Web Detective / Waste of money and time!

What a waste. I should have done some more research before wasting my $39 on this scam. The service only provides links to other public domain and fee based search engines and, thus, adds nothing. If that were not bad enough, I now am getting spammed for my trouble.

Comments

• Mi
      26th of Mar, 2007

Web detective is of no value!

• Na
      30th of Apr, 2007
    Web Detective - Taking unauthorized funds from my bank account= $79.90

Appears to be unable to contact! Paid for no info returned. Have been unable to get to a site after they received the money. It just goes from one site to the other that I'm sure are also scams. I will pursue to get a refund. The site they give you for refund is not available. But I will continue to annoy someone if they do not reply!

• Wi
      30th of Apr, 2007

ABSOLUTELY! There's even a fraudulent site rating it highly which has bad links to the other "recommended" sites that funnels you towards this one being the only one that works.

• El
      31st of May, 2007

Web Detective is the worst site. They will not even respond.

• Br
      14th of Jan, 2008

This organization advertised a $4.95 three day trial offer for their services. In the fine print of the 'agreement' they commit you to automatic and unending renewal of service at $39.95 a month if you don't cancel within the three days. The advertisement is clearly intended to sucker you into trying their service so they can later claim that you must have known what they were up to because you agreed to their terms and conditions. This offer is a scam and the companies services are superficial at best. During the three day trial, I quickly found that there was little information available through this service and that anything of substance that you wanted to find out came only after referring you to other sites which again charged a fee for providing information. STAY CLEAR OF THIS SERVICE!!! I am now fighting this organization and have contested the charge with my credit card company. I am researching where to report this organization beyond the BBB and US Chamber of Commerce.

• Ke
      18th of Apr, 2008

I am sorry but we supply ample avenues to contact us, via phone or email, these are supplied on your purchase receipt sent via email after each and every purchase we also provide ample opportunities to cancel your trial membership before it turns into a monthly membership, people not reading what they purchase is the problem our site does not send spam, however we have no control of the sites you visit.

Thank you.

• Ke
      18th of Apr, 2008

There is not a website to cancel however it is an email address and we also offer a cancellation option on the website itself. The email address to cancel is cancel@razoreye.com I repeat this is not a Web Site address.

• Ki
      17th of May, 2008

only wanted to find a background check on one person
    It turned up nothing. But one person is all that I cared to check on. I don't want to join something I am never
    going to use. Please cancel any memberships to Web
    Detective. I have no use for it at all. Kirby J. Roland

sony500@maikaka.net

• Vi
      22nd of May, 2008
    Web Detective Pro
    web-detective.com/cancel.aspx

After joining by paying $2.95 for the "free" information, nothing was found. They said they had a positive match until I joined and then there was no information to be found. Also they gave a website to cancel and there is no such website. The telephone number is a pre-recorded message and no one answers. DO NOT JOIN THIS WEBSITE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

• Be
      27th of May, 2008

Whoever that representative from web-detective is that posted here is lying. I tried the trial membership and once I realized it was just links to other sites and didn't actually provide any kind of service on it's own I immediately canceled my membership. I was then sent an email that said I would receive a cancelation number within 48 hours, of which I NEVER received. One month later they're telling me that I canceled my membership to just the web-detective and not the "privacy chest" that is an "optional" service that costs extra(I'm certain this was marked by default and somewhere not-so-easy to see when I signed up for the trial, because I NEVER signed up for any "privacy chest").

I now have a $40.00 charge on my account for something I NEVER used. Their response to me was that I should have received a package in the mail stating everything I had signed up for (of which I NEVER got) and that it was my fault for not paying close enough attention to their traps. I'm now speaking with my father to see what legal action I can take against this company because they blatantly stole money from me, it's evident that I never once used their service and yet they still refuse to give my money back because they're in the industry of crooks.

Here is the exact email I received from one of their representatives. I'm awaiting a response to my reply.

Thank you for contacting the Razoreye Media Group.

At the time you made your Web D Pro purchase you also opted in for a trial subscription to The Privacy Chest which includes a monthly newsletter devoted to education and prevention around identity theft, as well as a proactive identity theft protection service. The Privacy Chest and Web Detective Pro are two completely separate products.

The order information for TPC was on the same order page for Web Detective Pro. If you signed up for a trial membership, you were also given the option for the free trial issue of The Privacy Chest.

You chose to accept the free trial issue, and as clearly stated on the order form, receipt and confirmation email, your trial subscription does roll over into a monthly recurring subscription if you do not cancel within the 30 days after the initial signup date.

The Privacy Chest was delivered via first class mail to the address you provided at the time of purchase. On that issue were clear instructions to cancel The Privacy Chest if you wished to do so.

As indicated in the newsletter and the greeting message, you had the option to cancel your Privacy Chest subscription at any time by calling our toll-free number.

