webace internet provider / unauthorised withdrawals

Perth, Western Australia, Australia Review updated:
After we ended our use of Webace (internet provider) they kept taking payment from our bank account. They have not refunded any of it, although they have promised to several times, and can't be contacted on the phone.

Comments

He
  26th of Oct, 2008
I have the same complaint. Webace are continually taking money from my credit card with no authorisation. They are impossible to contact!
Sa
  11th of Dec, 2008
yes we have had the same problem and had to cancel the automatic deductions
Be
  10th of Mar, 2009
On 19 September 2008, Web Ace charged my MasterCard $63 for renewing my dial up plan only until mid December.

On 18 October 2008, I requested to cancel my broadband plan.

Despite the fact that I paid in full to renew my dial up plan until mid December and that I requested repeatedly to cancel my broadband plan, Web Ace has since made 3 unauthorized charges on my MasterCard every month.

I've tried to contact Web Ace by email, fax and mail but they failed to respond.
  8th of Apr, 2009
Please contact the Fraud Squad and the TIO if, like me, you have been ripped off by Webace.
  8th of Apr, 2009
Same thing happened to us and other people I know.
He is getting away with this because no authority seems able to take him on, yet i believe it is large scale fraud.
Suggest people phone the Fraud Squad, as i did.
Only when they realize the scale of this rort will they be able to do something.
Da
  2nd of Aug, 2009
I have experienced the same problem of unauthorised withdrawals at random intervals, sometimes 3 on the same day.Have reported Webace to /tio, my bank and the fraud squad