WDW resort hotels / Poor service

Orlando, FL, United States Review updated:
2.5
Phone: 0163 569982
My family & I have stayed at the Polynesian Resort WDW on 3 consecutive years including 2008. We have stayed at this resort on 7 occasions. Since Disney has introduced a meal plan dealwhereby guests save money on meals during their stay, the Polynesian Resort has become crowded!

To obtain a decent cooked meal at their waitress service restaurants is almost impossible unless you book a table months in advance. You can always take a chance and arrive and be prepared to wait in the hope of a cancellation but it is a chance with no guarantee. Self service meals are equally frustrating due to long lines that form at most times of the day. Not good for guests and employees alike! As a paying guest access to food should be problem free without long delays! This meal plan has been a huge mistake by Disney in an effort to get more money. Other services (no towels to use after 9pm for swimming after a long hard day useless vending machines) are too numerous to mention. Everything at the Poly is an effort. A once luxury hotel is now a 3 star hotel charging 5 star prices! Want to be a sheep in a crowdwd pen? - go to the Polynsian! You are no longer made to feel special when staying there as guest!

Comments

Lg
  27th of Sep, 2008
First of all, Disney was offering their Dining Plan for FREE during your stay. I was at Pop Century (checked out 9/18/08) and I had no problems. You should always book your table service reservations months in advance. They will even send you an email reminder to do so.

As far as the towels go, you are supposed to take towels from your room to the pool.

As far as customer service, I stayed at Pop Century and we were welcomed home and treated quite well. The Cast Members kept our room clean, offered lots of help, etc. Just like they always do.

We booked next year's trip before we checked out. You should have noticed a flyer in your room advertising the FREE Dining Plan for fall next year, too.