Web Detective Pro / Privacy Chest / Fraud!

I ordered that three day trial for three dollars. I canceled it the day after I ordered it. What they do not tell you is that by signing up for the trial, you are also signing up for another program that will charge you $39 within a month (they also do not tell you that you have to cancel the other program separately). When you call to cancel it and have the charge reversed, they tell you it cannot be done and then refuse to give you the information to their billing department or upper management to have the matter resolved.

Ly

Comments

• Ri
      29th of May, 2008

i just experieced the same thing. after seeing a 38.88 charge on my visa bill today, i called the info number only to be told the exact things- there is no one higher up to complain to and no way to refund the charges. i am so pissed, i wonder what the chance of getting this refunded to me is... and how to go about it lol. guess im an idiot.

• Su
      31st of May, 2008

My bank account was charged $39.95 for The Privacy Chest. I will call my bank to try and get a refund. This is theft, clearly. I do not and did not ask for this. I think I'm going to call the Better Business Bureau regarding this. How can people just steal from your account?

• Ro
      11th of Jul, 2008

Hi Lynn and others!

I had the same thing happen to me and have been going round and round with my bank (Regions Bank). The debit card division refused to say it was fraud, but it is! They finally took the complaint but said they doubt I'll get refunded for $38.83 plus overdraft chgs that this Identity theft (insert laugh here) program caused me. I laugh because they stole my identity!!! Anyway, I had to cancel my debit card and go so far as to open an account at another branch of my bank with a new account # and two new debit cards. Scary as hell to know that Canadians take advantage of us like this.

And to think they are our allies!

I copied these from another post for RazorEye Media Ltd. I hope the lady doesn't mind. It's where to report these ripoffs. They are run by RazorEye Media, LTD and web-detective. com...

Registrant:
    WaveThink Inc.
    Canada

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: RAZOREYE.COM

1.403932194

Technical Contact:
    Olynyk, Casey casey.olynyk@intriguelearning.com
    1.403932194 Fax -- 0

Plus even tho they aren't a member of the BBB in Calgary, here is the addy for them.

They will take complaints against them and send it to the company.

What a crock of BS this company is!

• Ro
      11th of Jul, 2008

Check this website too:

my3cents.com

for more complaints against this company! My bank says they're going to check to see if anyone else has complained. Yeah, they'd better.