Weaver Gas / Newburgh, NY / UNprofessional Behavior

1 5317 Route 9WNewburgh, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-845-561-4049

Well here is yet another complaint about this company. Today my wife called weaver gas to inform them that we needed a propane delivery. We owed them 600.00 which we told them that we would pay when they arrived. The first person we spoke with was Debbie very polite, we had set everything up. Now we called a second time to confirm the appointment and the amount. That was when it became hostile. We spoke with a rude, obscene, vulgar, and unprofessional woman named NICOLE. She told my wife that they were hitting us not only for the 600.00 owed but also late fees, 125.00 extra for them to come out their way to fill us up, and if we were empty when they came out we would have to pay an extra 55.00. This from a company who filled me up in April for the last 2 years never came back until late september to fill me up only because I had to call them due to the fact that I had completely ran out of propane. Each time waiting several days for them to come. Anyway, when my wife told Nicole that this was not told to her that is when she became worst than when she informed us of the "EXTRA" charges. She stated that if we were out that we would have to pay 55.00 extra so we better be prepared. She was very RUDE and OBSCENE. When my wife asked to speak to the manager Joe she said they don't have a manager there or anyone named Joe. We know that the manager or supervisor is Joe cause we dealt with him in September '08. When my wife asked again this time Nicole refused to let her speak to anyone in management. My wife then asked if they had a website, thinking she can e-mail management, Nicole stated "WWW. [censored].COM" and hung up on her. My called back and asked again to speak to the manager joe. This time they patched her through to joe alright but her name was joanne. She stated that she is the manager and joe is her shortened name. Now I know this to be false because joe is a man. We live in complex with up to 14 townhouses each one uses Weaver Gas and each family has the same problem. The rudeness and unprofessionalism that they display. The hidden EXTRA charges. It is employees like NICOLE that make it difficult for customers to pick out something good to say about this company. I mean does Weaver gas believe that they are the only ones in town? My wife and I have begun shopping around for another propane company not only for us but all the other families want to break away from Weaver. It's too bad because now they are in jeopardy of losing between 28000.00 to 35000.00 a year all because of one ###.

Comments

• Bo
      11th of Nov, 2008

The people there are extremely horrible.

• De
      2nd of Jul, 2009

I just want to add that Weaver gas is no longer the weaver gas of old. The family has either partnered or sold to a company by the name of Jetgas who handles the day to day operations. The Weaver gas of old was a very nice and good company which was before 2006 when this company came over. Now they are a money hungry corporation that nickels and dimes its customers.

• Wa
      21st of Apr, 2010

Very useful. I was just on the phone with Nicole for half an hour in an attempt to get a sense of the company in order to decide whether to switch over to them from suburban propane.
    Nicole told me she had only worked there a short while (untrue according to francisco's email). While she was very nice to me, a prospective customer, I am definitely effected by all of your specific comments, which make me uncomfortable enough to decide to avoid dealing with them.

BTW, she kept repeating that the company has been owned and run by the same family since 1937. There was no mention of Jetgas, a critical piece of information -- thanks dementer. I also asked her if there were any customer reviews online and she said there were not. Now I can see why she lied again.

warwickian

8th of Feb, 2012

Thank you for providing this information. I was directed to Weaver Gas by an online inquiry seeking reasonably priced propane in my area. After reading these reviews, and hearing about the horrors of Nicole, I'll stick with Bottini Fuel. I might pay a bit more, but I don't need the hassles associated with a fly-by-night operation.

• Wi
      12th of Sep, 2013

Weaver Gas is a terrible company, and their customer relations are an example of how things should not be done. This company has an F grade from the Better Business Bureau, something I didn't know when I started to use them.

Nicole in particular is rude, inefficient, and hostile.

Their billing practices are dishonest and sloppy.

Their prices and hidden fees are also dishonest.

But don't complain to them - it's a waste of your time. Complain with your feet and do what I did - move elsewhere. I now use Morabito and am delighted. Honest, straightforward billing, no per-month tank fee, pleasant, efficient and polite office staff and wonderful service workers.

14th of Jul, 2014

Having read the above articles about Weaver Gas I did not think I had much of a chance with arriving at a resolution with them. But I had to try. Having been a customer of Weaver Gas for over twenty five years I was amazed when I received a final notice on a $146.94 cent bill stating that if it was not paid in full in 10 days they were going to terminate my gas service and remove their equipment. The history of this bill is for years my propane bill was $35.00 to $40.00 per quarter, I did not even flinch when I had to pay $75.00 for a delivery because I did not use enough propane. Last September I ran out of propane and they came down and filled me up, no problem. This past March I ran out again and they delivered a second 100 pound tank, filled both and charged me $289.05. I called Weaver asking for the reason behind the second tank and was told that my refills are on a 351 day schedule and one tank did not last me that long so they sent a second tank. I questioned the lady in the office and told her that I was unable to pay for two years worth of propane at one time but I would do my best. I then asked her if Weaver only sent a truck to Fort Montgomery once a year and was told that the dispatcher makes up the routes and there was nothing she could do about it. So far I've paid them $100.00 on April 15th and $50.00 on June 13th. Then I get this final notice letter giving me 10 days to pay in full or they are pulling their equipment. I called and spoke to Debbie and after I finished the above story she told me the balance is due in 10 days and there is nobody else at Weavers to talk too. I told her that if that is the case they can pick up their tanks on July 20th the 10th day after they sent the letter. How do businesses like this stay in business?

• Sp
      21st of Dec, 2017

Have been a customer for over ten years, but now Weaver Gas is playing a game and waiting for me to run out or propane before they deliver. They don't care that my pipes will freeze and burst, costing thousands to repair. When I called each and every person I spoke to treated me like crap. Weaver Gas sucks!