WashWorks Car Wash / Did not wash my car like I paid for!

On December 28, 2006 I went to Washworks at 3:39pm to have my car washed. I paid $15.00 for a Deluxe car wash. After 40 minutes of waiting I began asking employees where my car was.

No one was able to locate my car. I asked for a manager and they told me he was in a back garage. I walked back there to find my car in a shut garage and it had not been washed. I asked what was going on and he said the key broke off in the ignition and so they pushed it into the garage and left it. I asked him why they did not come and get me and he said he did not know. I asked to speak with the owner and he said that he was not there. I told them I wanted my money back and he said no and I needed to get a tow truck and get my car out of their garage. I called Lexus and they talked me through putting back pieces of my broken ignition key and I was able to start my car. I again asked for my money back as services were not rendered. They refused and called the police to have me trespassed off the property as I was no longer a customer. So Washworks, DID NOT WASH my car like I paid for, They broke my Lexus key of $250.00 and they caused me to be 2 hours late for work and called the police on me for not leaving simply because I wanted my $15.00 back. Their number is [protected] and owned by Richard Olden

Va

Comments

• Ri
      30th of Oct, 2007

As the owner of the above car wash, I find the initial posting quite interesting. True, the key was broken but, as the responding officer from Metro pointed out, there was adhesive on the key where it had been taped together before arriving at our facility. We had to call the cops to get these irrational people off the property, even thought I did offer a full refund to the customer. The next morning, the customer's father came to visit me and apologized for his daughter's behavior and said that he has told her a number of times that she needs to go to anger management classes and learn how to control her temper. I again offered to give the full refund to the father to give to his daughter but he declined saying that, if he knew his daughter, I had more than $25 worth of foul language and harassment from her. He was right on that count. The customer's friend had to be told, under threat of going to jail by Metro, to leave the property and not come back.

The customer filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and when I told them what occurred, they said that it sounded like one of the occasional whacks that they have to deal with from time to time.