into cottage and she made the comment, "I thought you were blonde" and "I am getting you mixed up with my other brides".
3) She walked into the cottage while I was getting my hair and make up done and asked "why is everything not set up" and why is nobody there to move the chairs over to the tables after the ceremony- that is her job to coordinate and to communicate with Diane, not ours and dumping that responsibility on both of us was just too much for me to handle at that point.
4) My husband called to ask how to decorate the banister/railing and she just told him "I don't recommend you doing it" (we have every right to decorate the place).
5) She arranged the rehearsal time on the day of the wedding at 4:30 pm right when the vendors were coming in and did not change the time until I reiterated to her that I felt that would cause us to rush and avoid the guests coming in at 5:00 pm.
6) She yelled at us for not being present for the rehearsal on time under unforseen circumstances (the driver of the taxi got lost and my maid of honor and best man had no control over that); instead the girl who did my makeup and hair offered to get on the phone and help the driver get to the farm; I would have appreciated it she had gotten on the phone with the taxi cab driver and offered directions rather than yelling at all of us.
7) She never came up to see me prior to the ceremony to make sure I understood what I was supposed to do since I missed rehearsal; my bridesmaid had to go get her.
She has not called me during the whole month of August (our wedding was on August 31, 2008).
I couldn't tell if she treated me that way because I was Asian and she didn't think I would speak up for myself. I couldn't imagine her business going well if she has treated other brides the same way.
Regardless of why she treated me the way she did, I felt ignored and not important whatsoever. I can only have a wedding once and that was my only day. Had it not been for my family, friends and strangers who came out to help us set up for the day, we would not have the day I had dreamed of. It was as if God sent people out there to help us pull everything together and I am thankful for that.