Waypoint Homes / Rental real estate

1 Hollywood, FL, United States Review updated:

Do not rent from this company please! Waypoint homes, key colony homes, colony starwood homes. So many bad reviews so therefore the name change. So many issues I don't know where to start. I rented from them for 2 1/2 yrs. They do unacceptable maintenance just to make it look good. I had plumbing problems from week 1. Sewer toilet water backing up into my tub & kitchen sink. They never fixed the problem. I had to go & buy a brand new toilet & install it myself. Problem fixed. They did not use primer paint on the outside or inside of the house so the paint was peeling off. They would not fix this upon my renewing my lease, but they are charging me for it on my move out statement. I painted the inside of the house out of my pocket. The house is now ready for hurricane panels to go up. I had the window screws installed. For a 1 1/2yrs the a/c pipe drainage was leaking back into my bedroom & seeping underneath my laminate flooring. There was a huge hole in the outside of the house into my closet. It took them over a month to fix it. I had the flooring ripped up because I couldn't live in there anymore. The mold in the room was getting all of us sick. When the guys finally did show up, they showed up at 4pm on a friday with no tools or supplies, after I took the entire day off of work to wait for them. My entire room was emptied & the furniture in my living room for 2 weeks during the christmas holidays. They finally fixed the floor but those same guys who removed the closet doors to install new flooring refused to put the closet doors back up, "sorry, that's not our job. " I am being charged for this on my move out statement. A 40yr old ficus tree fell on the house over my sons room during a storm. It put a huge crack in the roof. Waypoint did not find this to be an emergency & ended up sending 2 lay men to the house a week later on easter sunday. They also had their wives & 2 children waiting in their car who sat in my driveway for the entire day. I ended up calling the police because they were attempting to cut the tree down dangerously without a permit. The tree was eventually cut down but the company left all of it's branches & tree trunk in my yard for over a week. I had to call the city commissioner. So many other issues & now they have the nerve to charge me over & beyond my security deposit. The property manager literally emailed me & said, "sorry you are after the 15 day dispute cutoff date. " I think I will need to hire an attorney.

Sn
Nov 21, 2016

Comments

• Tr
      29th of Apr, 2017

they did the same thing to me. Did u hire an attorney? I want too as well. What's funny they gave me the 15 day dispute was too late too. It wasn't and doesn't need to be 15 days for small clams court.. They have simislar complaints all over the country which will hurt them in small claims court..
    My 15 day wasn't late they tried to say they gave me notice 4/6 I received certified mail 4/11. So they are just saying anything to ripoff renters.