Web Money Training / unauthorized deduction from myaccount

1 AZ, US Review updated:

This is a first class scam!!! I wanted to see what the initial ad was all about so I okeyed $1.97.
I received nothing from this "organization" and two weeks later was charged an additional $69.97 for absolutely nothing.
I can no longer trust GOOGLE.c

Comments

• Bo
      Aug 30, 2009

Google has nothing to do with this. You fell for a scam. Don't blame Google becaue you're gullible.

• He
      Sep 01, 2009

I did not fall for a scam. I did not authorize them to take money from my bank account! Now I am going to see if the FBI can do anything about them, since no one else seems to care! You might want to do the same!

• Tm
      Sep 01, 2009

I had the same thing happen. I called the number my bank gave me and they gave me another number but when I call that I hear a recorded message to hold the line then I got cut off. I called the bank and opened a dispute. These kinds of scams are all over the internet and need to be reported and I intend to do just that. From now on before I order anything from a company I'm not familiar with I'm going to check with the BBB online. I'm filing a complaint with them also so others will know that they are a scam.

• Fi
      Sep 01, 2009

Same thing happened to me! I just attorized $1.97, that is all! I athorized nothing else!

• Ca
      Sep 01, 2009

I just went to the bank only to find out I had next to nothing left in my account! So I came home to figure out WHY...these people took $69.97 out of my account. I signed up for the same thing you did, but I only signed up last week. I have not received any info for them. I was ok with blowing $1.97, but $70 is a different story! And on my bank statement, only half the phone number shows up so I cant even call them tonight to get this stopped and reversed! Im SOOOOO pissed! I never allowed for them to take the $70, I cant afford that! AHHHHH

• Je
      Sep 01, 2009

I did not fall for this a scam either...and I never signed up for any kind of training what so ever . I did not authorize these people to take money from my bank account AT ALL! ---AMAZING I CANT BELIEVE THIS HAPPEN TO ME AS WELL...I do all my transactions online and I think this GAY ### company just got over on me...IM PISSED!

• Ti
      Sep 02, 2009

I came across this company and started looking into it, started to sign up and stopped when they asked for my credit card number. I am smart enough not to give out financial information without finding out more about what I am getting into. Just underneath the boxes you input your address and credit card information, there is a box that is labeled Terms & Conditions. So of course I read that and everything you all are complaining about is in the paragraph, it fully discloses the charges you will get each month if you do not cancel after the trail periods. All you guys had to do was read that small paragraph. Here is what it said since you all missed it.

"You will have 7 days from the date of order to evaluate our product. If you decide you are happy with the product do nothing. For your 7 day trial you will only receive a one-time charge of $1.97, and if you decide to continue with the membership after your trial - you will only be billed a discounted $69.97 per month. There are no obligations and no strings attached. You can cancel anytime via our customer support line at [protected]. You will also receive a free 14-day trial to Alternative Funding. After the 14-day trial, you will be charged $29.95 a month thereafter, if you choose not to cancel. Cancel any time by calling [protected]. View full terms & conditions."

I also read the full terms and conditions and visited their website, I have not signed up since I cannot determine what exactly they are offering, but I am still considering trying the free trail because it is endorsed by CNN, ABC, MSNBC and USA Today. All those who signed up, you need to use your username and password to log in and read up, get the information you signed up for to see if it is something you can take advantage of or not and see if it is something you are capable of understanding, doing and taking the time for. For those who have not gotten through on the phone to cancel, you can cancel online, here is the info from their website about doing it that way.

"How easy is making a cancellation? Can I submit this online or do I have to call?
    Its very easy, and yes there are several options for you to choose from.

By far the quickest and easiest way is to perform an online cancellation (option 1 or 2). The reason we suggest you submit a cancellation online, is because occationaly you may experience an inconvenient hold time when you call.

When you submit your cancellation online, the time you submit the request is logged, and therefore your cancellation is 100% guaranteed to be effective same day.

#1 - Online Cancellation : www.WebMoneyTraining.com/support.php
    Submit a cancellation using the Customer Support Form.

#2 - Online Cancellation : www.CSRegister.com/login.php
    Login to your CSRegister account using the account details in your email

#3 - Phone Cancellation : [protected]
    Call WebMoneyTraining Toll-Free

#4 - Phone Cancellation : [protected]
    Call CSRegister Toll-Free"

• La
      Sep 03, 2009

Thanks for the info tiffanyandko. We all feel like fools for not having read the fine print.
    Having gone thorugh the process, I found poor english speaking CSR's(shocker!) unable to communicate anything other than what their screen responses are telling them to say. In my case, they assumed I had received an e-mail, which I did not, and considered that my free trial. They will make other offers as their screens work through the process of cancellation. They said they would refund the $69 charge, however I did not wait for their promisses as I had already disputed the charge.
    The other number listed found the polite CSR unaware of any account I had with them, though he searched by many different sources. I will continue to monitor this.
    I can't say stay away or utilize this company in the sense that I never evaluated the product. I would have liked to believe that there was a chance for this to be effective(very minute chance) I can only say that I am an idiot for not catching the reoccuring payments and by the way they moved so quickly to take these payments, I fell for a stupid scam.

