Web-Detective / scam

Pd. lifetime membership for Web-Detective and they re-named site to other things like -Net-detective and a few others. Every thing you paid for went to a charge site. The AD for web-detective was a total lie. I want to take them down. I'm going to do it my self and I know how to get my money back. If any of you who got screwed by them want your money back, The more people, the easier it's going to be. Just e-mail me at netminderone@aol.com. I am tired of these scams, screwing hard working just looking for some help with information. I am going to put a blog in all the web sites and chat logs I can find. With enough people, We can file a class action suit and get our money back, plus SHUT THEM DONE. thanks john

Comments

• Sh
      15th of Oct, 2008
    Web-Detective - Privacy Check Scam
    rmgmembership.,com
    Calgary
    Alberta
    Canada
    Phone: 888-432-4378

I signed up for a trial subscription to Web-Detective.com. Upon realizing that it was a worthless piece of trash, I immediately canceled my subscription. Then I am still charged for some other Privacy Check service which they say was checked and I do not agree even existed on the page I agreed to. Now I am being charged for something that I never agreed to and in fact never received anything for in return.

• Sm
      28th of Oct, 2008
    Web-Detective - billing
    Razorseye Media Group
    Canada
    razoreye.com

Trial membership scam. Yes I too was a victim, so I thought. I was not however victimized by the company stated above but by my own discourse. I had signed up for a three day trial membership with web-detective, the only stipulation was that somewhere in terms of use agreement (I neglected to read of course) it stated that if I did not cancel my membership 48 hours prior to the billing date that I would be charged the monthly fee. Lets see trial membership was three days (=72 hours) cancellation 48 hours prior to billing date would mean that I needed to cancel the day I signed up. stupid me. i learned my leason and hope the word gets out about this tactic of making money. These companies conducting business in this manner don't care if you cancel after the fact because they have already made their money off you. REMEMBER TO ALWAYS READ THE FINE PRINT, AND IF IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE YOU WILL PROBABLY GET HOSED IN THE END. If only I had thought of operating a website like this I could be rich. On the other hand karma is a force I care not to mess with, these people will get theirs in the end.

• Lo
      8th of Nov, 2008

I have found, in only my personal opinion, that it seems to be much more than canceling the same day you sign up for it. I was told that I was actually signed up for another of their scams, called Pirate's Chest (?), I asked the person from webdetective to cancel that also. I was told they do not have a billing representative. I was told that webdetective and this other company are not affiliated with one another, but somehow I would be transferred to the Pirates Chest. I find it hard to believe they have nothing to do with each other but I am able to be transferred BY TELEPHONE from one company to another. Then when I get through to someone from Pirates Chest low and behold I spoke to the same annoying lady that I talked to the day before at Webdetective! I am 1000% sure it was the same lady but according to them, they have nothing to do with each other! When I canceled my trial period to webdetective I was even told that I would NOT be charged for anything. Also the web site they give you to cancel your "free trial" has been canceled. It seems to me that this MAY not be an ligitimate company. According to my bank, this company is out of Australia or whatever country AU stands for. If you notice they also tell you 1 in6 people become victims to identity theft and various other statements about identity theft. So you might want to keep a look out on your credit report and bank or credit card statements.

• Ge
      13th of Nov, 2008

charged for a sevice i did not order

30th of Nov, 2008
    Web-Detective - To cancel a my membership
    6102 Kenilwood Rd.
    Houston, Texas
    Phone: 713-301-9146

I have been trying to contact the Web- Dectective
    Company to cancel my membership as of 11/31/08. I would appreciate it very much if you
    would do that as soon as possible. Thank you.

30th of Nov, 2008

I was supposed be charged a one time fee of $39.95, and i have been charged this month twice. And I do
    not appreciate that at all.