Web Detective Pro / Their 3-day trial is a fraud!

3187 Mac AvenueFlint, MI, United States Review updated:
3.4
Phone: 810-736-1757

I tried the site and they said I could do a 3-day trial for $2.95. I signed up and then could not get back in to look anyone up and it gave me NO more information than if I didn't become a trial member. What a SCAM, I want my money refunded to my credit card and them prosecuted for fraud! Their site is not an honest site to go to. This is a bunch of bologna to get people to sign up for their stupid website, escpecially when someone is vulnerable and is in dire need of finding someone, like myself, trying to find my 3 yr old grandson whom his mother took to her sisters in Illinois and won't tell me where. I'm supposed to be able to see him whenever per the Indiana courts and now this!!! Thanks a lot!!!

Comments

Ke
  18th of Apr, 2008
The nature of our service is to provide you with links that may enable you to obtain any particular results you are searching for. We also clearly state on our order site in the Terms & Conditions that you agreed to in order to proceed with your purchase that we cannot guarantee that all records are accurate or available in our databases.

There is a vast amount of information within the site and many links contained within the service that may be of assistance to you.. Down the left side of this page you will see a very large menu divided into logical investigative categories.

This is really the "heart" of Web Detective and where all of your searches will originate. Please follow the menu on the left hand side to guide you through the many online investigative websites and databases. You will quickly see how your Web Detective membership enables you to access thousands of search possibilities around the world!

As you begin to explore the site, you will see that we have clearly separated the free and fee-based links. We want to provide you with access to the top free resources on the Net, but we feel this service would be incomplete if we did not also include some of the most useful fee-based online investigative services available.

Some information belonging to third parties is just not obtainable without paying a fee for it. Fees would depend of the individual sites you were interested in accessing. Many fees you'll run into are centered around obtaining hard copies of documents or access to private, third party databases.

You'd have to do some research, of course the quality and success of any search is based on a combination of the search engine being used and the information being input into it. We obviously have no knowledge of what resources are available to you to pursue your individual needs.

The first contact we had with Ms.
Zwolinski was on April 7, all subsequent emails were very rude and demanding we answered each and every email explaining our service and charges. The membership has been canceled as of April 7/08 as requested.
Lo
  19th of Apr, 2008
I signed up for the free trial, and couldn't log back on! Major rip-off and I refuse to pay!
Sa
  21st of Apr, 2008
i too fee that i have been ripped off, i will deny this charge on my credit card, you are to cancel my subsctription immediatly
Gl
  27th of Apr, 2008
I tried the site and they said I could do a 3-day trial for $2.95. I signed up and then could not get back in to look anyone up. It gave me NO more information than if I didn't become a trial member. WHAT A SCAM, I want my money refunded to my credit card and them prosecuted for fraud!! Their site is not an honest site to go to. This is a bunch of BULL to get people to sign up for their stupid website, escpecially when someone is vulnerable and is in dire need of finding PROMISED INFORMATION.
I signed up for the 3 day trial but I can not find out where to login, or the login that was confirmed with them is for some strange reason Now"not valid"
I emailed razoreye.com and asked them to find out what is going on. Why can't I sign in. according to them I have 3 days. This is day 2 but I have not been able to logon so I can continue the promised service. I needed to get the information before the trial time was up! It is very improtant information that I don't have access to!!! according to this site it could find anyone anywhere...but how many days would I have to keep trying to login before my membership would be up! I have just now seen numerous complaints about this site and feel like I have been scamed too!!! I want my credit card reimbursed immediately. I have a disabled child that I am raising and I need every dime I have. The information was purtaining to her court case...Thanks to this site I may not have the information before I get back to court!!! THANKS FOR NOTHING!!!

Single mom of disabled child
Tv
  3rd of May, 2008
I signed up for the $2.95 three day trial. I was not able to use at all. When I got my receipt it looks like I was charged 39.95 which was wrong. I would like to know why I was charged 39.95 and am not even able to use this website.
  4th of May, 2008
Same thing happened to me. Web detective is a fraud!!! It offers to help you for 2 dollars and some change and when you sign on they charge you 39 dollars and it recurrs every month. They refused to give my money back. They more or less said too bad so sad. You are the stupid one!!! Please help put these people out of business!! they are charge big bucks for info you can get for free on other web sites.
Jo
  5th of May, 2008
I agreed to the $2.95 "3 day trial". When I attempted to cancel, I was denied access to my account.
Now a $39.95 charge appears on my credit card statement. I will refuse to honor the $39.95 charge and trust that the credit card company will reverse the charge.
This deceptive outfit should be reported to the FTC and banned from doing business in the United States.
  5th of May, 2008
actually that was 48 hours ~ they will get back to me in 48 hours via email or phone ~ I will let you know if they do ~ JUST DON'T USE THEM !!
  5th of May, 2008
I signed up for the trial period March 21, 2008 ~ I was able to use it but none of it was useful ~ they just send you to other sites that "might" have the information that you are looking for but then you have to pay those web sites more money to use them~ so web-detective is more or less a yellow pages for sites that can really give you the info your looking for ~ with a little hard work on the net you can find those sites without web-detective.

so anyway ~ I canceled the trial membership within 2 days ~ sent them an email like they requested ~ I sent my cancel request to cancel@razoreye.com explaining my dissatisfaction with their product and I have a copy of that email ~ it was $4.90 ~ waste of my money ~

then three days ago ~on a FRIDAY !! May 2, 2008 I see a pending transaction for $38.83 from web-detective on my bank account! Of course it's the freaking weekend and I can't get a hold of anyone at web-detective. So I called the two numbers I could find on the site 305-671-3165 and 877-207-0626 ~ I could only leave a message on the 305- 671-3165 and it kept cutting my off ~ so I ended up leaving three messages explaining my complaint.

then I emailed support@razoreye.com and explained my complaint in detail.

then I went to the web site http://www.web-detective.com/cancel.aspx and canceled again.