The Privacy Chest membership was not cancelled so you were charged accordingly, these charges are non-refundable but we have removed your subscription from the recurring billing feature so no further monthly charges will be placed.

We are truly sorry to hear you have not found our product to be useful for your purposes, any feedback you may have that would allow us to improve our product for future clients would be greatly appreciated!

Should you wish to remove your email address from our database please visit:

http://support.razoreye.com/ and use the link provided.

Thank you. Should you have any additional questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Johnny James

• Bo
      6th of Jun, 2008

I signed up for something that was only somewhat useful. I wanted for that purpose only. I did not want to be billed $39.95 a month which is what happened. I'm not even receiving web detective emails.

• Br
      10th of Jun, 2008

Cancel this membership they charged me for something i didnt use.

• Su
      14th of Jul, 2008
    7098 Lockwood Blvd
    Youngstown
    Ohio
    Phone: 3309657653

Web-Detective is a FAKE. You pay the bill, and then you cannot access the site! What a joke. This needs to be taken care of so others do not get ripped-off! They take your money and that's all -no access and you can't get anyone on the phone!

• Te
      9th of Aug, 2008

My purpose in posting this comment is to prevent people getting ripped off as I have been by Web Detective. I joined this service for a Lifetime Fee. (Money back promised if not satisfied) At first quite a bit of information was provided... Then little or no information was provided but was then available for a very high charge. When I complained that this was not the service I had signed up for and requested a refund, I was told I was never charged, they never heard of me, they were a different company, etc.
    They refused to give me a refund. I filed a complaint along with with a receipt of them charging me for their "Lifetime Service" with the BBB. They still refused to refund my money Via the BBB and I filed a negative complaint against this Scam.
    I hope my experience with these rip -Off Artists can prevent someone out there from getting scammed as I was.
    Thanks For Your Time,

Terry Lien

• El
      19th of Aug, 2008
    Web Detective - False Billing
    Fayetteville
    Arkansas
    Phone: 479-442-3565

I originally went to WEB DETECTIVE online and was trying to find some information about a past employer. I subscribed. Originally Bill was supposed to be $2.95 and then $39.95 if not cancelled within a certain time frame. I signed up.. the $2.95 was taken from my account and I immediately tried to search the person. NOTHING would come up. IT wouldnt let me access what I needed. I IMMEDIATELY CANCELED THIS !!!
    Today I was charged $38.83 ... taken out of my checking account !
    I WAS FURIOUS !!!
    How can someone get away with this ?
    I have never had anything like this happen to me in all the years of on line research and applications!
    THIS IS A SCAM and all should be aware of the hidden monies that will be taken from you !!!

HELP !!!

22nd of Aug, 2008

sign up for lifetime membership but now cant login or retrieve password

• La
      28th of Aug, 2008

There was several payments that were taken out of my account without my authorization and I do not appreciate this on bit. First off I have never heard of this web-site, second of all I don't have a personal computer to use for this purpose and third I would never enter my credit card number on a computer to find someone. I have called several times to resolve this matter and even spoke with a supervisor by the name of Sarah that informed me that there was not a supervisor over her that I could speak too and that my call will be escalated to the billing department that will respond to me within 48 hours- well I only took a push of a button to drain my account for 3 different charges that I have not subscribed to in the amounts of 39.95, 37.00 and 38.83, all taken out on the same day. I have only used the computer 2x's this year and one was to set up my unemployment at the workforce center and this current time at the library. Now I frankly do not know what type of company this really is but I need my money to be refunded because it was set up without my permission and this is the 2nd time this week one of you internet sites have taken funds out of my unemployment account. 48 hours will be up tomorrow and I will continue to call every 20 minutes if I have to to GET MY MONEY BACK!

• Ta
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Thanks for your reviews...almost signed for the trial thing...I'm sure many others too...hope you can gain some satisfaction knowing you're keeping honestly earned money out of their theiving pockets!

• To
      14th of Sep, 2008
    Web Detective - Internet Detective Ripoff
    Razoreye Media Group

Website claimed to be FREE and allowed you to enter a person's name whom you would be interested in finding. Upon entering the name it responds by informing you that the persons identity has been found and asks for a $2.95 three day trial fee that allows you to retrieve the information in addition to 3 days of unlimited use. After I paid this fee with credit card and submitted the name of the individual that it claimed to have found, it responds with "no record found"! Put these criminals out of business!!!

• Ir
      1st of Oct, 2008
    RazorEye - Web Detectives - Offering 3 day subscription for $2.95, then charging the provided credit card $37.00 monthly fee for recurring membership
    webdetectives.com

This company is offering a 3 day trial membership for $2.95, after the 3 day trail membership expires the company is converting the membership into a recurring monthly membership and charging $37.00. I never authorized this company to charge my account this amount or signed up for a recurring membership.

It should be a law to stop people like this with no morales, this is plain robery!