WaterBoss900 Softener

I am a landlord in a rural part of Florida. I began installing the WaterBoss 900 softener for my clients to help remove rust. At first I was so happy and amazed and how the product worked. I installed them per the manual and at the time they did not recommend covers or weatherproofing. The unit performed flawlessly.

I had bought a total of 4 units...and hit the 3 year warranty period and EVERY SINGLE WB900 I have installed has had the electronic head FAIL. At first...when the first one failed they happily replaced the head. The customer service was great. This was about 2010 or 2011.

Something happened in 2012. The customer service department started balking at the electronic failures requiring me to produce not only receipts for purchase but installation receipts from my vendors. They questioned dates and took days to respond.

I have bought a total of 5...FIVE units before I quit them and gave up. I now have 2 of the original units (1-2017) still in service and have had to wrap them in tarps and it makes it difficult to fill with salt for clients. The electronic heads are $189 for replacement and I would NOT GIVE them another dime of service!

I have a box of 4 heads left (they replaced 2 that failed under warranty and I kept them). They ALL failed from weather exposure and line surge. Waterboss KNOWS this is happening and is preying on the general public with their inferior design. By the way...the 10 year warranty they offer is on the 'tank'...the solid fiberglass part...nothing else. Who would ship that back to them???

Sorry WATERBOSS. NOT going to recommend you. I will vote with my dollar!

Bi