Wavee / Charges to my credit card

1 3102 Wild oaks Circle, Valdosta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 2292429602

I just started an account with Wavee and bid on a few items. I won one for $00.08 and thought I was beginning
to understand the system. Then I realized my credit card had been charge $22.50 and then another charge of $75.00 was added. I was bidding in the cents range - NOT a dollar range. I thought the charge was for what the items were really worth. I can't find a telephone number to try to correct this. I don't want to deal with any company I can't talk to about an issue. What do I do now?
Sue Bentley

Comments

• St
      18th of Nov, 2010

Wavee US, LLC
    75 5th Street NW
    Suite 212
    Atlanta, Georgia 30308
    Phone: 800 879 92833

• Li
      20th of Nov, 2010

I think you got it all confused. In order to bid you HAVE TO buy bidding credits IN ADVANCE. The 22.50 and 75 are the cost for the credits you bought (you might have bought them without realizing it). They are NOT charging you for dollar range. Say, you bought 50 credits and you used 10 bids to win the item at a price of $0.08; at that point, you only have to pay $0.08. They don't charge you extra on the 10bids that you used (because you paid in advance already).

I actually called them before signing up, because I was skeptical. The rep walked me through the whole process so I didn't buy unnecessary credits. Be sure to call them directly to see what they can do for you! Either way, at least you won an item!

• St
      20th of Nov, 2010

Fake news site for Wavee.

• Ko
      30th of Nov, 2010

Hi, I am responding to LizHarper! Liz, can you please give me the direct phone number, I need to call them asap! They charged my debit card $48, but now I can't even get access back into the website to make a bid. I need to see if I can get this straightened out! Plz email me asap.

[protected]@hotmail.com

• Fl
      7th of Dec, 2010

I signed up recently after some very positive national press. STUPID DECISION ON MY PART!!! They have LOTS of disclaimers in the fine print about potential problems with your internet connection - okay, kinda makes sense. However, in my case I have a fairly new computer with a cable modem internet connection and I have NEVER had problems with my internet performance. At least until wavee. It all started when I was trying to find out about how to join and what it costs. I hadn't fully decided to do so. I thought the sign up was similar to a paypal thing where you entered your payment type but no payment would be made until I specifically decided to do so. Next thing I know, there is an "internet connection blip" and I find that I was immediately charged $75 without ever being notified in advance of that - or having the option of confirming that !!! Not real happy, but maybe it was a real connection issue. So to shorten this story, these connection problems continue through EVERYTIME I have ever logged on. I get error messages that I am not logged in - but they pop up after I really have logged and I have been bidding on an item for 5 minutes. Nice. So I send email after email to wavee through their support contact. NOT A WORD IN RESPONSE. Never.

Take a look at other comments above and you will see that this is a pattern. I plan on contacting the BBB (they are Atlanta based) and do everything I can to make this known and make them accountable. MAybe you can get deals on items, but their approach to dealing with customers is unconscionable.

7th of Dec, 2010

File a dispute with your credit card company, let them deal with it.

Once there is enough pressure banks and credit card companies will be forced to bring down this type of auction not only with the particular company but with many others that follow similar shady processes.

7th of Dec, 2010

"Heaven forbid that people actually have to become responsible for entering the credit card information online."
    Well there are shady online auctions whether we like it or not. If nothing is done, chances are more victims will show up.

Financial institutes have enough resources and surely interests to keep their clients happy. If they want to stop this "game" they can.

7th of Dec, 2010

The game of paying without knowing.

"You supplied the merchant with the card number, and accepted the merchant's terms and conditions."
    Really? Since you want to go down that path tell me where is the signature

7th of Dec, 2010

"we're talking about online merchants/purchases, yes? You don't have to sign anything or even click a "submit" button"
    If there is a dispute you need to prove it. How you gona prove it? From the customer's IP? via his e-mail perhaps?

Merchants are partially covered with the 3D secure with Visa and MC because the customer needs to enter the password too (if the merchant deploys 3D). But still the customer can claim he got nothing in return for what he paid.

You see this kind of game is not a real auction. With auctions, you pay when you place the highest bid and you receive the item of course. From what I understand this is not the case here. You pay and you get nothing.

7th of Dec, 2010

"Would you buy a car if you didn't know how to drive?"
    Maybe if I am to resell it for example and make a profit.

"you may pay for bids, and not end up winning"
    IMO that's the problem because that will not make it an auction site but likely a gambling site.

• Bo
      10th of Dec, 2010

My first visit to this site was horrible I put my credit card number in thinking that they needed it just in case i decided to bid on something, but boy was i wrong they instantly charged my credit card $75 for some wavee credits that i did not ask for or request so let that be a lesson DO NOT give up credit card info unless you are ready to actually buy something

• Ha
      17th of Dec, 2010

this is america where screwing over you neighbor has become acceptable. this goes for business as well as personal. until we wake up and take charge of our lives as well as our political power-mongers, we'llcontinue to go done the road to self distruction.

