Wayne Frier Homes / Awful experience

I purchased a DW mobile home last year, and was ripped off. I was told the home I was purchasing was a upgraded model and everything from floor to ceiling was upgraded. That was false. I contacted Wayne Frier Homes in Tallahassee, FL to let them know that the carpet I got was very low grade. They denied that they told my husband and I that it was upgraded. Then the sales person was rude and started yelling at my husband. We wrote a complaint to corporate office and they didn't do anything. Buyers beware. Make sure you have it in writing, and when they say they are with you from start til end that is a bold face lie. I had to call Fleetwood myself numerous times to have them come and fix things wrong with the house, they were also not very easy to deal with but that is another long year story. So we have lived in our home for 1 year and after 2 months living there we had wear patterns on our carpet, they put linoleum under the carpet so the carpet wasn't on a even surface. Do buy from Wayne Frier, Not recommended. I wish they could come and take our house back.

Va

Comments

Bo
  23rd of Jan, 2009

I purchased a home from Wayne Frier Home Center and had a great experience.. The sales professionals helped me with my credit issues when others told me no way I could buy a home.. (Three other dealerships in town) The sales professionals at Wayne Frier helped find property. Pulled permits, Did everything. And I love my home and when I do need service they have always been right out to take care of the problem. And I know many other home owners who purchased thier homes from Wayne Frier and they all enjoyed working with the professionals at Wayne Frier.

Do
  28th of Jul, 2011

Bought from Wayne Frier back in late 2003. Once the contract was signed had nothing but problems and lies. They never did provide us with much of the warranty documentation such as the a/c warranty information, etc. I do not recommend this company. Run, don't walk away. Years later I'm still discovering problems left from this company and its subcontractors.

Dc
  11th of Jan, 2012

Do not buy from Prestige / Nobility Homes, either, what a disaster of a corporation. They vow to make garbage expensive.

Sm
  6th of Nov, 2016

I went to that LIVE OAK dealer to try and purchase a Mobile Home, and my credit is fine . I told them that I wanted a 30 year FHA Term

Over the phone they said no problem, so I drove for an Hr and 20 minutes Getting there they, AFTER filling out an app tried to FORCE me into doing Land in Lieu even though the Banks own page suggests otherwise

DO NOT TRUST THESE CROOKS

Fortunately I was able to suspend my app