Webloyalty.com, Inc / bogus settlement scam

c/o The Garden City Group, Inc.
P.O. Box 9265
Phone: 888-571-1765
Received a post card in the mail reguarding "MDL Case No. 07-01820-JLT, " stating the I "may be eligible to receive compensation from a proposed class action settlement if (I) enrolled in or were a member of Webloyalty.com's ('WLI') Reservation Rewards, Shoppers Discounts & Rewards, Members Specials, Buyer Assurance, Distinctive Privileges, PC Protection Plus, Travel Values, Travel Values Plus, Classmates Rewards, and/or Wallet Shield program (collectively, the 'Programs') from September 11, 2000 through September 30, 2008. The Settlement will resolve a lawsuit in which claims are made that WLI, et al. (the 'Defendants'), among other claims, failed to disclose Program enrollment details regarding monthly billing and transfer of billing information causing consumers to enroll in Programs without full consent in violation of state and federal law. Defendents deny any wrongdoing and the Court has not decided the merits of these allegations."

Apparently, I would have to call the Settlement Administrator or write them at the P.O. Box to obtain a full notice or visit the webmarketingsettlement website. I checked it out online and found a warning at consumerfraudreporting.com stating that they have been circulating an email stating even more details, including a $24 fee made in two payments of $12 each. Anyway, I would suggest avoiding them at all costs, even though as they state, "Your legal rights are affected whether you act or not."

Good luck & stay safe.

N  28th of Oct, 2006 by

WLI Discount & WLI Travel Values - Accessing my email address and charging!

Accessing my email address and charging $9.00/month without authorization. That’s $9/month for the discounts and $9/month for the travel values. September and October. Would love to get my money back!!

Frisco, Texas
A  3rd of May, 2009 by
I was promised two (2) round trip airline tickets, $150.00 in gas vouchers, and a $30 meal gift certificate at either Red Lobster or Olive Garden if I attended a sales pitch for a Members Travel Club. I attended and never received the certificates as promised.
N  15th of Jul, 2009 by
This is not a scam! A federal judge in Boston just approved this settlement on July 14, 2009. The settlement calls for each member of the class to receive $2, 000. (The lawyers are walking away with the big bucks with $2.7 million.)

If you were duped into these rewards clubs via deceptive pop-up ads, check out this link and file your claim:

A  23rd of Dec, 2009 by
They are still at this same scam. I was charged $12.00 on Dec 9 2009. I called the # on my on line statement to have them tell me I accepted a discount from Pet Care RX and in turn accepted a free 30 day trial, but she would be glad to cancell this and ALL IT"S BENIFITS to me that, I was completely unaware of to be gin with. I called Pet Care RX and explained and was given the # 800.732.7031 and the name, WebLoyalty.com. When I called the guy could not tell me when, how or give me proof, but will credit my account the $12.00 I was charged. Now he could tell me that my "Trial Membership" Started Sept. 9th the day I made my purchase and ended Oct7th. When I asked why I was not charged then he stated, it was simply the next billing cycle. If there is a good. How is a class action suit filed? I'd love to join in.