Web.com / impossible to cancel

1 White Plains, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 914-649-4894

Web.com makes it virtually impossible to cancel your account.
It took me a year of no activity on my account and a year of automatically billing my credit card.
The only way to cancel is by phone; I finally reached an agent after 14-1/2 minutes of holding. The recording never even confirmed I was holding for web.com. I submitted emails to web.com saying I wanted to cancel but with no response. I had to endure the long hold to finally get it done. Not surprisingly, when I called web.com right back for something other than cancellation, I reached a live agent in under 30 seconds.

Comments

• Bl
      28th of Jan, 2010

I had the same problem. I am on disability and told them up front that I could not afford the site, but they said try it and if it doesn't work I can cancel. They did a nice site, but I had almost no traffic. I sent an email to cancel, and got a notice I had to call to cancel. Called and talked to rep. She said I could try 1 more month free and to call Jan. 23 to cancel if I still wanted to cancel. I called on 23rd and got recording they would call me back. After waiting for hours I sent an email with the cancel info. I found out they don't work on Sat. On 24th, the bank account was debited. It has caused me $280 in overdrafts. Don't know how I will pay my bills. I will get more overdrafts since I can't pay them all and they will bounce. Monday morning 26th, I called and talked to rep. She said she could not do anything since the charge was still pending. She said call back when it is put through. Called back today and talked to a guy who was sympathetic and put in a request to the complaint department to get them to cancel it and refund my money. Tonight I got an email saying they would not refund my money and that I had authorized the draft. I did not. NO ONE SHOULD EVER USE THEM. I regret the day I was so stupid to try it and then got talked into 1 more free month. Never again.!!!Q!!!