wedding dresses / Terrible Customer Service

1 Fargo, ND, United States Review updated:

My daughter was planning to purchase the wedding dress of her dreams from David's Bridal. All of her bridesmaids and flowergirl dresses were all picked out and ready to be purchased as well. We made several trips looking and trying on dresses, and each time were were told something different by someone else. A couple of the bridesmaids found shoes in their sizes and styles in exactly what they wanted and were all ready to purchase them, but the person helping us told them they didn't need to buy them now, they would be guaranteed to be there when they needed them. Two weeks later when we happened to be back, we asked again about the shoes and were told they were now discontinued. If they wanted them, they would have to order them from another store, if they had the size their size, and the shipping fee would be $15.00 on top of that. After this episode, I stopped with my daughter and the junior bridesmaid to try on her dress. My daughter also wanted to try hers on again. We had help finding the dresses, after that we were strictly left on our own. Upon leaving the store, she was told, again by another person, she better order her dress in no less than a couple weeks as her wedding dress could be discontinued and she might not get her size if she waited longer. My daughter at that point was feeling very stressed and very upset. She was told by the person who first waited on her that she had plenty of time to order her dress in January for her wedding in June 2009. This was the final straw! She felt as if she could no longer trust anyone and she wasn't willing to let this continue. She was made to feel like she was purchasing a pair of clearance sandals rather than a wedding dress for the most special day. To their loss, they are losing a huge sale, and we have chosen another bridal shop to purchase all the wedding dresses. We would never recommend anyone else to shop here and have to be treated the way we just did.

Db

More wedding dresses Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ka
      29th of Aug, 2008

Unfortunately : you get what you pay for...

similar experience except that no one would even help us, and we had to hang up our own dresses.

• Do
      31st of Oct, 2008

WAAAAAAAAA, they wanted me to buy a dressof my dreams...

waaaaaaaa

• Me
      20th of Feb, 2009

I hate that rule of thumb you get what you pay for? I went in to a davids bridal in fargo nd. My financee was actually with me as i tried on dresses. Okay first off i had no oppointment this was all on a whim and did not expect to find "THEE" dress that day. A good consultant pulled gowns for me and did a very god job with me as i was in my " i am really shy but i'm gonna be sorta of snotty state of mind" I had no idea what to expect for a dress from Davids. She found it and I am happy with it. The alterations are tricky with my gown it's the bust thats to big and instead of cinching in the bust they pulled in the sides to make it feel like i was not going to jump out of my dress. A second alteration needs to be done. Unsure of the outcome of my dress i can only hope for the best until my day happens. No, i am not mad. That will not help as that will just poor negative nrg into the dress . We are brides and we do need to feel confidient in our consultants but they really dont have to bend us over and kiss our ### to make the dress perfect. Both of my sisters and close first cousin and my self all have or will be getting married within a one year time frame. TALK ABOUT COMPETETION!!! So my dress better fit perfectly because i only spent $666.85 plus $190 on alterations not bad compared to my cousins and sisters costs. They are well over the 2, 000 mark to be ready completely. Yeah, thats right i might seem a little cheap but did you ladies ever think that your just paying for commision markup and the quality of the dress? I HOPE THAT OLD SAYING WILL NOT APPLLY TO ME. 'YOU WHAT YOU PAY FOR" OMG SWEATING BULLTES UNTILL THE DAY I WEAR THE DRESS AND HAVE A COMPLETE SUCCESSFUL NIGHT WEARING IT. I HOPE THERE ARE NO REGRETS SHOPPING HERE. THE DRESS IS DROP DEAD GORGEOUS IN PERSON AND EVEN MORE FLATTERING ON BUT THE ONLY THING I AM DEPENDING ON IS ALTERATIONS. ITS A MERMAID STYLE AND DETAILED EMBRODERY IT GOT A 5 STAR RATING FROM ALL ACROSS AMERICA WHO WORE THE GOWN AND THAT STANDS FOR SOMETHING.

• Me
      20th of Feb, 2009

I could have odered a dress on line from anywhere at any cost but my consultant found a stunning dress for me and i love it. They do have some extrodianry looking gowns and with every bridal store there is some off the wall thing but i am still sweating bullets until the day of my wedding. And another consulant was taking care of bussiness for me to get the perfect fit. So much appreciated she was rootin' for me as one of the seamstresses just wanted me to fill the bust instead of pulling it in. She certainly did do just that for me. i will be greatful for a long time because i damn near gave in.