Wavetel Service / Collected extra money

India Review updated:
2.5
I happen to purchase one E6 motorola from Wavetel Selaiyur Chennai Brance. At purchase i produced my problem that i will be purchasing the same after some time as the payment had to be issued from my company within a week. Wavetel Branch manager suggested that"sir we can give you the option of purchasing it now through Card payment, and when you produce the check we will return you the cash".

The biggest mistake i did to believe all the branch manager and regional manager as they were showing so dedicated to their work to produce me quotation and all. Purchase was made onth 24th june 2008 with payment through card, check produced to them on 24th july which they were supposed to be return me through cash as i already did my payment.

The reason they provide is Accounts people are on leave so they are not able to issue check. Is this the best reason they could come up with being telling themselves as good mobile service provider.

Mobile cost me something 13200, for which i paid 26400 and still expecting the manager will call someday, as he promised me two weeks back, with a check. At present manager is also not picking up his number. GOOD WAY OF DEALING WITH SITUATIONS.
De

Comments

Rv
  11th of Nov, 2008
I advise none to buy from Wavetel Chennai. They are a bunch of cheats. I insisted on a new mobile from an unopened box, they indeed opened the box seals in front of me (shows they tamper with seals) and sold a phone which was used many times for sending SMS's. Best way to deal with them don't ever buy from such cheats.

Who knows if it is stolen/ malware installed/ changed many hands. Legal action is being taken against them
Mu
  21st of Jan, 2009
I too had the bad experience with wavetel. I bought a nokia 7210 mobile from wavetel adyar. While buying the shop people told that the gift was out of stock and they will call me once they get it which they expect by the following week But have not get any till date. We made repeated calls to the branch manager, customer care and zonal manager but all are a bunch of cheaters, liars...
Dh
  15th of Apr, 2009
I have purchased motorola mobile in wavetel Ambattur branch few month bach the cost of it was 14700, now the is not working it went for service for 4 times, but no use, i asked for replacement first they told they told they will give now they are not responding. i even complained to the CEO of wave tel, but he gave a fantastic response now it was 20 days i have given my phone for service to them i didnt got any response or even my phone from them.

Dear all,

Please stay away from purchasing mobiles from wave tel they are only know well for cheating customers not for mobiles
Pr
  14th of Nov, 2009
I strongly agree that NOBODY SHOULD EVER BUY A MOBILE FROM WAVETEL. I bought a Sony Ericsson W350 from Wavetel, West mambalam Branch, Chennai.Within 4 months the phone was completely dead and had issues with keypad. I gave the mobile for service in same place. After 1.5 months the agent from wavetel informed me that the battery has gone bad. HE COLLECTED RS 100 from me stating he has boosted the battery.When i returned home and checked with my warranty card i found S/N of my original mobile battery and the S/N of the battery i had now was different. Within 5 hours of use my phone was dead again. On top of this my mobile was used by the wavetel agents . Guess they forgot to delete their contacts in my phone book and also the SMS they had sent using my Mobile phone. I have waited for 1.5 months and have got a mobile which is still unusable. The customer service they provided was very enraging. I am planning to go Legal
El
  26th of Dec, 2009
Today I saw in the website they have given the AD like for every Walkman series mobiles will given speaker free, and also the SONYERICSSON W705 is costing around 12690+VAT for this they given that they will be giving Rs.3000 worth HOME THEATRE FREE, When I went to Adambakkam shop and asked for it, they are telling that the SONYERICSSON W705 which is coming with the speakers is only available in the shop and it is costing around Rs.15000 /- and told that there is no free gift for that pack. These peoples are giving the FAKE advertisements in the Website people like me might belive these words and go to their shops for purchasing the items we are getting these types of answers only. We should keep these kinds of peoples out of selling these types of product with their fake Advertisements.

Wa
  27th of Feb, 2010
dear customers

you all know wavetel being the number mobile retailer of mobile phones in chennai, the volumes of phones are very high at somes one or two customers are not satisfied, from the management we are comitted to resolve even this 1 percent customers to become satisfied with wavetel. if u have any customer issues kindly mail us at customercare@wavetelmobiles.com or call at 04439144444 our 24 hr call centre we assyre you your issues wiull be solved