Wave Tec Pools / Potentially fatal flaw with hydraulic system

1 7200 N Ih 35Georgetown, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: (512) 868-3999

The hydraulic system leaks hydraulic fluid into the water as well.

We purchased our pool in May 2006. It was June 1, 2007 before the pool was fully constructed and we were ready to swim! By August 2007, I started noticing a black "grease mark" along the edges and near the skimmer. I removed the screen from the current machine to find that the metal couplings had orange and yellow goop all over them, and that the underside of the screen was coated in oil.

This is more than an inconvenience... My children swim in that pool, a petrochemical like the hydraulic fluid can cause deadly chemical pneumonia (if you haven't heard of it, it is why there are now safety caps sold on baby oil products.) All children will take a nose-full of pool water from time to time. This is a very serious threat to anyone who swims in these pools where the hydraulic fluid has leaked.

Wave Tec people have tried to tell me that it's a problem with Flagstaff water, and that our hard water is causing excellerated rusting of the couplings and that's why it's leaking.

I'm a graduate student at NAU, and the Chair of my department is the foremost Hydrochemist in the region, and he has assured me that's the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard.

So, like you, I'm venting on this site, I'm out many thousands of dollars too, I'm disgusted by their business practices, and I will go to any length to get my money back and do what ever it takes to put these people out of business.

Luckily, Texas' "Don't mess with..." reputation bodes well for all of us in that their Lemon Laws are among the most consumer-protecting in the nation...

Welcoming any input... Jenno.

Va

Comments

• Sh
      3rd of Jan, 2008

We've had a non-usable pool from them for about 2 years now and have been making monthly payments on a pool that we have never and I mean never been able to use.

• Li
      28th of Apr, 2008

My pool was supposed to be completed mid July 2006, it was not completed until October 2006. Finally got to use it a little the summer of 2007. Have had problems with the pump and filter system ever since it was put in. Now the liner is coming loose from the top and will not be able to use it this summer. Superior Funding continues to take my payments but will not return my calls as is the same for Wavetec. I am going to contact the BBB and a lawyer. I think if everyone will contact the BBB in their state and complain I hope we will be able to get Wavetec to make things right. We must take action. Like alot of you I am paying good money for nothing.

• Ro
      20th of Jun, 2008

I happen to know that this company is still trying to operate even though they are "closed" down. They are selling all of the "wavetec" equipment under the name "brad pogue" My fiance did some work for this man, not knowing how horrible this company was, and guess what he was never paid for the work he did! I want this company and all of their illegal schemes to get get what they have coming to them. If they are allowed to sell all of their equipment, then why are they doing it under this man's name? Something is obviously fishy! I wish I would have checked out this company before my fiance decided to help this ### sucking man out. We want to go to civil court to get the money, but I think they should be punished by a higher power!

• De
      17th of Jul, 2008

I agree that wave-tec sucks. I was stupid enough to build pools for them, and all they did was give me the run around the same way they do with their customers. They still owe me money for work that I did 2 years ago, and I really don't plan to see it. But if I ever run into mark o'daniel, or that jason herring ###, I am going to take it out of their ###.

22nd of Jul, 2008

here is some updated information for any one who is dealing with superior funding...104 count rd suite 101 georgetown texas 78628..there you will find brad the ### and his sidekick joyce the *!%$...jason ### herring is in hiding there too..#18665363321.joyce"s#512 879 4750.i hate this company. i wish i could get the money to pay this rip off company and be done with them..now here is a # for richard leaf who use to work at superior512 795 4943.here is who has been helping me if you are in texas, office of consumer credit commissioner 512 936 7643. this company has given me so much stress, that i call them everyday just to piss them off.good luck to everybody that is dealing with wav tec are superior funding. I FEEL MUCH BETTER NOW!!!

24th of Sep, 2008

Please let me know what your attorney said. I would love to be in on the lawsuit. Superior has sold our loan to Compass Bank who is represented by Crown NorthCorp for collection.

23rd of Oct, 2008

I have had run-ins with this company before as well. I own my own pool company and have been building pools for 25 years in North Carolina. If anyone is in need of pool repair due to Wave-Tec, please email me or call the office at 910-355-2274. I will give you a discounted quote for repair work, basically do it at barely above cost, as I have felt the pains as well! Visit our website at www.cash-pools.com and send an email if you need any help.

3rd of May, 2009

I am also a victim. Would love any info about a lawsuit. Contact me at tthompson@lifepicsphotography.com.
    Any help is welcome and I will share all I know as well. I also have photos.

3rd of May, 2009

I am also a victim. I am trying to sue wavetec and superior. I have a new thought and would like to run it by anyone who is in a lawsuit or filing a lawsuit against wavetec. If there is anyone out there who has gotten a good result let us know how please. Email tthompson@lifepicsphotography.com.

15th of May, 2009

This must be the fatal pool flaw they're going to talk about on my local news at 10:00!

• Je
      4th of Apr, 2011

This is to address anyone who has purchased, is mid construction, or is in a legal dispute with WaveTec pools... My first phone call on Monday morning will be to a "Lemon Law" attorney in Texas.

If you think your problems getting the stupid thing constructed have been a nightmare... just wait. The hydraulic system leaks hydraulic fluid into the water as well.

I'm a graduate student at NAU, and the Chair of my department is the foremost Hydrochemist in the region, and he has assured me that's the most rediculous thing he's ever heard.