Webloyalty / Fraudulent charges

United States Review updated:
Orbitz users BEWARE- Don't use a bank card to purchase tickets!

In March 2008, I booked a flight for my wife on Orbitz using my bank card. In December of 2008, I noticed that a debit of 12.00 was being withdrawn from my account every month by a company called Shopper Discount and Rewards. I do the majority of my banking online and this charge was small enough to slip below the radar.

I contacted Orbitz and asked if they sold my account information to Shoppers Discount and was told that I must have accepted some form of popup during or after purchase and they had no record of that transaction.

Calling Shopper Discount resulted in a rude and probably the most unpleasant experience I have ever had. I will not go into detail but when I asked for a full refund retro from March, I was put on hold and after 3/4 hour, I hung up.

This has been reported to the BBB. Yet another internet scam causing many hours of frustration, changing bank account numbers and wasted phone calls.

More Webloyalty Complaints & Reviews

N  20th of Jan, 2009 by
Dear Kevin:

Webloyalty.com protects its reputation and monitors the blogosphere to ensure information posted on our company is truthful and accurate and to identify opportunities to assist our members. Through this monitoring, we found your comments posted here about our membership program, Shopper Discounts & Rewards.

We're sorry if you did not have satisfactory experience with our Customer Service department as providing the highest level of quality service is of utmost importance to us. We would like to speak with you directly to address your concerns but do not have your contact information. If you would like to cancel your membership or receive a refund, please contact us at 1-800-889-8776 or send an email message to consumeraffairs@webloyalty.com. We will be happy to help you.

Mary O'Reilly
Webloyalty Consumer Affairs
Shopper Discounts & Rewards
N  28th of Jul, 2009 by

Webloyalty - $12 credit card card

I was charged at least $12 on my monthly credit card bill that I never authorized. I want my money returned and whatever it was cancelled. This company and any one or company associated with them should be sued and never done business with again!