Waterhouse Securities Inc. / Fraud and scam

Waterhouse Securities Inc.
Waterhouse Securities sent me a letter saying I had won a shoppers sweepstakes out of Canada. They sent me a check for 4980.00 and said to call them before I cashed the check. after that they wanted me to western union or money gram them 2995.00 for the taxes. they said to contact Lewis McGregor and was signed by Mary Peters Promotion Manager. It came in a plain white envelope with a canadian Stamp No dated postage mark just a Fraud prevention stamp on it. The check is drawn off a bank called Bryan bank & trust 9971 Ford Ave. Richmond Hill Ga. 31324. I did not cash this check as I knew it was not real. I just want others to beware of this scam.

More Waterhouse Securities Inc. Complaints & Reviews

Plus Waterhouse Securities Inc. - &Shoppers Sweepstakes Winner& [27]

A  10th of Apr, 2009 by
This is truly a scam! If it sounds too good to be true, then it is indeed too good to be true. Don't be fooled! I just got one of these letters/checks in the mail today. Please be aware of this being an opportune time for these types of scams as people are losing their jobs every day becausse of the economy. Don't lose the little money you have buying into this type of scam. Common sense should tell you that you don't send money to get money from a solicitor that you did not call first. People are losing their homes because of this mess! People, please be careful with what God has blessed you with. The enemy's job is to steal, kill and destroy. Resist him and he will flee!
A  12th of Apr, 2009 by
I recieved one of these letters as well...only this check is drawn on a Wells Fargo Bank.

These scams are all over the place these days, please be careful...if you didn't enter the contest or submit some sort of entry...you didn't win anything.

If I had actually won all the scams I recieved, I would be a multi billionaire...lol.
A  14th of Apr, 2009 by
I received one of these letters and asked to send $2995 for taxes. They included a check for $4980 issued by the Commerce Bank. I received this in California.
A  15th of Apr, 2009 by
i receive the same check but i knew it was a fraud because if i won anything why i have to send some money and contact the person back if it was my winning they should have came to my house with a t.v. alive and posted me on all television station stated that i a winner and not for me to called them back and say i went to the bank and let them know what i did so i told the foregin man on the phone that i would contact the consumer reported on him and he hung up the phone real fast so i guess he's not a winner today so please be aware of these scams.
N  21st of Apr, 2009 by
My neighbor got this kind of a check and it sounds good . Well, little as i can do my personal investigation so i called the company to verify how to cash the check.The guy ask me about whos name was it under and the home telephone number. So i only gave him my neighbors last name and home number. He explained to me that i need to deposit the check at my bank and that i needed to pay back taxes on it. Well as every citizen i pay my taxes by doing it before the 15 of april, so i thought it sounded funny that i needed to pay taxes on it and right away. So i asked him if he could repeated the steps to me what i had to do to claim the money. He started talking to me almost like shoutin. He just didn't want to tell me more till i returned the call as soon as i deposit the check. I tolled my neighbor that it sounded like a scam and to wait on depositing till i investigate over the company in the internet. and sure enough here you all are complaining like we are. Thank you all for doing the same thing.