Web Money Training / Unauthorized Charge

1 AZ, United States Review updated:

These are scammers. I followed a Google popup and was directed to Web Money Training. I've been out of work and I felt desperate. I thought spending $1.97 for information on a web money training program was worthwhile. Now I know better. They took the $1.97 and I got an email with worthless information. Then, a week later, they deducted another $69.97 from my account. This was not disclosed to me initially so I had no idea about it. Also received an email from another Google referral source called Alternative Funding, but I called them immediately and cancelled, otherwise they would have charged me $29.95. I'm staying away from anything related to Google.

Comments

• Al
      28th of Aug, 2009

You are an idiot to have 1. not read the terms & conditions and 2. believed that this scam was legit. It is not affiliated with Google and you are a ###.

• Le
      31st of Aug, 2009

Hi,
    I live in Richmond, Va. and the same thing happened to me. These crooks took the 1.97 then took 69.97 out of my
    checking account and I have not received any information. The Better Business Bureau needs to know about them.

L M from Richmond

• Tm
      1st of Sep, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I did file a complaint with the BBB and from now on I will check with them on any internet company I'm not familiar with. I too have been out of work for several months and was looking for any kind of income. I guess we're the people these scammers rely on.

• Ti
      2nd of Sep, 2009

I came across this company and started looking into it, started to sign up and stopped when they asked for my credit card number. I am smart enough not to give out financial information without finding out more about what I am getting into. Just underneath the boxes you input your address and credit card information, there is a box that is labeled Terms & Conditions. So of course I read that and everything you all are complaining about is in the paragraph, it fully discloses the charges you will get each month if you do not cancel after the trail periods. All you guys had to do was read that small paragraph. Here is what it said since you all missed it.

"You will have 7 days from the date of order to evaluate our product. If you decide you are happy with the product do nothing. For your 7 day trial you will only receive a one-time charge of $1.97, and if you decide to continue with the membership after your trial - you will only be billed a discounted $69.97 per month. There are no obligations and no strings attached. You can cancel anytime via our customer support line at 800-416-1339. You will also receive a free 14-day trial to Alternative Funding. After the 14-day trial, you will be charged $29.95 a month thereafter, if you choose not to cancel. Cancel any time by calling 800-994-4164. View full terms & conditions."

I also read the full terms and conditions and visited their website, I have not signed up since I cannot determine what exactly they are offering, but I am still considering trying the free trail because it is endorsed by CNN, ABC, MSNBC and USA Today. All those who signed up, you need to use your username and password to log in and read up, get the information you signed up for to see if it is something you can take advantage of or not and see if it is something you are capable of understanding, doing and taking the time for. For those who have not gotten through on the phone to cancel, you can cancel online, here is the info from their website about doing it that way.

"How easy is making a cancellation? Can I submit this online or do I have to call?
    Its very easy, and yes there are several options for you to choose from.

By far the quickest and easiest way is to perform an online cancellation (option 1 or 2). The reason we suggest you submit a cancellation online, is because occationaly you may experience an inconvenient hold time when you call.

When you submit your cancellation online, the time you submit the request is logged, and therefore your cancellation is 100% guaranteed to be effective same day.

#1 - Online Cancellation : www.WebMoneyTraining.com/support.php
    Submit a cancellation using the Customer Support Form.

#2 - Online Cancellation : www.CSRegister.com/login.php
    Login to your CSRegister account using the account details in your email

#3 - Phone Cancellation : 1-800-416-1339
    Call WebMoneyTraining Toll-Free

#4 - Phone Cancellation : 1-800-490-4417
    Call CSRegister Toll-Free"

• He
      2nd of Sep, 2009

In fact I read the terms and condition and stopped immedietly. I GOOGLED 'web money training' and I got lots of complainnt against this company. How can GOOGLE allow these companies to go scott free. GOOGLE being multi billion comany are not bothered about such petty theives.In fact GOOGLE have the money power to file law suit against these compnies and teach them a lesson. But they will not do it and question is WHO WILL BELL THE CAT? NEITHER BBB NOR ATTORNEY GENERAL WILL DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT.
    TILL THEN THESE SCAMMERS WILL THRIVE ON THESE GULLIBLE PEOPLE.

HERSHEY

• Du
      11th of Sep, 2009

Turns out alterfunds.com 1-800-509-8479 and web money training.com 1-800-416-1339 link to the same call centre. I cancelled the Alterfunds.com and when I tried to cancel web money training and I called the other number both accounts are linked up so they were both cancelled. I have also been foolish. I don't care about the $2 or so charges from each company, but it's the $69 charge that really bothers me. Anyone successful in getting that one reversed? Can you dispute it with your credit card company?

• Mi
      11th of Sep, 2009

Hello,
    The same thing happened to me with web money training. Thankfully, I was able to call them on 08-31-2009 (when I noticed the $69.97 charge), cancel the the account, and I just got my refund back today. You have to be very persistent with them and follow-up about your refund. I also filed a complaint with my credit card company so I think the pressure coming at them from both sides was enough to get my refund. I didn't know about the Alternative Funding until finding this website and have called and all the numbers listed to cancel everything. As you stated, they all are linked but one trial period is 7 days and the other is 14 so you definitely need to call and make sure everything is cancelled. I hope that you all are successful in getting a refund and be more careful with online too good to be true stories. I definitely learned my lesson.

• To
      14th of Sep, 2009

I agree very much a scam. I never received anything but charges to my credit card. I am on the phone now trying to resolve. They seem to be nice enough but we will see how long it takes to get my 69.97 back. Once you login every where it takes you it someone wanting more money. I am still going to dispute with my credit card company.

• Du
      16th of Sep, 2009

They said for a refund go to csregister.com and print out the account reimbursement form and fax it in with your statement with the charges on it. I did that and I even ticked off rush to see if they refund anything in the next 7 business days. Probably not, but worth a shot.

• Ti
      30th of Sep, 2009

A good rule to follow would be that if a website money making program demands money up front, its probably good to avoid.

The issue with this webmoney training program is that it probably works, but you'll need to make an investment of about $200.00 to participate "properly". Your not informed about the additional charges until after you sign up. If you take the "free" services and dont upgrade, you only get a website with no traffic assistance, also you only have an option for 1 website thats pretty generic.

Upon signing up, you are required "in order to make money properly" to sign up for a sister service called "Alternative Funding Membership Program". This is the reason for the additional $29.95 chargeon top of the others. Thier TOS may mention this, but its hidden in fine print and pretty devious.

Like I said, this program may work, but it would probably be better to avoid. If you choose to back out, you have to jump through so many hoops it gets ridiculous. I will provide the numbers to the programs so you can cancel your accounts properly. Remember these are different companies so you will need to cancel with both of them individually.

And keep good track of your emails and bank accounts for surprises.

WebMoneyTraining - 1-800-416-1339 - if this number is incorrect, read the terms of service, there is a number on there you call to cancel your account.

Alternative Funding - 1-800-994-4164

• On
      16th of Oct, 2009

It doesn't matter how many times you cancel or get a refund. They just keep taking money out of your account. I have called all the numbers and I have about 5 cancellation numbers along with refund numbers.

It never ends.

• On
      16th of Oct, 2009

By the way if you gave them your card info then just cancel that card. Believe me it's worth it.