Web.comcontinue charging after cancellation

When I created my website with Web.com in August 2014 the monthly charges as per their website was CAD $2.95. Then in November I realised that they were charging me $22.95 per month and when I enquired it with Web.com support centre, I was told that only for the first month they rate was $2.95 as part of promotion and it was mentioned in the terms which I didn’t read and it was my mistake. I requested the Web support team to advice me the procedure to cancel my account and transfer my website domain to another service provider as my business is in the initial stages and has not started generating any revenue and $22.95 is not an affordable rate at this point. The executive gave me 2 weeks time to confirm my decision to cancel my account and I got back in about 5 days time confirming my decision to cancel the account with Web.com as I have found another domain & website hosting provider who provides a very reasonable rate. The website was successfully transferred to the new service provider on November 25th 2014 and I got the confirmation email from Web.com support personnel also.

Again on December 19th I have been charged $22.95 by Web.com and when I enquired with Web.com support I was told that I have transferred the website, email services, domain everything but I didn't cancel my account. The lame excuse I got was really shocking.

The whole point of moving the entire website to another service provider was due to financial constraint and I have clearly told this over phone to them in November when I confirmed the cancellation of my account. The executive made a claim request on my behalf to get the refund for the month of December and it was rejected in just one day stating that “that Web.com performed the services requested and that the sale was authorized by your company”.

What a shame?