So Sat I get a call from Shelby who says that she is from web-detective ~ she explains to me that my subscription to web-detective was canceled but there was a "checked box" on the site that I DID NOT "UNCHECK" for a "privacy chest" product to help me protect my identity so that was also included in my trial package but I would have to call a separate number to cancel that ... WTF???

first off If there was a box checked for that I would have unchecked it because I have no use for a identity theft protection product ! and second why would they make it so difficult to cancel everything all at once ?? ~ third maybe it was so freaking small I didn't see it ...

Shelby said that I was supposed to get some sort of package from them via snail mail but I never got anything ~ never used the privacy chest thing ~ never even knew I was subscribed to it ~ nothing until I saw that pending charge on my account ...

Shelby said there was no manager that I could talk to and that I just had to call 888-432-4378 which was the direct number to the privacy chest ~ she said they were the only ones that could help me with my complaint...

so I called 888-432-4378, I was on hold for 33 minutes before I spoke with Darwin ~ I explained my complaint to him and he said that all he could do was cancel my subscription to privacy chest so there wouldn't be anymore charges but he could not help me with the pending transaction. He also said there was no manager that I could speak with but I could call 877-769-9323 and ask for help with the pending transaction. ... WTF ????

so then I called 877-769-9323, I was on hold for 28 minutes before I spoke with Jesse. He informed me that the only thing he could do was write a help ticket for me and submit it to the billing dept... which would get back to me via phone or email within 48 hours... he could not give me a confirmation number ~ he could not give me means to contact the billing debt directly ~ he said that his manager Maria wasn't even there ~ and wouldn't be in for a few hours but of course she would tell me the same thing he had already ~ that there was nothing else they could do to help me ~

so this freaking charge in going to go through my account tonight ~ I didn't authorize it ~ I didn't want it ~ I didn't use the product privacy chest ~ I never received any type of information that I was subscribed to it ~ I didn't even know I was subscribed to it and I can't get a hold of anyone in this company to help me get my money back ~

these people suck
Ti
READ EVERYTHING!
He
  11th of May, 2008
this is a scam . they billed my credit card a month after i did the 2 dollar trial . i never gave them permission to take 38 dollars out of my account every month . this is fraud and i will report this to the authorities . they are using my name credit card and personal information without my permission . they are very difficult to reach . the service is a fraud also .
He
  13th of May, 2008
I had the same type of problem with Web-detective.com. I am hoping the FTC would look into it, but I don't know how to get them involved. Merchants like web-detective.com should be shut down.
Ly
  14th of May, 2008
I am currently going thru this nonsense myself. I felt that since I cancelled the trial, all other programs should have been cacelled with it (not that I knew there were additional programs). They are scammers. I have posted warnings on every site I can think of, letting the public know of their sneaky practices. I am a single mom and I had simply used the trial period to try to locate my MIA husband. I cancelled it 24 hours after I signed up, and a month later, my account is charged $39???? WTF???? Got the same runaround as you guys. Told, more or less, that I was SOL.
Ti
  14th of May, 2008
Why would anyone put a credit card number on the internet and not read everything? I dont understand. You are only asking for trouble! I guess there is a price to pay for being naive.
Nd
  15th of May, 2008
I signed up for the trial for three days - I could not get into my search and I immediately contacted my credit card company to cancel my trial. I intend to send the a cancellation to the company.
Ta
  18th of May, 2008

Web Detective Pro - Will not let u sign back in!
Web Detective Pro
1011-246 stewart green sw
calgary,alberta,canada,t3h 3c8
Phone: 1-305-671-3165
www.webdetectivepro.com

This is a huge scam. Something really needs to be done because they are lying about the services provided. This razoreye media group is full of it they are making a killing of off people and we get nothing but scammed. Please do not fall for this sh*t. I am so mad at myself for even trying something like this.
Ma
  24th of May, 2008
I signed up for the three day trail thinking that if it were useful I gladly pay for another month as that would have been long enough to do what I needed to do. The site was worthless and I tried to cancel during the first day of my trail and it took me two hours of trying to access the web address they gave me. I sent many emails to cancel after the their auto-emails started coming with recurring charges that went from 39.95 to 78.78. I finally c0ntacted my bank and was told that these types of scam websites often vary their charges every month in the event that you try and block them or cancel them. I wound up having to cancel the debit card I used. It would work the same way with a credit card. They can only come into your account using the account number you entered into their system. Once you cancel that number it stops them. Do it immediately so they won't continue charging your account.
In my opinion, Web Detective Pro is a scam and I have reported them to the Better Business Bureau and I will report them to any other agency I can find that handles this type of situation.
Ni
  25th of May, 2008
does anyone know how to get the refund?????
Pa
  26th of May, 2008

Web Detective Pro - not legitimate
Web Detective Pro

I cancelled my trial membership and now am being charged a monthly fee. And, their website doesn't work. I couldn't find the information requested and kept going around in circles. Do NOT fall for this
Da
  27th of May, 2008
EVERY NEGATIVE COMPLAINT I HAVE READ IS ACCURATE, AND I AGREE!!
THIS OUTFIT SHOULD BE PROSECUTED AND JAILED FOR FRAUD.
I CAN'T EVEN GET ON TO LOOK UP ANYTHING, EVEN THO I AM PAYING TO BE ABLE TO!!
DON'T BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE THIEVES!!