Web Pros Internet Success Kit / Unauthorized Charge

1 UT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-984-5904

I was interested in learning more about online money making opportunitites - work from home type of stuff. I ordered an initial 7 day trial of the Web Pro's Internet Success Kit and paid $3.88 for this 7 day period. Well the same day I ordered it, I called and cancelled because it wasn't something I was interested in. The man on the phone kept insisting I take 7 days to look it over and I flat out told him to cancel it all - I wanted no part of it. So he said he cancelled it. Three days later I called back and spoke with "Courtney" who also confirmed I cancelled it and would not be charged further. Well low and behold after 8 days a $67 charge appears on my card. I called Web Pros to refute the charge and they said I didn't call within the 7 day grace period. They flat out lied about me cancelling with the first call - saying it never happened and then the second call they said I didn't make until 8 days later, which wasn't true. When I said they were lying the man said "well how are you going to prove it?" and then when I asked to speak with "Courtney" he said he wouldn't allow me to do that because I would be tying up the phone line and he won't allow for that. He refused to let me speak with her and he refused to refund the $67. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and also have disputed the charge on my credit card.

Sh

Comments

• Mo
      26th of Jul, 2009

I was also intrested too about the at home money making. It said just pay $1.99 for the success kit, a few days later it took out $77.00 out of my bank account. That is BULL ###!!! I was so mad. I try calling the lines either too busy or its after hours. I'm still trying... I don't know why I got into these kind of things. I'm never going to belive all the work from home things again! I hope its not happening to alot other people.

• Wn
      29th of Jul, 2009

Just be careful when you sign up for this. I wasn't careful...didn't read the fine print, I guess. At no point was it made clear that I had 7 days to do anything, but I was also charged $77. I have called the company and the guy I talked to was very nice...actually offered to cancel the membership. He was very helpful with questions I had about this "Scam/nonscam??" And since I paid 77 bucks, I suppose I will see how it goes now. I'm sorry to everyone else who got sucked into this stuff...what a great time to prey on the financially challenged!! :-(

• We
      6th of Aug, 2009

Web Pros totally scammed me. I called in to cancel my 7 day trial period.. could not get anyone on the phone. Called back again, spoke to a man who was pleasant who said he would cancel my account and refund the $3.88. When I asked if there were other charges he said "no." Today, my account showed a $97 deduction AND a pending deduction for $19.95 for their affiliate (who they do not have the phone number for at Web Pros) for some company called "Meals Rebate."

I spoke w/one woman who was nasty mean. She said there was never a note of cancellation or an offer for the $3.88 to come back to me. She said there were no notes of a "refund." She refused to give me a refund. I asked to speak w/the owner and she told me that "he does not take calls... and do you get to speak to the owner of Walmart?" I laughed at that remark and told her I've never had any problems w/Walmart and they, I'm sure are a much larger company than Web Pros. She would not help so I got off the phone and called back to speak w/another rep. AT first, the phone rang and rang.. I'm assuming they have caller id. I hung up, called my bank and told them I wanted to dispute the chargers. I called back --got the same lady and she said there was nothing she could do and no refund was offered to me.

She then hung up on me. I called back and talked w/a lady who was nice --however she refused to give me a refund. I explained that I am a single mother of two, unemployed and I needed that money to put food on the table for my kids and to pay the bills. Didn't matter. I told her I had looked at the website and have no idea of what I paid for. She gave me a cancellation number and said to use that if "by some miracle, my card was charged again." Total scam--

Wendy in Richmond, VA

• In
      11th of Aug, 2009

I was also interested in the success kit. It said just pay $1.99 for the kit. 7 days later I went to close my bank account and I had a charge for $77.00 I did not authorize. I called the phone number and I spoke to Courtney who was very rude and hung up the phone on me. I called back and she told me there was nothing she could do to remove the charge and that it was in the terms and conditions. Even when I said I was unemployed an unaware of this charge. I am outraged as it caused my bank account to be overdrawn. I would have never agreed to a $77.00/Mo charge, especially when I'm not working. My bank wouldn't remove the charge and now I'm trying to contact the BBB to see what they can do.
    Lori