watson motorsport / selling you a car you don't want

1 Midlothian, IL, United States Review updated:

Back in 2006 I was pressured into getting a car I didn't want. Just as the other complaint I was reading. I was called and told they would be able to get me into a car. They show you so many cars that are in "your price range" but if they aren't telling you any numbers, how do you know what your price range in let alone the price of the car. Basically they ask you can you afford a certain amount or would you be willing to put down a substantial amount of a down payment in order for the banks to approve you. If you aren't careful you end up in a upside down loan (like I did) from the moment I rolled off the lot. I had requested to see a carfax report.. . to my understanding they can show you that for free or suppose you show some type of report of the car. The person that was showing me the car suggested to me his boss "wouldn't go for me asking to see a report". He did ask him but the manager had a real nasty attitude, of course, slammed a car door and used profanity. I think it was a bunch of role playing. I now know that their is no such thing as having three days to change your mind on a used car but one of the financing manager supposedly put one in writing and tried to keep both copies of what he wrote. When I mentioned it (as I noticed him trying to slip it under other paperwork on his desk) he politely stated "or your right, I didn't realize I still had your copy". He did indeed give me a copy but after I signed my life away and walk out of the office, I turned back and noticed the original that I signed regarding having three days, he balled it up and through it to the ground. I knew then I had really made a terrible mistake but didn't know what to do since I signed a paper. They put the pressure on you, you don't have a choice of what you can choose from, they only show you a couple of cars, and they will downright do anything and make any deal just to sell you a car.

Comments

• Ad
      2nd of Apr, 2009

First of all there is no cooling off period after signing a contract. The only way you can actually get out of a signed contract is if you dont actually drive it off the car lot. The deal has to be signed and delivered in order to fund. Secondly I dont believe that a finance guy wrote on a piece of paper that you can bring the car back in three days...That is not allowed in a dealership unless the person writing that letter assumes full responsibilty for the returned vehicle...basically he owns it...Not happening...Third..Dealers normally ask prequalifaction question, without you really knowing what they are doing, to get an idea of your credit rating. You must have said something durning your conversation with him that lead him to believe you may have bad credit. If thats the case salesman know what cars lenders will approve on certian credit ratings with min. money down...I dont see a problem here..

3rd of Apr, 2009

I just want to respond back that watson motorsport is a rip-off. They get you in a car at all cost. I know that their goal is to make money, but they do it at all cost. I know NOW there isn't a such thing as having three days to return the car. Funny thing is they gave me a contract that states I have that long to return the car that I SIGNED but of course they didn't. Just another one of their tricks of the trade. Without a signature from them it doesn't uphold. They didn't ask about my credit score, but of course they told me in the end it was low. I can own up and say I was nieve in the whole process. But you live and you learn.