WC Value / WC HomePlay / Scammed by WC Value and WC HomePlay

If you are reading this then you have been scammed by WC Value and WC HomePlay.

WC Value & WC Homeplay has a habit of billing unauthorized charges to consumers Credit Cards and Debit Cards and not performing any type of service. They tell you that you have signed up somewhwere during your internet browsing by an affiliate company, but they can't tell you what website it was or anything else.

If you have been scammed by these people or seen these charges on your bank or Cerdit Card statement and you called and cancel the services be prepared the charges will reappear. They show up on my statements about the same time every year and have for the past 3 years. You can call the 800 number provided and cancel the services but in about a year the charges WILL SHOW BACK UP.Is there anyway to recover these charges? Probably Not My bank tells me that I'm the only one with access my card and I'm the only one with access to the numbers on my card so if the charges show up as a debit purchase then assumable I give them the number so it could be billed.

Va

Comments

7th of Dec, 2007

It happened to me on 12/6/07. I was billed by Homeplay for $16.95, but I was able to contact them on the 800 # listed on my bank statement. The first person I talked to demanded my card number to track my 'membership.' I refused and asked to speak to a supervisor who insisted I had signed up as a result of something I bought on 11/5/07. Checking my statement, I didn't find any purchases on that date and demanded a cancellation and refund. The supervisor eventually said I would get a refund in about five days. Time will tell.

• Am
      16th of Jan, 2008

I have also been scammed and called to cancel,dont even know how they got my debit card #,isnt this illegal? They also tell me that they will give me a refund in 3 business days,they not only charge my bank account once but twice in one day for 19.95 each so now i have to pay overdraft fees as well!!!

• Fr
      14th of May, 2008

I just need their telephone number so I can cancel. I could have known I canceled already but I've been charged again so maybe not.

• Ro
      18th of Jun, 2008

They have been charging my card for $19.95, along with Today's Escapes which I don't know much about yet. I called to cancel also and they assured me (when I FINALLY got a live person) that it would be cancelled, well, I got my money back for one of them but the other one did not reappear. And as of this morning there was another charge for $19.95 to my account for WC Value Plus! I have already told my bank that I want no more money taken out by any of them and yet there it is in black and white. It seems that someone should be able to do something about this!