Washinton Mutual / deceptive and unprofessional practices

Washington Mutual
WaMu misinformed me of my mortgage status, screwed up my payments and my credit score.
None of their employees have a direct phone line (either a branch phone number or a toll-free number), so it's hard to get a hold of anyone who would properly help me and have access to my account. Their call center was extremely persistant in calling me but was not helpful nor nowlegable.
This is very unprofessional, inefficient and unacceptable for any business this day and age. I thought dealing with a mortgage agent and a local branch would be faster, better service and less descrepencies, but it was a total nightmare and my personal WaMu mortgage agent was never responsive nor competitant. She never returned my urgent messages and left me hanging, she also worked odd hours at the branch and rarely showed up to the branch when supposed to.
My refinance took more than 7 months and they never approved me, dispite having an excellent credit score (before WaMu screwed it up), having 46% equity in my condo, and a decent income. I can't go to another bank or lender because WaMu has seriously degraded my credit score. I was forced into a loan modification with unfavorable terms, to avoid being in forclosure.

WaMu should been left for dead, instead of being bought out by Chase. I have never have experienced such incompetance and disfunction in any kind of business.

To everyone, avoid WaMu at all costs. They can't be trusted and are extremely unreliable. Do a search on WaMu complaints and you will get the picture.

N  5th of Jul, 2009 by
If they really did screw up your credit, why are you sitting there taking it? Arm yourself with some knowledge then go back and let 'em have it.
A  28th of Aug, 2009 by
WaMu just screwed me today.

Two months ago they offered me (not me asking them) something called an REH Extension. Basically it frees you from 1 month payment put pushing it to the end of your loan.

Everything was done and I was told everything was good and that my July payment was NOT due.

Then came the entire month of august with the harrassing phone calls to my work telling me my August payment was applied to July and I'm late on August.

I call them in the evening from home and am told - everythings okay and my next payment is not due until September.

Turns out they renigged on the REH and NEVER TOLD ME. This appararently was the case BEFORE one of thier 'people' told me I was good.

The 'suspervisor' told me that WaMu made errors. He apologized for those errors. But THEIR mistakes and THEIR apologies doesn't get me ANYTHING!

WaMu - legally offered me an extension they 'legally' withdrew, they 'legally' never had to inform me that it was withdrawn, and now they 'legally' FORCE me to make two payments by Tuesday.

Great scam they run.