• He
      18th of Dec, 2010

I gave my credit card information while signing up for Wavee because one obviously cannot participate in an online auction without having a source of funds to pay for the bids. The $75 charge for a bundle of bids was slipped in in a way that, while perhaps not technically illegal, certainly was underhanded and violates normal practice of online sales by reputable companies, in which you are asked to confirm payments before you commit to them. Defending a company because it does not technically violate the law misses the point: why would a legitimate company use such misleading tactics? But this is not the worst thing about Wavee. Its promotional video claims that its buy it now prices are the lowest online. It was this claim that made me sign up. After looking at the way the auctions work it seemed to me that I had little chance of winning one, but if I was committed to buying something in any case, I had nothing to lose by bidding on it. At best I might get it for a very low price, and at worst I would get it for less than anywhere else. I was especially interested in a Macbook pro. The Wavee buy it now price is about $1130. Amazon sells the same thing for $1080. I wrote to Wavee asking how they made good on their "lowest price online" promise. The first response was just random ad copy, touting the greatness of Wavee, and not addressing my question at all. I pressed and was informed that "Wavee does not engage in price matching." I pressed more, and asked now they could offer the lowest price online without price matching. They wrote back denying that they claimed to offer the lowest price, but claimed only to offer "among the lowest prices." This was simply incorrect: their promotional video clearly says "the lowest price." I called the customer service line, asked that my account be closed that my money refunded. The rep initially refused to do this, but with some pressing he relented and agreed to refund my money.

Wavee may be behaving in a way that will keep its owners out of prison, but that hardly is a ringing endorsement of their business practices, and is not likely to win them many customers. If Wavee is not a scam, it certainly is acting like one.

25th of Dec, 2010
    Wavee - SCAM
    wavee
    atlanta

they billed my credit card $75.00 for "credits" i did not even consent to buy...from what i have read on net and [redacted] they do this to every sucker, i mean customer

• Jm
      12th of Jan, 2011

Wavee is a money making scheme that fools the customers and will never have EBAY status. You have to pay each time you bid and sit their all day and outlast thousands of people making a bid at the last second. Total waste of time and just makes you want to buy it full price. Dont be fooled with all the penny bids and .75 ads they have on their website because it really is $75 and a bend over to [censored] you in the a$$.

• Ro
      18th of Jan, 2011

Stay away from this site, was waiting almost to months for my product, was not that much of a savings, worst I never received product, got a refund on the 10 for the product but not for the bidding. Stay away, this site is a complete scam, not there fault is was mine should have listened to first instinct, if it is too good to be true on the internet, it usually is. I have a cousin that works at NBC, and I am hoping the producers can do a follow up on this site.

• Sh
      19th of Jan, 2011

Have won about 6 item from Nov 2010 and haven't received one yet. They say it is due to the holidays. Other companies can ship and you get your items why can't they? They get your money but yet don't deliver the products! Also I have lost alot of bids on winning items due to their counters freezing up. They say it will be taken care of however nothing has been resolved. I keep writing them but no responses.

• Qu
      21st of Jan, 2011

Just before I went to the bank today to make a deposit, I checked my bank balance online, as my usual routine. I nearly choked when I saw a $75 charge from a Wavee LLC company. What's that, I wondered. I called my bank and told them I wanted to dispute this, as I've never even HEARD of this company. I didn't register, didn't give them my credit card info. So, I googled 'wavee' and found the website. I called Customer Service and explained that this was an error and to please reverse the charges. The rep called me a LIAR and said they didn't refund credit card purchases. "How many personal checks or cash do you normally process each day?" I asked. "None, " she said. "So what you're telling me is that there is NO REFUND policy, " I said. "That's right", she replied. I tried to explain to her that I didn't register, didn't participate in an auction, NEVER GOT ANYTHING, so there shouldn't be a problem returning my money and closing this account. She flat refused to even close the account! Said she had no proof I was ME and that I needed to take responsibility of my purchase. I DIDN"T PURCHASE ANYTHING I stressed to her. I asked to speak to someone higher up; she said there was NO ONE for me to speak with. I've never even HEARD of this company! Have they ever heard of 'identity theft'? My bank is going to dispute it and is confident that they can reverse the charges, but WHY would ANYONE want to do business with a company like this? I intend to call our local news station in ATlanta to tell my story, and perhaps hire an attorney. I have no idea who got my card number, my email address, and telephone number. But all I know is that I DID NOT join this company or buy anything! It sounds like a shady business; if I ever wanted to buy anything, I'd go with a reputable company with honest dealings. These charges are how they make their money. I'm not letting this go. I didn't 'give up my credit card', as one of you worded it. There are some of us that have been hacked. Don't know who it was, but it wasn't I.

• Fu
      25th of Jan, 2011
    Wavee - Bad service
    Wavee

According to the guidelines after and auction has counted down to 20 secs each bid causes the timer to go back to 20 sec and no more. I have participated in not one but two auctions and spent over $90 where in a 20 second bidding countdown the auction readjusted its timer to almost 2 full minutes!!! I thought it was a glitch but it happened on another auction the same night. I have submitted 4 tickets to customer service and have yet to hear from them. Soon I will seek legal council to have the remaining money in the account reimbused. I will also report them to the news station that advertised for them - if I do not hear from them soon

• Jl
      29th of Jan, 2011
    Wavee - SCAM
    WAVEE
    Georgia
    WAVEE.COM

I WON TWO AUCTIONS IN NOV. 2010 AND HAVE NOT RECEIVED MY ITEMS. EVERY TICKET I SEND IN GETS NO RESPONSE BACK. WHEN I CHECK STATUS IS SAYS CLOSED/RESOLVED. TODAY WHEN I SIGNED ON IT SHOWS THAT THE ITEMS I WON WERE VOIDED. WT[censored] NO EXPLAINATION. HAVE NOT EVEN GOTTEN MY MONEY BACK!! THIS COMPANY HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SEEMS TO BE A SCAM!! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!