WebDetective.com / Scam and cheating

Spokane, WA, United States Review updated:

I found this web site 8/19/08 pst while looking for an old classmate. Upon typing in the information, I was told there was a positive match. I had to sign up for a 3 day trial offer for $2.95 to be able to access this information. After doing so, I found that this website only provides links, not the service itself as implied on the website. And the links did not allow me to find my friend.

After calling their listed phone number, I find out that you cannot talk to an actual representative to cancel service. After attempting to cancel via both email sites given, I was unsuccessful, receiving the message that the email address is not complete. The phone # is [protected]. The email addresses given were "support.razoreye.com" or through the website "www.web-detective.com/cancelaxpx", which just brings up the home page.

Comments

He
  31st of Aug, 2008
i purchased 3 day trial membership for web detective. recieved email subject: transaction processed successfully. when i try to log on using user/name: henrywilmes@yahoo.com it rejects saying incorrect u/n. what is my u/n and why does it act like i'm not a registered trial member?
Te
  4th of Sep, 2008
Aug.14 I logged on to Web Detective, not finding what I was promised to find.I cancelled on AUg.15, and 4 times more since this.I called and had to leave a message and wait 48 hrs.No response.I called the 888# and was told i would have to leave another message.No response.The next tome I called they told me I had two messages in my e-mail.I never had not 1.My debit card was charged $4.90 and $35.05and again $35.05.I am disable and don't have that much in my accout at the end of the month.It is going to cost me $29.00 for each of the $35.05 checks, because the money is not in my account.If this is not a rip off I don't know what is.Don't log on to web detective.It has not every thing it say's it has and they charge ungodly amounts of money.lotsoflovemom
Da
  17th of Sep, 2008
I gave them all the information they asked for to get the three day trail at "web detective". Upon submitting the information, including CC info. they told me there was a problem processing my info and that the transaction was duplacated and canceled. I tried once again giving them all my infomation but this time they told me the transaction was cancelled and to try back later. When I tried to contact them all I could get was a recorded message. I could not even find out if the transactions had gone through and that my trial sub. was started. This would allow them to increase the charge after three days and I don't find out about it untill I get my CC bill. And yes of course the CANCEL site dose not exist. What crooks