• Dd
      Sep 04, 2009

I have just had the same experience. I got a welcome note on my e-mail, then nothing. The 'help line' number I was given doesn't work, and has not, in fact been assigned! I doidi notice that the add dissapeared the day after I responded to it. It was there on facebook for a couple of weeks prior to that.

Thanks for the info above. I will stop payment from the bank end, but I still want my $69 back!

ddavies7

Sep 08, 2009

Well I to was and uniformed educated dupped consumer however thanks to the lancealot69 I called the provided number & the company says they will reimburse me? after 5-6 business days~ I thank the person who kindly went out of their way to inform what I myself had done read the disclosure Lesson Learned on mybehalf I will have to follow up w/ a banking dispute if they don't follow up & reimburse me.

Sep 08, 2009

Thank you for all those people who took the time to post the information to cancel> I just learned a valuable lesson to read all terms and agreements I to did not and was dupped and chrg'd but thanks to the provided phone # I called & cnx'd the company states they will reimburse me hopefully they will follow thru & I will not have to dispute feeling foolish that I didn't do what I should have which was to read the disclosure & learned another lesson I don't know why I provided my personal info again thanks to all who took the time to share this is an eye opener and awareness for me.

• Ne
      Sep 11, 2009

I had theame thing happen to me. I waited a couple of weeks and got nothing. I thought i was waiting for some kit from google and when I called this company they told me they were not associated with google. I asked them why they make it seem as if they are and 3 different people could not answer me they just kept saying "i'm soory mam, but we are not affiliated". I spoke to a supervisor told them that i better not see any mor charges. They said ok and even sent me a confirmation e-mail and knoe they are charging me $29.95. I didn't even bother to call them. I went straight to my bank!

• Ni
      Sep 13, 2009

i did not know that they were charging me $69.00. Can i call them and get my money back ?

thanks !

• Ti
      Sep 30, 2009

A good rule to follow would be that if a website money making program demands money up front, its probably good to avoid.

The issue with this webmoney training program is that it probably works, but you'll need to make an investment of about $200.00 to participate "properly". Your not informed about the additional charges until after you sign up. If you take the "free" services and dont upgrade, you only get a website with no traffic assistance, also you only have an option for 1 website thats pretty generic.

Upon signing up, you are required "in order to make money properly" to sign up for a sister service called "Alternative Funding Membership Program". This is the reason for the additional $29.95 charge. Thier TOS may mention this, but its hidden in fine print and pretty devious.

Like I said, this program may work, but it would probably be better to avoid. If you choose to back out, you have to jump through so many hoops it gets ridiculous. I will provide the numbers to the programs so you can cancel your accounts properly. Remember these are different companies so you will need to cancel with both of them individually.

And keep good track of your emails and bank accounts for surprises.

WebMoneyTraining - [protected] - if this number is incorrect, read the terms of service, there is a number on there you call to cancel your account.

Alternative Funding - [protected]

• Ea
      Nov 05, 2009

I just want to "ditto" all the above complaints !! Can't believe I fell for this. They have charged me in total $200.00 US and again today have promised that my account has been canceled!!! I'm absolutely livid. I never did receive a password to access their information. I will "never" again buy anything on the internet. They have ruined it for many companies that use the internet for "honest" business.

Dec 03, 2009

I signed up for the free trial for 1.97 and canceled the same day and was charged so many charges from different companies!!! This is a complete scam!! Then when I called they said that the charges would be taken off my card and I would no longer receive any charges but the charges didnt stop. I had to change my credit card number. They were very rude and lie continuously. They said that there was no record that I had canceled and no record that they said the money would be refunded and the deadline had passed to receive a refund... Don't listen to anything these people say they!!!

• Us
      Jan 06, 2010

Similar things happened to me. My co-worker is also cheated by a similar fraud. Searching the Internet I see a huge number of victims out there. I'm going to file a complain with Internet Crime Complain Center:

If all of us victims do our best to fight back we could draw enough attention from the public and our government agency to stop it. (If the criminals are caught and sentenced, we can then possibly get our money back.)

For those of you who do not check your credit card history, do it now. You may find suspicious charges from some unknown

vendors for $1.97, $2.95, $4.95, $9.95, $19.95, $69.97, or $79.95 etc.

America is a good lawful country. The law should be used to protect the public, not the bandit.

• Tm
      Mar 21, 2010

I never could get through to a real person so I turned it over to my bank. It took 2 or 3 months but I logged into my account one day and there was a deposit for $69.97. I had given up on ever seeing that money again so thank you Chase!!!