Watcheslux / Defective Goods

1 United Kingdom

I did business with Watcheslux because of their impressive website. Their range of replicas is massive; the photograhy excellent and the search facilities first-class. With such care an attention, it seemed likely to that the same would hold true over the quality of their goods and customer services (sucker I hear you say!) but unfortunatel, this is not the case.

Regarding quality, they obviously haven't a clue what the meaning is of the chronograph dials!

On the model ordered, the sub-dial at the 6 o'clock position is supposed to show the passing of seconds (normal time mode) whereas the one above it and to the right should show 1/10th of seconds in chronograph mode.

On mine, the one at 6 o'clock actually counts days (yes, days!) despite the watch having a date display!The dial above it and to the right shows the passing of seconds in normal time mode (totally incorrect).

I complained and got a courteous reply giving a return address and I duly sent it back. About 2-3 weeks later, I got a reply telling me that it would be exchanged for another one but that the "sub-dial at the 6 o'clock position is supposed to be a date synchronous with seconds."

About a 10 days later, I received the replacement which was no different to the first.

I went to great pains to point out that the model supplied had been fitted with the wrong movement and did not function correctly, but only to be ignored!

I have since requested a different model as an exchange and have so far received no reply.

The look and feel of the watch is impressive. Had this been a non-chronograph watch, I'd probably have been happy, but for how long?

Customer care obviously means very little to them and based on my experience, it would appear that they really don't have a clue over what all those dials mean!

It is easy to waste quite large sums of money on watches that you really wouldn't want to wear or give as presents, so my advise is to give them a miss and do business with one of the many other suppliers!

Watcheslux